XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

I finished legs 80 min man i really have alot of work to do. Lol i had to stop alot during barre work and floor wkrk. And with the ball roll ins i just did both feet on the ball at the same time. I think i will have to work ,up to this dvd but at least its possible. I dont know if i you can call it doing the whole thing but i didnt stop just modified and had to stop a few reps short. Im sure ill feel it tomorrow.
Nice job everyone!

Eva,

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind my joining...this is exactly what I was looking for! I am starting the 90 day undulating program tomorrow. I took the 1 rep max test today and loaded it all in the workout manager and will take my stats tomorrow.

I am really looking forward to this program and am hoping to have and give lots of support and accountability to ensure that I get in all of the workouts and eat clean for the best possible results. I did try out the first workout Chest, Shoulders & Tris and previewed several and love the moves and music.

Vicky

Last edited:
Hello Vicky! Im so excited to be apart of such active thread! Also this is my first time getting in and sticking to a rotation as well. So hello and cant wait to hear how u like xtrain as well

Count me in! I am in Week 2, Day 2 of the 90 Day Undulating rotation. I am sticking to it, and I am so motivated to do these workouts! After having my 3rd child, a year and a half ago, I just let myself go. I had PPD that I got treated for, I went back to teaching full-time, and I just didn't have the time to exercise, or at least that's what I kept telling myself. So, I let my eating go as well:(. I have about 15 pounds that I need to get off of my 5'1" frame! I've been a member or WW online as well, but had no motivation to follow that either. So, that is why I am super excited for this new program!!!! I LOVE Cathe (have for years), and I get easily bored with workouts (that's why I enjoy and look forward to these boredom buster workouts). I've been tracking all of my food on WW online for the past week, and now I know I can do this. I'm in it for the long haul. So, yes, count me in. I need the support and motivation!
-Jen

Im 5 2 but i need to lose 30 but im gonna shoot for loss of 20 and see if it looks ok or i feel better. I gained 40 pounds in the last5 or 6 years ........in 1992 AFTEr i had kids i started exerciseing cut out fat a.d greassy foods and i lost 70 pounds. Kept it off but gained 40 back recently, but i feel im eating healthy and for the last yr still havnt lpst. So this time im trying to really pay attention and stick to a rotation. I hear rotations work so im about to find out. Today on calendar is low impact HIIT tabata.
I havnt tried it. Has anyone here tried this yet? How did u like it? Bbl to tell you what i thought!

I'm starting tomorrow 7th, hopefully will be able to stick with the rotation as well. I like to run on Saturdays so I will need to change that schedule. I'm not good in checking in but Im always here reading comments, lol.
I don't have much weight to loose but my goal is muscle toning.

Raciela

I just finished Chest,Back and Shoulders. I ♥ this workout. It is my kind of workout!!

Jann-- it looks like we both started today? I did chest, back and shoulders today plus added in all out low impact hiit, core #1 and the 100 rep lateral raise challenge. I am betting I will be sore tomorrow!:eek: My hip flexors are still aching today from the legs I did on friday-- hopefully they are loosened up some now.
Renee-- i love the low impact hiit! it's not as intense as crossfire or to the max, but i still get a good sweat in and i appreciate that it's low impact as my tendonitis seems to take it fine.

i have cardio legs set for tomorrow:). looking forward to hearing from everyone how their rotations/workouts are going!

not looking forward to back to school for my kids and work for me tomorrow, though! back to my 4:45 wake up times. blech.

Greetings, Everyone,

I am just checking in to say hi. Today is my rest day and I am taking full advantage of it. I had toyed with the idea of doing some yoga today, but I had/have a bunch of other things queued up that I need to take care of it so I don't think I'm going to get around to it. When I have a rest day, I also try to eat super clean that day and stick to my calories pretty strictly, so I'm not that worried about not getting any extra exercise in today.

I start week 2 tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it.

I am feeling pretty good today, although last night was the longest night of my life. Every time I rolled over in bed, I could feel my pecs screaming. I was so sore! I'm a little stiff today, but it's definitely getting better. I was hoping for more lower body DOMS today based on the leg workout yesterday, but I don't really have any. I guess I should be happy about that, but I'm actually a little disappointed. My inner thighs are a little tender, because they definitely got worked, but not so much on the quads and glutes, which are the parts I'm really trying to slim down. I am going to have to put in a little more effort the next time I do that workout, since I cheated a little bit. That's what I get for being a weenie.

Welcome to all who have joined in this weekend! Katied, it looks like you went crazy today. You've got to be feeling that tomorrow! The pec soreness I had was from the 100 Rep challenge for Chest. If anyone works to work those muscles to death, I highly recommend that session. I did not have that kind of soreness after the regular disc.

Fit44 - I was your cartoon last night, that's for sure!

Raciela, I would guess you could swap your workouts around so that your running day made up for one of the cardio days? That's such a leg intensive workout too, it could probably be subbed for that. I'd be curious to hear how you plan to incorporate that in to the rotation.

Jen, good luck with the WW + XTrain. I did WW online a few years ago and found it was helpful to me. I was eating pretty clean, and for me it was better to move over to MyFitnessPal so that I could track calories over points, but the discipline of logging was developed using WW and it has served me well. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Eileen, if you're looking for a good way to track your food and you don't have a resource already, I strongly encourage you to check out MyFitnessPal. There are a lot of Cathe fans who use it, including me and I think Renee does too, and I love it. It's easy to use and has an app to go on your phone so you can log anywhere. The database is expansive and it is a great app. And it's FREE!

Renee, how did you like the Low Impact HiiT? That one really worked my legs hard...more than I thought. My heart rate was not insane, but it was good for the workout, and I liked the variety on that one. I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Vicky, I hope you loved the workout today! :)

Jann, I hope you're sore tomorrow (I mean that in the best way!) ;)

bchgrl40, did you get signed up for new transformation program and get started yesterday? Did the leg workout meet your expectations for dread factor, or was it less horrible than you'd initially suspected?:(

Terina, welcome. I love your signature!

Katied, I liked Cardio Legs. It is a lot like STS Plyo Legs, but maybe a little less difficult. The weighted exercises are not as brutal. :D

For those of you whom mentioned you've never stuck to a rotation, I can relate. That was me for years, and then one day I followed one and I was hooked! I think this is my fourth one, the most recent being STS, which was also a long one. I really like having not to think about what workouts to do every day, and I have absolutely found that I get better results working the rotations than randomly choosing my workouts. I'm convinced that putting them together is a science, not just a random mix and match exercise, like when I workout on my own. Based on my previous experiences and results, it is so worth it to do the rotation. It's like magic, really!

Ok, back to my chores. I'm supposed to be studying and making bread, but it's nice to check in to get a little study break.

Enjoy the rest of your day!!

Eva

PS. I was thinking about starting a new thread every week, but there really is no point. We're all doing the rotation, but since we are all at different stages, it probably makes the most sense to keep using this thread.

I'm in!

I hope no one minds if I join in. I stated this rotation on January 1 so I did day 6 of week one today which was Legs, Premix 3 which I loved, loved, loved. I did not think that I would make it thru the entire 81 minutes as I usuallly try to keep my workouts under an hour for time constrains. I had to stop after the standing portion to start dinner but then I came back for the rest of the workout!
The only change that I made in this weeks schedule was to put the rest day on Friday so I have day 7, week 1 tomorrow. I usually work out 5 days per week but I am going to try to get all days in if possible.

Ok everyone. I officially start the rotation tomorrow as well as sign up for ,y workplace challenge. We will be taking pics and measurements tomorrow as well. Not looking forward to that. I'm guessing I'm 25-30% body fat and need to get to 16-18 in 12 weeks. I'm also going to add some cardio to the rotation so that I get 6 days per week. It may only be 15-20 mins but I want to do something. Is anyone else thinking of doing that?

Cindy

Nap Seymore Cindy Lisa
Hi
Hello everyone! I am so excited still about the workouts that my son came over and i showed him hardstrikes and we did it. It was funny cause i gave him my pink gloves! It was so funny cause he is manly man lol and he used to be a wrestler who was first ace state champ, he is out of shape now i think but he is still thin with lots of muscles still and he was sweating bad. He had to stop at about 26 min i told him its almost done. But he walked in place then stretched lol. Then i did what was on the sced for today. Low impact hiit! Love love it.. And the music. This reminded me of cardio supersets but with way better music! Soreness is starting to subside today, ive been sore all last week. So tomkrow is a rest day. Yeah! Lol

Hi everyone,
Week 2 Day 1. Burn Sets Chest/Back/Shoulders. Enjoyed it as the sets went by quickly and there isn't a ton of reps. 2 sets at 10 reps and then the 3rd set is to failure. The weights Cathe uses are amazing. I could barely get 25s for my chest press and she is using 35. Wow.

I haven't had much doms with this set so far. maybe this week since we are using heavier weights in the Burn sets. Not sure why Cathe did do a Burn set for Legs. Would have loved to have heavier leg set.

Saturday was the Low Impact HIIT and I loved it. I did the full workout and Core #1. Felt great. Had a hard time climbing the steps afterwards but that went away as the day went on.

So far the only workout that wasn't a total hit with me was the Hard Strikes. I will have to modify this week as this is the one that hurt my knees.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Rhonda

Today Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's.
I love the heavy lifting! I am getting doms from Burn sets.Taking BCAA's and Glutamine help me recover much faster than without.
Rhonda,
I love the leg workouts in XTrain, but I have been thinking about subbing some of them in the future rotation. I think I'm going to do my own leg day with leg presses, squats, curls, & extensions. I have a leg press in my home gym that allows me to go very heavy without putting stress on my spine.

Have a great day everyone!
Cynthia

soretodayonly_zps9b44d40a.jpg

Rest day today. Tomorrow i will start with week two. Im really in need of a rest day today, i havnt had a rest day for over a week. I did high reps two days before starting xtrain i wasnt sure wheen id get it. I got it the next day and tried hardstrikes. Then started the rotation on tuesday lol i been going since. Im sore and tired! Happy xtraining guys! Have fun!

Hello! This is the first check in I've joined. Today was Day 1 of week 2 of the 90 day rotation. I am following it somewhat. For now I am doing all Xtrain workouts and I am doing the strength workouts as directed, but I am not doing the Xtrain cardio as directed. I did last week, but this week I am doing Tabatacise and Supersets instead of All Out and Hard Strikes. That's really the only way I am mixing it up. Other than adding in 100 Rep Challenges.

Today was Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders + 100 Rep Challenge Lateral Raises. That was a tough workout! Loved it! I was a little dissappointed in the 100 Rep Challenge though, but that is easily fixed. I've done 4 of the 5 100 rep challenges so far and the first time I do them, I do them just like the crew member. I felt like this one was too easy. But next time I do it I will use heavier dumbbells and take less rests. The others were pretty challenging just the way the crew member did them. Though, the first time I did Scarecrows, I thought it was challenging, but I also felt I could lift heavier. The second time I did Scarecrows I used 4 pound dumbbells that that did the trick! Every time Jai took a break, I needed one too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.