You know Spring is near when...

gettingfitmom

Cathlete
...you're out weeding and you have dirt under your broken nails! Love this time of year!!!!!!!!!!
...your son gets his dirtbike out and there's still snow on the ground...

...when the ice on the lakes turns dark gray-almost black- and you start to see open water.

...when the biking/walking trails show more pavement than snow. :)

you start to see brown grass instead of white snow

start to see little shoots of green coming up from the dirt

I love this thread because I am desperate for any signs of Spring.

-you can't see much of the gorgoeus view of the river from the front porch anymore

-the heat pump isn't cycling every 10 dang minutes LOL

kassia

...you go to work when it's light outside and leave when it's light out!!!!!!! (can you tell I'm very excited about this??)

Ohhh, so true!! I can't wait to go from white and brown to some version of green! Often we get another few big bursts of snow here in CO... not the cool skiing areas, just simple little Monument. I may have to start an indoor flower gardent! My Victoria magazine reminds me every Spring of the glory of fresh flowers! Sigh!! Guess, I'll stick with my Yankee Candles for now!

Pam

You venture outside into the grass, not caring that it's super saturated, and suddenly notice all the piles of doggie doodoo that have been covered by feet of snow, now needing to be cleaned up.

But on a lighter note - you can SMELL it in the air! (Spring that is - uh, not the doggie doodoo :p)

. . . when I have to pick gravel in the grass from the snowblower

. . . my horse starts to shed his winter coat (which he isn't doing yet :()!

Lisa

....when I wear a nice pair of shoes instead of heavy snow boots. I am so ready for spring. I don't think spring is ever gonna come to Germany. It's snowing outside:confused:

When I look out my window and I can see the tops of my bulbs bursting through the grown and a bit of color from the tiny flowers.

.. you see the butter cups and tinkerbell flowers bloom what seems like overnight
.. the Japanese Magnolia's bloom and smell oh sooooo sweet!
.. you see the bass boats come back to town :p
.. and the dreaded first putting on of exercise shorts and you gasp at how white your legs got over this looooooooong winter :confused:

...you know its spring when you get out the St. Patrick's and Easter decorations

....you know its spring when Irish eyes are smilin'
:)

* We start getting excited for boating season
* It is daylight in the morning (though that will change a bit after tomorrow's "spring ahead"), and even better, no longer dark at 5pm
* When the temperature hits the 50's and you can't resist the urge to wear sandals (which I did yesterday!)

Michelle

When I start to care about getting pedicures again... and my feet can be free!! Totally hysterical and true about the dog poo thing. Gross, but true.

So, Horsing Around, I have an equine question for you. My son pondered this and I'm stumped. As we drive or walk by certain farms, only some of the horses have on their winter blankets. He wondered how the farmers choose which horses get/need them. I said, I guess the horses just ask... hahaha! :rolleyes:

When I start to care about getting pedicures again... and my feet can be free!! Totally hysterical and true about the dog poo thing. Gross, but true.

So, Horsing Around, I have an equine question for you. My son pondered this and I'm stumped. As we drive or walk by certain farms, only some of the horses have on their winter blankets. He wondered how the farmers choose which horses get/need them. I said, I guess the horses just ask... hahaha! :rolleyes:

My girls put blankets on their horses because they don't want them to get cold. A friend of ours is in the horse selling business and he put balnkets on to keep their coats "thin" so they look nicer to show to people.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.