XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

thank you renee, eva and melissa. i am still shaken up and i think that nygel is, too. hoping we sleep okay tonight-- i keep having visions of the accident in my head:(. i am very, very grateful and today i did learn that there are still so many good people in the world-- those three men were like angels to both my son and me. thanks for thinking of us and for your kind words-- they really help! going to pick the car up from the garage in a bit-- not good but, as those men said who helped out today, cars can be fixed or replaced, but life cannot. i just am thanking god especially that nothing happened to my little guy. i can't even imagine. ugh. anyway, thanks again gals and hope you all have relaxing nights.

love and peace,

katie

Katied....omg you must be really shaken, thank goodness you're both ok. There are kind people in this world....I'm so glad that you met three of them today. I'm saying a little prayer for you tonight that you do not experience any residual effects of the impact. Take care.

Vicky

thanks again everyone, and thank you vicky, for your kind words and support. didn't sleep much last night and am not looking forward to driving around today (it's snowing again:(), but am starting to feel more like myself again. got up and did hard strikes, which really helped-- it was good that one was planned for today. i added core 1 and bicep and tricep challenges. got rid of some of the stress. on another sad note, though, our oldest dog, henri, is not doing well. he is close to 15 and i feel like he is shutting down. sigh. i don't think he is in any pain, but he is moving really slow and not eating like he used to. this has turned out to be a tough week.

hope you all are having a good day! see, renee, who is the downer on here now?;) sorry to dump more junk, but it is coming heavy right now. it will get better, though, and there is so much to be grateful for.

i am out late with the kids tonight at rehearsals and such, but hope to see what you all are up to soon.:)

Katie...I hope it's just a temporary slump for Henry. To have a dog for 15 years is like a lifetime and yet not long enough. They are members of the family. I'm glad to hear that you got your workout in today and that you don't have any residual pain from the accident. I hope your son is well too. And I seriously hope your week gets better :)

Confession....I've been seriously slacking this week. My double workout Tuesday didn't happen. But yesterday, I did Combat 45 Kata (LOVE THIS!) and Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders. It feels amazing to be lifting really heavy (for me) again. But...today I slacked off again. There are things I needed to do before this wall of snow hits us tomorrow. I live in Massachusetts and we are expecting 2 ft. snow. So I gassed up the truck, filled my tires, bought batteries, a shovel for my truck and food items with an expiration date (which I never buy) and never got my workout in because I need to be at work for 3pm. Tomorrow I have Bi's & Tri's and Tabatacize. I think I will only plan on doing 1-2 ...I know I will have another workout...Power Shoveling ...later that night after work and Saturday morning as well, so I've taking this week as a sort of recovery week. Katie congrats at doing all 5 Tabatas! Your fitness abilities are impressive :)

Talk to ya soon,
Vicky

Katie so sorry about your dig! Omg if anything were to happen to mine i know it would koll me! Is it the bkack one big little eyes? Awh he is sweet. Poor thing!

So u did hardstrikes n the chall for bis n tris? Nice going!. Im glad u r still pushing through regardless. That is motivating!
Aboit being afraid to drive again, its good you have to drive again tonight ...i know u think i im nuts but it is true . The sooner you get back at it the sooner youll get over it. My neice and my mom both had a small accident and was afraid to drive well the longer it took to get them to drive again the worse the fear got. Mom rarly drove after that. She had panick attacks if she tried. And niece took her over a yr! So the fear is real, but glad u arnt letting it mess u up!

Vickie i hope u can get back on track soon with ur wo... It sounds like u have been pretty busy anyhow. But hope u can catch up!

Eva , melissa hello
I know theres more but i cant spell the username! Lol hi to u guys as well! I hope u guys didnt get.... derailed! Lol u get it? Derailded? *rolleyes* lol i think it was funny.. :)

Hi Renee,
Shocker, I am not sidetracked yet. I actually dusted of my wireless headphones to workout before the kids got up, did burn sets bis and tris. I am going to wait until next week to start any challenges to see how I feel after all of the workouts.

For those of you who do the challenges, do you get the disc out or just do it from memory. For some reason, the challenges I think I would do are on discs different from the main workout I would do for that day.

Katie, I am so glad you don't have any pain today. And, I am so sorry about your dog. I hope you are ok!

Vicky, Good luck with the snow storm. I live near Pittsburgh and when we get 2 inches, people act like it is armagedon. Thay do not know how to take care of the roads here. It doesn't help that it is realy hilly. We live in a rural area and I am a flashlight/ battery nut because our power goes out at the drop of a hat.

Melissa

Greetings, All,

Katied, I'm sorry to hear that your pooch is not doing well this week. I'm guessing that behavior you have seen from him the last day or two is not his usual way of being? Maybe he's just feeling a little pokey and he'll turn it around. I've never lived with a dog, and I know that 15 is a pretty good age for them, but I would imagine they can have good days and not so good days when they get older just like people do. I hope he's just around the corner from having a better day tomorrow. Sorry you did not get any sleep last night, either. :( I hope you can take it easy this weekend? Sounds like you could use atleast one uneventful day to just chillax a little bit. I'm sure that's hard with three kids, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I also try to keep working out when I've got stuff going on. It's nice to have a stress-reliever on the horizon when you have a lot of stress, and endorphins are wonderful little mood enhancers.

Today I did Tracy Anderson Mat and Horizontal Conditioning Vol. 1. I left work a little early today, I had just had enough for the day, so I had more time to workout. Both have more toning than cardio per se, but HC can definitely get your heart rate up. I worked out for 90 minutes and burned about 600 calories. I better be sore tomorrow.

I did Les Mills Combat 60 minute session yesterday. I guess Vicky and I and Renee have this set. I like those workouts a lot. I'm expecting my Ultimate Yogi workouts today. I have never done a yoga workout really. I've heard of Bryan Kest, Katied, but I had not seen him until you sent your clip. I don't know how this is going to work for me, but I'm going to give this a try and see what happens. I am really looking to lean out, and these heavy lifting rotations are not doing that for me. I'm afraid I'm not going to burn enough calories, but everyone I see doing yoga a lot is pretty lean so it must be doing something.

Stay safe in the snow, Vicky. I heard about that storm on the news today.

Melissa, congrats on getting your workout in today! When I do the burn sets, if they're not on the disc I have scheduled for the day, I just swap out the discs. I like doing them along with the crew. This is true for me and the 100 rep challenges too, even if I am doing them at a different pace.

Eva u do have some great workouts! TA and combat! Tomorrow im gonna do some combat, i hope i can get the moves right. It will be a short day and i dont work on fri so im gonna add combat or a step dvd not sure.

Katie hope u r doing good. U did great to get the workouts in!

Melissa nice going on bis n tris!
Vickie how are u doing?
I did tabata today i planned on,adding steady state cardio after the tabatas but no.. I had enough lol i have a hard time with tabatas! Lol i can barly get through twp bit i feel good after!

Katied, I just go on here to quickly check, and I saw your scary news. I am glad you and your son are o.k. That must have been really scary! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

hi gals.

supercuts is on for today. looking forward to it as i haven't done that one since i first got the discs. so, i felt super anxious-- almost like vomiting, really-- driving yesterday but made it everywhere safe. my son also said that he wished he didn't have to ride in the car anymore:(. i think we will both get better gradually. i am so grateful that the sun is shining today so no snow on our way to lessons at least. henri, our dog, is still about the same as yesterday. he is eating some, but just sticking to his bed and is super quiet. i think this winter has just been too much for the little guy. anyway, my daughter has a recital tonight so i am looking forward to that and staying positive for a good weekend (and rik gets to drive tonight!);)

vicky-- stay safe in all that snow! yikes! we are supposed to get another storm on sunday, too. it is great that you are lifting heavy-- even if you have had to miss a workout or two. i have been good with the workouts, but last night had a pizza luce vegan mock muffeleta and a big vegan brownie:eek:. after this week, i figured i deserved it;). take care in the storm.

renee-- thanks for sharing the story about your mom and niece. i am feeling super anxious still, but i know i will get better eventually. a friend drove past where we spun out/crashed the other day, and said it was super scary looking. i know i will be avoiding that spot in the future. and it is my little fluffy brownish dog:(. i just wish he would start acting like himself again. may take him in this weekend, but know that he is getting really old. hope you had fun with the combat:). i will have to check those out. those tabatas are intense, aren't they? i think the reason i can get through them is because i did the crossfire/to the max rotation before this-- talk about a major buttkicking to me:p

melissa-- way to go on the workouts! i also change the discs and play them for the challenges-- i like to have someone sweating with me, too.

eva-- i am hoping he is just having a bad spell, too, but it sure is awful. this weekend is a busy one, but at least it keeps me going. your workout schedule sounds great! yeah, yogis can have some nice looking, lean bodies, that is for sure;). you'll have to let me know how you like the yoga you have, and if you check out bryan.

jaypea and everyone-- thanks again for the kind words and support! you all are wonderful!

Happy Friday,
I just finished legs (minus floor). It was harder for me today than last week. I did up the weights on the standing portion. Also, when I do the barre, I am usually short a few reps. Lastly, when we are on the ball and our butts are suppose to be in the air, mine is only about 2 inches off the ground.

I like the rear delt workout, ecxept the fact that the exercises are done one arm at a time. It seems like torture to me to do everything 6 times. Nothing like a littel bit of complaining.

Katie, I am now dreading supercuts when the time comes. Should I have a bucket ready?

Has anyone done any of the premixes on all out low impact? I woner if I will be tired of this disc since it is used so many times the same way.

Hope you all have a good Friday!

Greetings,
Katied, I agree, you deserved some pizza and a brownie. Years ago my ex hubby and I got into an accident due to a patch of black ice. I'll spare you all the details, but we almost went off an embankment, so we were really shaken up. We could drive our car home, so after we were done with the officers and could head back home, our first stop was the grocery store where we got a box of chocolates and a bottle of champagne. Who cared that it was 10 in the morning! We figured we had something to celebrate. ;)
Enjoy your very talented children this weekend and be kind to yourself as you get back in your groove. I'm sending Henri some healing vibes.

I did my first Ultimate Yogi disc today and it was so wonderful. I feel great.

I'm not sure if I should keep checking in on this thread because I'm about to go off the reservation for a while. Maybe I'll just pipe in if I add in an Xtrain workout, which I am sure I will here and there.

Melissa, I have done the All Out Low Impact Extreme premix and I liked it. It repeats the first section. It was a good calorie scorcher. The second time I did Extreme, I did it manually and decided to repeat the second section with the step. I did *not* repeat the third section, but that would definitely be a toughie, and worth a try.

Eva,
Ill miss hearing u on here! I hope u peek in

That was a good idea to have chocolate! Lol i def would have as well.
So was UY hard? Can u describe what its actualy like? I have the foundations and i like them cause i do it like today after bi n tris because its short and it helps me relax.

Mellissa
Hi i have to modify alot. When im doing ball rolls i FEEL like my hips are up high but when i see in mirror it isnt lol. And im ok with that for now because before i couldnt even do one lol. Also i do double leg not single i tried but it is so hard. I figure it helps me to not get tired of it if i have a goal. Also on aolih . I only use one riser and i dont need two. Im so fine with thst i want to grow with the dvd and i tell ya i have lots of growth.

Today is bi n tris burn sets and ill do yoga i may do combat kickstart not sure yet.
Good day all!

Renee,
I am so glad to hear you say this about your leg routine. I am writing down how many less of each rep I do an hope I improve. I hope I can get thru all out low impact tomorrow with my jello legs. Also, being that tomorrow is Saturday, I have to motivate myself to workout.
Melissa

Bis n tris done! I tried les mils combat kickstart im not counting that as calorie burn cause i basicaly dont know the moves to good to get a sweat going.. In time i supose.

Thats a good idea to write down the reps mellissa. I have to stop a couple times lol. Butwe will get there! Thats what it is about anyhow , improving and man i hope i improve! We wil see. Tomorrow is kickstart.

hi everyone! home from a great concert and just about ready for bed. henri is still looking sad and quiet:( may be headed to vet tomorrow before our big storm hits on saturday night. i am so, so ready for spring!

melissa-- supercuts is great! no, it was the driving that i needed a bucket for;) that felt some better today, though. i even ended up having to pass the accident site on my way home from picking up my oldest. i think i will keep getting better everyday, though i do have to say i am driving super cautiously and slow now.

eva-- your accident sounds super scary! what a great idea you guys had! i hope that you stick around on here, even if you aren't xtraining, as i like reading your posts and hearing what's going on with you:)

renee-- great job on the workouts! i am sure you will have your new ones down in no time!

happy saturday! where is everybody? hope you are enjoying your weekends.

rest day for me today, which is a good thing. i am *so sore* today! don't know what that is about? did supercuts yesterday plus core 2 and 100 reps of lateral raises and scarecrows. today my butt, hamstrings and shoulders feel fried-- and supercuts is pretty light weights (except for the tubing exercises which are killer to me!:eek:) oh well. i will take DOMS when i get it! anyway, legs are on tap for tomorrow which i always dread, but i am seeing results there so i will take it.

we are going to a puppet show tonight at a local theater-- the heart of the beast-- and the kids are playing music beforehand. i am hoping that our bad weather waits to get here until after we get back home again.

vicky-- hope you are safe! and that you have power! saw the news on my phone and it looks pretty scary out east!

be well everybody,

katie

Greetings,
I did day 2 of Ultimate Yogi a few minutes ago and it was good. This is the cardio workout. I did manage to get my heart rate into my training zone so I was happy, it was a cardio workout as far as yoga is concerned. There is a nice ab add-on to this series which I did today and it was tough. A lot of held poses like boat pose, which is always really hard on my back so we'll see how those go. That had about 300 crunches total and took 15 minutes, so it was a pretty thorough ab workout. Tomorrow I may do tabatacise or supercuts and yoga. I'm already starting to freak out about not burning enough calories. :(

Katied, I'm glad you guys had a good time at the concert last night, and how cool they have a performance tonight pre-puppet show. Both of those sound like a lot of fun.:D I hope you don't have to drive to either one of those. I'm sorry Henri is still not very perky. Maybe if you take him to the vet you'll at least have more peace of mind because you'll know what's going on with him. It's always a super bummer when animals are unwell because it's also a mystery, unless there are obvious circumstances around their behavior.

Renee, good work on bis and tris and Les Mills. I think you'll like those once you get the hang of them. Do you like the music in the ones you've seen so far?

Ok, I'm off to get my day started, I have a ton to do today.

Stay safe and warm to all of you folks in wintry places. It's cold and windy here in Virginia today, but no snow. I wouldn't mind being snowed in, but I *do* hate shoveling.

Take care,
Eva

Happy Saturday Everyone,
Just finished all out low impact and added burn sets chest.

Katie, the puppet show sounds like fun! sorry if you posted this before, what instruments do your kids play? I hate to bring it up, but maybe you are sore from the car accident.

Eva, I have tried yoga (only on dvd) and don't seem to get it I guess. Also, some of the moves are hard for me because my right shoulder is bad. Maybe if I went to an actual class I would see what I am doing wrong.

Renee, Do you get doms from bis and tris? I haven't, however, I really feel my triceps from the armpit down! At least they feel like I have great looking muscles!

Melissa

Today is HS i have family in from Georgia my DIL and oldest step son. so kinda hanging with them before i get my workout in but i will get it in. Its only 34 minutes so ill probly do it when tbey are busy doing skmeyhing lol.

Mellissa it was burn sets bis n tris and yes i got DOMS but not bad.... The first time i did it i had it bad then nothing the second and third time so i upped my weights yesterday and i do have soreness but not too bad. I am glad to get some soreness.

Eva yes i love the music on there, but when i use the dvds i have to do it with the music low option to hear instruction and then u cant hear the music but i then did it with music loud option, i loved that the music was great! And pimps up up however i couldnt hear them! So i was kinda lost so what im going to have do unfortunately is try to do the workout with just the music low till i learn it. Im glad im doing xtrain too because cambat isnt making me sweat yet because i dont know the moves but i can see once i learn it i should be able to sweat!

Katie hope u are doing great i hope u enjoy your rest day.
Hi Vickie !

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.