Your Fashion Pet Peeves

People that don't wear underwear and tell you about it!-EWE!

Dirty bras with dangley, lose, worn out, straps, hanging out of clothes.

Pony tails on guys.

Dirty teeth! Especially yellow tartar build up. GO TO THE DENTIST!

Women who wear to much make up.- Tone er down people.

Low crotch pants guys wear.- Loved the "Pooped your pants" statement!

Eighties hair.- Sorry girls, permed big hair is OUT!

OMG! I've just descibed my neighbors! LOL!

My number one fashion pet peeve is when women wear stockings with opened toed sandal shoes. It just isn't right. :) It looks so silly!!!

Mullets are when someone's hair is short in the front and long in the back. "Business in the front, party in the back". Hockey players often sport mullets.

Camel toe is a frontal wedgie...

Dani!

It IS cute! I really like it! Have you seen the Healthy Back purses? I am considering one of them.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Dani!

OMG Dani that is my pet peeve too (open toed shoes and nylons.) You took the words right out of my mouth. Many women in my office sport this look. LOL

~ I also hate white chunky socks with black shoes
~ I hate when people pull there pants up to their chests. Saw one guy at a playground recently that had a pot belly, his pants pulled up to his waist and had a belt on too!!! He looked soooo funny.
~ do not care at all for the fanny packs that I see people at amusement parks wearing
~high water pants
~ the comb in the back pocket

I don't mind tattoos or piercings b/c I've got both. }(

Boy, am I breaking a lot of fashion rules! Oh well. I like the back pack purse too because it is so convenient. Sometimes my thong sticks out but not that I like it-I quick fix it. I like men in muscle shirts if they look nice. For once, us women have something to look at. I wish more men would wear them.

Joanne

I cannot think of too many at this point other than people who wear black socks to the gym with shorts. Looks ridiculous.
Thanks for the cameltoe definition..LOL! I never would have guessed that one!
I wear a stud earring in my left ear and saw earrings on men listed above. Ouch! I like mine and it's very subtle so I see nothing wrong with it.
Thongs and cleavage showing are okay to a point but hey, don't get pissy when guys look at you. You can't have it both ways...
Trevor :)

Wow ... I suddenly have the urge to go out and do all this stuff :)

I think I'd look great with low-rise capri's, white socks with high-heeled sandals, pierced nose/eyebrows/lip/tongue/belly-button, a hooker-style belly shirt with dirty bra strap, and then top it all off with a backward baseball cap over my mullet! Oh...can't forget the 4 lbs of jewelry either.

Actually, none of the things that other people wear bother me at all. I just simply wouldn't do the same or I wonder if they thought they looked good when they walked out the door. If *they* thought they looked good and they feel good -- then I say great! But it also makes me wonder -- on the days that I think I'm lookin' pretty fine -- if someone is wondering what I was thinking when I walked out the door :)

Shonie

I don't care if people pierce things, except that I get mesmerized by tongue piercings! There's a checker at my grocery store who has a pierced tongue, and I can't tell you anything she's ever said to me, because I get hypnotized by that piece of metal moving up, down, and around - I know it's rude, but I can't take my eyes off it.

Check out mullets galore!

There is a website dedicated to the mullet. It's www.mulletsgalore.com. Warning, there is some offensive language and pictures on certain parts of the site. Parts worth investigating are the mullet classifications and the mullet 'hunts' section, especially the one at the Quiet Riot concert!

OH! You brought me out of lurking with this one! I've never heard the mullet described as "business in the front, party in the back"! That one will defininitely be passed on to all my friends! Okay, so here are mine:

when men wear sweat socks with dress shoes, and the socks are all bunched up outside the shoe

anything with pleats

teddy bear or kitty printed shirts on grown ups (I don't even put this stuff on my 3 year old daughter)

suntanned pantyhose

tapered pants or jeans, and too tight jeans on men (if I can see your package, you need to give up those 32's!!!

The pierced all the way up the ear look

The skirt with socks and shoes look.....there's just no way to do this and look good!

I could go on, thanks for the LOL thread!

Jackie

Ok I have to defend some of these ridiculous things because I am guilty of them myself.

Sometimes I wear socks with sandals, like if I go to something like an amusement park or zoo on a hot day. I like the open part of the sandals to keep cool but the leather rubs my skin and I get a blister. I only do it with fisherman type sandals and it looks dorky but not as dorky as say thong sandals.

I always use a fanny pack on these days at Disney or whatever. That's because I've been known to put my purse down and forget it. I need my valuables attached to my body. I also have a backpack purse just to keep my hands free on a busy shopping day.

ok there's my defense, now the things I could never defend are:

Face peircing, especially tongue piercings. It's so distracting to talk to someone with a tongue piercing.

Like everyone else - low cut jeans with an exposed fat belly.

Shirts that are too tight and squeeze into all the rolls.

Ankle biter pants in general. Capris look cute on some people, but on most it looks like their pants are too short.

Another peeve that is indirectly fashion related - Too much perfume!

I have the ultimate Guy Disaster outfit: This was a real sighting he was married to a family member of mine.

lycra biker shorts with a white long sleeve dress shirt tucked into it!!!! He was bald on top with a mullet in the back.

EEeeeeeew!

Top it off with white socks and black shoes. Ickey-poo!

Ditto on the suntan colored nylons.

Danna

"lycra biker shorts with a white long sleeve dress shirt tucked into it!!!! He was bald on top with a mullet in the back" LOL:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.