yoga DVD suggestions

I third that suggestion. Its an amazing set! I also love Shiva Rea. Her DVDs are great because she has 20 minute practices that you can sting together if you want a longer practice or do just the 20 minutes if you want to add yoga onto another workout.

I have Ultimate Yogi and really like it. I also really like Jeanette Jenkins' Power Yoga. Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior also fits the bill.

I'm another fan of Travis Elliot-I'm on his 108 day programme- about 10 weeks in. The change in my body (and mind!!) has been astounding. It's not easy, but 'doable'. It has improved all my other excercise routines no end.
I've also tried Eoin Finn. I'm going to do more of his when I've finished UY 108. I think his Blissology is good.
I got my Ultimate Yogi at Deep Discount dvds - it was a bargain.
Best of luck!
Justine

I'm another fan of Travis Elliot-I'm on his 108 day programme- about 10 weeks in. The change in my body (and mind!!) has been astounding. It's not easy, but 'doable'. It has improved all my other excercise routines no end.
I've also tried Eoin Finn. I'm going to do more of his when I've finished UY 108. I think his Blissology is good.
I got my Ultimate Yogi at Deep Discount dvds - it was a bargain.
Best of luck!
Justine

Are you doing just yoga or are you doing other workouts too? What changes in your body have you seen? I've been debating doing the 108 days but haven't taken the plunge yet.

Hi Kariev - I'm doing STS 6.5 month rotation, with 3 days cardio, and yoga every evening. I'm of an age where I need to really stretch to keep flexible!!! (I'm 44). Whilst STS is bulking my muscles, the yoga seems to lengthen them - I really like the long, lean shape it seems to give me. I've developed great core strength, without too much of a 6 pack, and I can do Chatarunga push ups, no problem! Also when I'm lifting, say for a plie squat, I can go much deeper into the move.
The major difference, however, is in my hips. I hadn't realised how much tension I carried there. Once that started easing I found cardio much easier (weird, I know). It's almost as though I've oiled my body to keep it running smoothly!!!
HTH
Justine

I have checked out all of the yoga instructors that have been suggested in this form. Wow! They look great. I have only used Cathe's Yoga Disc.
It is hard for me to buy anybody but Cathe. Shiva Rea looked very interesting to me. Think I am going to invest in her dvd.

Does anyone have a suggestions for "beginners"? I would like to get my hubby involved in yoga with me. I am talking "not" flexible at all. Yikes! Don't want to scare him off. LOL! Other than Yoga he workouts with me, Cathe and the crew. Everyweek. I Love it!

Looking forward to some suggestions.

"Wish Cathe would come out with a series of yoga."

Thanks, Sherry

Does anyone have a suggestions for "beginners"? I would like to get my hubby involved in yoga with me. I am talking "not" flexible at all. Yikes! Don't want to scare him off. LOL! Other than Yoga he workouts with me, Cathe and the crew. Everyweek. I Love it!

Try Yoga Zone. They were on Fit Tv before Oprah canned the channel:mad:. They are no longer in business but there are several listings on E-Bay and Amazon. Youtube has video clips. Some are full length.

Hi everyone -
I agree that Yoga Zone has some great beginner workouts .
Of the others mentioned , I've only done Eoin Finn's , " Power Yoga for Happiness ". The section , Magically Hips , had become mandatory for me at this point . I couldn't agree more with Justine - the more I weight train and do challenging workouts like Tabatacise , the more I need the yoga . In fact , it may sound a little crazy , but I've been adding yoga after workouts like Tabatacise , and To the Max etc. because I'm never more warmed up and in need of a good stretch in my hip flexers and back . I'm 53 , and it's shocking how quickly I loose flexibility if I don't focus on it .

Thanks Melagras & Kate A.

I am on it....Yoga Zone. My Hubby is in for a big suprise. Thanks.

I could not agree more, Kate A. after Taba's, Hiit, To the Max & Crossfire..Yoga feels great. I'm going to be hitting the big 50 in May and flexability makes a huge difference know and in the future.

Keep your fingers crossed that my hubby can gain some flexability. I'm sure there is going to be some complaining but he is wanting to try.

This is going to be a challenge. LOL!!

Thanks, Sherry

Justine -
Really ? I love it ! I know you must feel great too .
Sherry -
I just think it's so cool that your hubby has an open mind about it and wants to work out with you . Best of luck !

On the UY108 web site, there is a box set which includes a Foundational (beginner) DVD and the Short & Sweet DVD. I love the Short & Sweet one. There are 3, 30 minute Travis workouts & one bonus. I think the Foundational one also has 3 workouts...loaned that one out.

I often add on one of these at the end of a workout as well.

I saw that Bob Harper has a new Yoga workout that goes with the Skinny Rules series. Also, Jillian Michaels has one titled Inferno. I wonder if she has a softer tone than she did in Yoga Meltdown. If anyone has tried either one, I'd love to hear your feedback!

Lisa

I don't care for Jillian's yoga discs. Not my style.

I prefer Shiva. There is a good beginner's disc from her.
Also, I do like Desi Bartlett's Yoga for Beginner's which you can find on Collage.
It comes with two workouts, one Solar and one Lunar. I like to pair the solar one with a run.

A great beginner dvd is Eoin Finn's "Pure & Simple Yoga", which I think he has recently renamed "Yoga for Stiffies." It's a 40min routine with basic poses, and two versions of the routine - easy and intermediate. The best feature is the bonus material where there are 3min videos of Eoin explaining every posture and how it should feel. It's Yoga 101.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.