Yay for Low Impact Step!

Venus

Cathlete
I got my DVD today and previewed it and it looks great, I can't wait to do it! I also like the lower body cardio blast premix. Great stuff! :) Due to various injuries I can't do regular step with high impact more than once or twice a week so this will give me a nice option for a 3rd day!

I did Low Impact Step today, and I think Cathe got it just right. I added jumps to all the moves to increase the intensity, and I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to using the step workout and the lower body cardio blast as add-ons to heavy weight days.

Where I see Cathe's brilliance, too, is that Low Impact Step is a fabulous way to introduce her interval workouts to beginner/intermediate exercisers. When they go for an Imax workout later, it won't be a completely new concept. It'll be challenging, for sure, but not completely unfamiliar, and that will be a great help. There will be a much better chance that first time Imax-ers will hang in there and believe they can do it.

Bravo to Cathe. :)

I just finished previewed all 3 workouts. THEY ALL LOOK GREAT!!! Cathe, you did a great job with these. The picture is clear and the sound is good. The stretches look very nice. The first and second stretch workouts hold the stretches for about 8-count. The third one, which is on the stability ball like the second one, holds them longer and seems to get into the stretches deeper. The first one is 13 mins., the second one 12 and the third one is about 11 mins. These are great lengths when you want a little more than what Cathe usu. gives at the end of a workout, but you don't have as much time for a 20 min stretch, ala Stretch Max. I can't wait to try them.

The Low Impact Step is a solid intermediate workout. It seemed like a mini Low Max. It has 2 step combos and each combo has a blast, similar to Low Max's. The workout about is about 40 mins. long. Cathe's personality is really great. She's not as talky or jokey as she is with her regular advanced crowd, but still encourages the beg/int in a warm way. I really liked it.

The sculpting workout has great room for growth. I like all of the exercises and you can go heavier with all of the weights. The premix on the DVD are also very good.

These are real winners. I have an intense 3 month workout planned and I plan to incorporate these videos into my recovery weeks.

Thanks Cathe for another great series that rounds out my fitness perfectly!!!

Cathy:7

I got to actually do the Low Impact Step routine this morning and I really enjoyed it. I agree with the above poster that it's just like a shorter Low Max, maybe slightly less dancy as well, more straight forward. My HR got up just fine and like the other poster I added the harder moves in where there was the option. I can't wait to try the rest. :)

I did Low Impact Step premix leg conditioning. Excellent work out. I did this after my 3 mile run and the legs were fried. Nice sampling of Low Max.:)
Good job Cathe

I did Low Impact Step last night and LOVED it. I was a sweaty mess. I think it's perfect for me as I'm so limited on workout time anymore. You can definitely modify it to make it harder. Great Job, Cathe! :7

I did this workout yesterday and I loved it also. Cathe's cueing was perfect for this workout. I found myself not even looking at the t.v. for most of the workout. I would definitely buy more Cathe workouts at the intermediate level.

I did LIS this morning - it's lots of fun, not quite as basic as Basic Step, and a lot like a Mini-LowMax. I'll call it "Son of LowMax"!

Great job Cathe!

I agree with everyone. Cathe got it just right. I also added some jumps to increase the intensity and felt that I got a good workout in a short amount of time. I think that it makes me feel better about myself to ADD intensity to a workout rather than having to modify DOWN at times. Maybe that's silly, but it's how I feel.

I hope there will be more to come of both the stength and cardio workouts of this type. I'm looking forward to doing the strength workout tomorrow and doing some of the premixes over the long weekend. Way to go Cathe!!!!
:)

Nancy

Hi All! I'm so glad you are enjoying the workouts. So far it seems that everyone who has tried them is picking up on the exact message I was hoping to deliver: creating a less intense version of a workout style that you are already familiar with. It was designed to be the next step to take after you have mastered the Basic Step/Body Fusion DVD. It also can be used by advanced exercisers for a light day workout (we sure all have those days ;-)

Although they are both labeled beginner to intermediate workouts, the Basic Step/Body Fusion DVD is more basic than intermediate, and the Low Impact Step DVD is more intermediate than basic. This allows for a more gradual stepping stone into the advanced DVD's.

Upon starting beginner workouts a couple of years ago, it was always my intention to make a beginner series for the person who is "new to Cathe" vs new to working out from scratch. So when somebody watches one of my advanced workouts on TV or tries my advanced workout that a friend loaned them and says "this workout looks like fun but I have never done one of your workouts before. Do you have a less intense workout that would help me be able to work up to your advanced workouts?", I would now be able to recommend workouts for them to try.

Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend!

Cathe,
I loved the workout! I am and advenced inermediate level exerciser and have recently moved from the FIRM to your workouts and have noticed an incredible improvement. I can't wait for my friends to try this Low Impact workout. Anyone can do it from beginner to advanced, and it's perfect for days where I am a little short on time. (Which, unfortunately, is usually 2 of my 5 or 6 workout days). You have done a wonderful job!!!:) :) :)

I totally agree. This workout came at the perfect time. I did LIS today and being 36 weeks pregnant it was perfect. I haven't been able to do much higher impact because they're just too uncomfortable right now. This workout wasn't uncomfortable on my belly at all but still got my heart rate up. I can't wait to try the rest of the workouts.

Oh, I love the music- THANKS CATHE FOR ANOTHER FANTASTIC WORKOUT!:):):)

I just did the step and sculpt premix and loved it. It went by very quickly, hit all the right spots and I am delighted with these routines. Thanks!

I did the Low Impact Step this morning and I LOVED it!
Thanks Cathe for another great workout. Looking forward to trying the premixes!
Thanks,
Colleen

I did Low Impact yesterday....it was SO MUCH FUN! Keep those low impact step routines coming. They are great for the 50 bunch with bad knees!

I did LIS for the first time yesterday and I have to say I'm with everyone else on this. I LOVED it! I'm definitely in the intermediate category but I've been tackling the advanced workouts (albeit with some modifications and quite a few breathers) and pushing myself to the limit. I thought this new workout would be much less intense but I was wrong, Wrong, WRONG! I was fried at the end of it. I can definitely see where it would be easy to grow with this workout, adding intensity, height, etc. I'm really looking forward to the sculpt portion, as well as the premixes. This will definitely become a part of my regular program.

I love the challenge of the more advanced workouts but for us less-than-advanced exercisers, it's nice goose to the ego to be able to work through something targeted just to us. I hope there are more to come. Thanks Cathe!

I agree Sparky. I've done this workout twice now and I really like it. I'm also intermediate who had to take breaks during the advanced workouts. I think we need the advanced workouts to push us, but it is great to have a workout that I don't need a break and still feel like I'm working hard. I add a lot of lifts where possible, but by the time we get to the end of the second half my lifting start to decrease. lol

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8227804&uid=3969941

I just did the low impact step. I wish i would have had it 1st. The moves are much slower and more explained.
I am still healing planters wart surgery and haven't been able to step.
This one was doable with minor pain.
Great for beginners and i can up it a little.( jumps)
Probably up to an 8 in platform.
Maybe then i can do imax 3.
HAHAHAH!!!
Without dying
;)

Great job I like it.
Anne

I really enjoyed Low Impact Step last night. The choreography was more complex than I expected, but explained well enough for a beginner to grow into. I would describe myself as intermediate when it comes to step choreography - with this tape, I had to concentrate to get it right first time but didn't have to stop or rewind at all. I didn't think I would use this one very often, but I think I actually will, so I'm very pleased.

After step I did the first stretch workout which was also very good. I thought some of the stretches at the beginning could have been held longer but the stretches seemed to get longer as the workout progressed.

I previewed the sculpting workout and am looking forward to it tonight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.