Your Favorite "Signature" Scent?

RE: Your Favorite

I love my Euphoria...

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-snail1/lb/209/145/178/.png"

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid67

Oh I am a Tommy Girl through and through. Ralph by Ralph Lauren is good also. I also really like "love at first glow" by JLo.

Another Romance my Ralph Lauren, girl, here!!! I'm also one that can't smell it on myself after a few minutes, but get asked all the time what I'm wearing....I love it!

This thread is fun & giving me ideas to try something else...thanks Nancy- I am looking at MAC website now!

Amy- Isn't Romance so good? I am addicted to it, lol. I used to buy others thinking I'd use them once in a while & I just can't do it. I really like how I can't smell it on me b/c with my allergies it could be bad! I always sneeze like 3 or 4 times when I put it on in the morning then I'm good! :) Glad to see another that can't smell on herself but always get asked about it.

I didn't even mention my true "signature" scent. The ONLY scent I have not been fickle about over the years is Safari by Ralph Lauren. I always come back to it. I've heard Lauren plans to stop making it, so I should probably stock up.

I like Sung by Alfred Sung. Can't find it everywhere, and I had to pick it up on trips to the U.S. when I lived in Europe because they don't sell it there.

***Lainie***

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain

I used to work at an upscale department store's Cosmetics dept untill last Nov. It was really interesting what the top selling fragrances were. Our # 1 seller was always Romance/Ralph Lauren. Other great sellers were Clinque/Happy, DKNY Be Delicious, Cashmere Mist/Donna Karan, Lovely/SJP, and the Philosphy fragrances.Also, Beautiful/Estee Lauder, Chanel #5(which is the #1 selling fragrance/nationwide). It was really fun to work in fragrances, they are so personal. A good idea would be to go to the fragrance counter, find scents you like, and ask for samples. You really need to wear the fragrance, to see if it works with you body chemistry and your personality. I don't reveal my own scent though, I don't want everyone else wearing it!

I hope you like it Nancy.

I'll be paying a visit to my local MAC store to get some more MV1 this week...love that store!!!

Interesting, Bella. I agree that you have to wear a fragrance for about 24 hours before you can know if you love it. I love spending hours going from counter to counter sniffing the fragrances at the department stores between sniffs of coffee beans. I can spend hours at it. :D

I am a bit suspicious of Romance. Chanel came out with Allure first, and it seems to me that Lauren followed quickly with Romance, which to my nose is identical. My nose isn't infallible though. What do you think? Do you think they're the same?

Ok, this is kinda embarrasing, but I wear SKIN by Bonne Bell, who sold it to another company. It has been my cologne since college. The weird thing is that everyone loves the scent.
I have found some more expensive colognes but never purchased them.

>Interesting, Bella. I agree that you have to wear a
>fragrance for about 24 hours before you can know if you love
>it. I love spending hours going from counter to counter
>sniffing the fragrances at the department stores between
>sniffs of coffee beans. I can spend hours at it. :D
>
>I am a bit suspicious of Romance. Chanel came out with Allure
>first, and it seems to me that Lauren followed quickly with
>Romance, which to my nose is identical. My nose isn't
>infallible though. What do you think? Do you think they're
>the same?

When looking at the 'notes' of the fragrances, Romance, surprisingly (at least to me) has quite a few levels of 'rose' in it. Allure ( which I love, you cannot honestly go wrong with any Chanel, they are true classics) seems more serious and is less floral. Chanel fragrances are the best constructed fragrances. They have more parfum, and less alcohol, hence they last longer on the skin. Alcohol dries and fades very quickly, (cheaper fragrances use more alcohol which is cheaper than using real flower oils).

How would you describe your personality Nancy324? What fragrances have you worn/loved in the past? Fragrance is really more about personlity, than liking a specific smell. Tell me a little about your lifestyle, and I could make some recommendations. Also, as some posters mentioned above, there are more 'summery' scents, and there are 'wintery' scents. I really don't go by that. I love a signature scent. Find a scent to wear all year round, and wear the Eau de Parfum in the winter, and use a lighter Eau de Toilette, or splash in the summer of it.

One other secret, once you find 'your' scent,layer. Use only the body wash, the body lotion and perfume of your scent. It will last all day. The French are known for doing this. But a gift set in it. Very affordable and you get all the products.

I wear Perry Ellis 360 in the summer and Sung by Alfred Sung in the winter. I got Burberry London this last Christmas and like it too.

Ryan,

Could you suggest a few fragrances for me? I love spicy, woodsy, floral scents. I have a active lifestyle-when I am healed especially!
I love sexy, girly fragrances, and on the other end, clean and fresh for day time. Thanks for your suggestions!:)

bella30, thanks, but I'm not sure I have any room left on my dresser top. ;-) What do you recommend for tneah?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.