Xers......Wonderful Wednesday.......

blkblt

Cathlete
Bonjour!
Just getting us started for now. I plan on going for a long walk/run(yes I said that before) but it always depends on the weather here. It rains almost everyday. I'll takae the I-POD and do a CC, not sure which one yet. With all the hills we have, it should be a good one. Then I'll try to get in a ball massage-stretch by Yamuna. DD (the ballerina) introduced me to this technique. I should do it more often, it's so good for the muscles. I am now off to house cleaning x( , then the workout :eek: , errands:D , a little more German studying :7 and I'll be back later for personals.:p
Have a great day :) :) :)
Christiane

Hi all,

I tried to get back yesterday, but it just wasn't happening. I did not 'bring it' by any stretch of the imagination yesterday. The distance and pace were moderate, but with the temperature 25-30 degrees higher than I've been used to it was aweful. Plus the trails were like peanut butter. UGHH....Oh well, it's done and I'm stiff this morning. I didn't do any yoga last night because my upper body was just plain old tired, but I did All pump and Slo Mo core. Those are perfect for me because there is not a crunch in them.

Today I'm going to do B&G leg blast premix and some yoga.

I got my new x+ dvds last night, but I haven't had a chance to look at them either. I don't see how I can incorporate them before the recovery week anyway.

Work was busy yesterday and there are lots of unhappy people, so I was basically trying to talk with people and smooze the situation.

Traci - How is the running going? Is it working as a shock? How's the arm? No issues with that? Glad to see you back yesterday.

Lea - I always find that food I get out is much more salty than what I make at home. I usually stick with a salad and dressing on the side. I hope the kids like the yoga.

TG- I sometimes find Cathe's weight work repetitive too, but the exercises are always safe and there is definitely something to be said about that. If I rotate the dvds, I can still make great progress. Plus training to failure some really helps. The cardio, well, that is a whole different story and I'm like you; I NEVER/EVER thought I'd say that. I've been doing Cathe for 20+ years.

Jeanette - I hear you with the choreography. I think Amy is right on. It is just fun fun with few to no filler moves. I think I've been doing it for so long, that I have to have the mental challenge to stay with it. Otherwise I'm just on auto pilot. I almost feel guilty leaving Cathe's cardio, but recently I think she has tried to appeal to a larger group with less complex choreography and it is just plain old BORING.

Laurie - We have had terrible winds last night and today. No tornado warning though. I probably could have done ARX on my own by the end of the last round too, but I sure am glad I'm not doing it this time. Did you know that I hate crunches?

Sandra - Learning the choreograpy does take time. I usually tried to learn it on a ligher cardio day or sometimes I use a section as a warm up. Once I learned the Dome Challenge choreography, I was pretty much able to do the Hi/Lo ch and get a really good workout the second time through. The step is pretty complex. It just takes figuring out that she steps right into the combos with no fillers. I personally think that most people who do a dr end up being fairly decent/verbose writers.............I think it's a good thing:)My upper body is feeling a little tweeky today too. No more upper work until Saturday for me.

Wendy - Adopting another child? Wow, you have lots of energy. Yeap, you'd have to start the x soon because I'll be on week three before I know it.

Debra - Glad you ended up feeling the love for the legs. A compliment is such good motivation. Cathe does know how to shape legs, its just a matter of doing it. Good luck at school today.

Christiane - The X is very upper intense. I wouldn't push it on the push ups. Unfortunately, I think it is very difficult to mimic the benefits from the phase 2 pushups with any other exercises. We can help you if you decide to sub.

Swifty - Sorry the studying is so difficult. You'll get it. It just takes figuring out a way that works for you.

Tracy

Good Wednesday Morning Gang ……..A cold front blew in yesterday PM so it’s a BRRRRR Cold 63 this morning! ;-)

Round 2: Lean
Phase 2: Week 2: Day 3
Chest Shoulders Tri + Slo Mo Core (subbing for ARX)

Didn’t do the Slo Mo Core yesterday as you can see so will do it today….

CHRISTIANE…
Glad you got in a w/o that you felt was good for the body & soul! BM2 music is just terrific IMO! CST is a bugger for me too…. With a never fully healed shoulder injury last year the push ups and the shoulder work in that one gives me pause. I always wonder if I do more harm than good by having to drop my weight load so much. Oh Well! It is what it is! You can start the thread w/ whatever title you’d like! We go in waves around here… sometimes it’s the mood of the day for poster, sometimes a silly rhyme, sometimes it makes NO SENSE at all! LOLOLOL…. Do whatever floats your boat!

TRACY…
LOL on your run & weather…. When its warm & humid is the ONLY time I go out to run! I must love the added torture aspect… Our annual Marathon is this weekend, & every year I get all sentimental about the ’99 one I ran. Life changing! …. I am enjoying running again with coach Sean … actually I’d enjoy anything with him! :* ~ Glad you are taking a bit of upper “rest” although our yoga is so intense that I’m sure its nothing like MY rest periods!

WENDY…
ANOTHER SWAN????????// Good lord you LOVE being a mom!!!!! Will you be 90 & have young’uns around you???? Where did this passion for such a large family come from???? Are you looking for an inheritance from THEM? ~ When are you determined to start XX???? I want to be able to harass you daily again!:* AHHHHHH, the good ol’ days! ~ Huggers to niece- sounds like she really could use a break from DF.

DEBRA…
HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Deb Go!!!!! Sending big bear hugs & best wishes for a fantastic first day!!! I’ll miss you – but its time for you to fly….. :*

LEA…
Caught you yesterday so just a BIG Good Morning Hug! :*

SANDRA…
Hey Ho to my yin! Speedbody is a 2006 New Hot Workout! LOL --- Its 12 rounds (3-5 min) of cardio then weights for a full body workout. He uses a lot of Squats & Kickboxing moves then grabs weights or his “Speedbody Ball” (about 2 #s ) I gran my Med Ball (8#s)… Time flys… its Speedbody,com but I doubt its your cup of tea. Not overly intense :* GREAT workout! You reach for KPC much more than I- I think I burned out on the pop pop duck …. Drives me INSANE after a year of doing it weekly!!! LOLOLOL ~ Arent you EXCITED to start final Phase soon??? Gosh I wish I’d started with you and didn’t have a re-do week…. Drags it waaaayyyy out there!

Back with the rest in a few...Dont want to miss Debra!!!! :*

Back to chat with rest of the gang!

CAROL…
I’m sure getting back to HS is tough on all! Why is it so challenging for us to get back into the norm? I’m sure by today you are fully engaged once again!!! I always enjoy any of the IMAX blasts only routines…they seem to fit the bill for HIIT as is defined in the fitness world- with extending the recovery time between each blast. Very effective 3x a week. ~ Crackin’ that laundry whip!}(

JEANETTE…
HOORAY on possibility of flex hours!!!:7 My sister just changed county jobs & is having a super tough time with 8-5! For 15 years she worked 5am-3pm with just 2-3 hours on Friday…. She accumulated tons of comp time PLUS had almost a 3 day weekend…she’s planning on talking to her new boss today. ~ You’re a very good grand daughter! I’m sure you’ll enjoy the extra time with DGM too!!! ~~ Maybe we can plan a facelift together??!!! }( I am just THIS* close to having injections…Theres a new product out that is next generation beyond botox – but I need to research it… Cost? 600.00 per vile! I was told that just for my “puppet” lines I’d need 2! That doesnt begin to take care of the chin area and between the eyes…. I think I need to win the lottery! ~ You’re getting VERY GOOD at creative mish moshes! Glad you are finding so many new & exciting cardios to satisfy! Many hugs to you on the reminder that you are here for me.:* I do know that and trust me I will (& have) taken you up on your offer!!! ~ If you were playing golf I could do my sprints & run back to you & ride the cart to next hole! You DO use a cart when its cold don’t you??? I bet you cant tho as course is “closed” OH MY!!!! I am REALLY impressed now!!!

AMY…
Was getting ready to send a posse out for you! STAY IN TOUCH!!!:*

LAURIE…
Oh my dear!!! How totally scary about the tornados!!!! I heard about them!!! I am scared FOR you! ^5 to oldest DD!!! That’s just FABULOUS! I hope she stays a lifetime lifter! ~ What kind words… :* Thank you my friend. Funny thing about Zippity & Do Da… I said to DH awhile back… Honey why do I write those words even tho I never actually talk like that- He looked @ me like I was a nut & said OH YES YOU DO! Rofl…. Wonder what else comes out of my mouth that I don’t remember saying???????

TEDDYGIRL…
Your body really likes to shed the bloat FAST! Why oh why does mine hang on forever??? You are gonna make me look bad! :* ~ Any ipod use yet? How will you use it? Glad you’re back online again… I always mis you.

KIM…
I think I forgot to wave to you yesterday! I am so sorry!!!! My brain can only handle so many names at a given time I suppose! I do hope you are doing OK and enjoying your X rotation. Let us know if you hit a mental block- its natural & normal- we might be able to help you past it. :*

NICOLE…
Oh I do hope you are OK- That migraine may have gotten you good… My sister suffers terribly and she gets taken out of life for a few days. Much love & healing vibes coming your way. :*

Hope the ENTIRE gang has a terrific dang and gets and/or stays healthy & injury free!
}( :*

Good morning. No workout for me today, even though I have Kenpo X on tap. I have a physical this morning and think that working out is not such a good idea since I will not be able to eat anything afterwards.

I do have a busy day today though. My mom is coming out to watch the kids, and dh is home for the day. I am elated that dh said I can start looking for a person to clean our house. YIPPEE!!! Now I can spend the time I want with the kids.

The kids enjoyed yoga. I loved their yoga teacher. They did chants and meditation. It was awesome. I was thinking of asking if she taught any adult classes.

That is about it. Have a great day. Talk to you all soon.

Lea

Classic/ Week 8/ Day 3/ KenpoX, I think; can't remember. Going to sub with Step Blast, anyway.

Hello,

I can't say good morning, because it isn't one. I've been up since 3:30, as has DD#2. She's currently sitting on my lap (5:35am). Nothing serious, she just has a congested head that made it too difficult to stay asleep. I've given her some cough/sinus medicine, and I anticipate that she'll fall asleep on the couch while I do Step Blast. I'm off to meet my supervisor at 11am today, and I'm in a foul mood about it all....Ooooh, lookie, DD just said she wanted to go back to bed, so I brought her up. Here's hoping she actually falls asleep.

Christiane....Are you learning German on your own, or taking lessons? My 7 year old DD is very interested in learning French. I'm wondering if there's a good software program or some such that I could use to teach her. I have 4 years of high school French, and am pretty nifty with languages, so I think I'd be able to guide her along, and improve my own French in the meanwhile. The ball massage-stretch sounds lovely. Yum!

Tracy....I don't have a problem with the intensity of Cathe's latest offerings; I like a wide range. I'm just getting tired of the same old blast-punctuations. It's her style, I guess, and she's always getting new customers for whom it's a novelty, but I'm ready for something different. When a person is not doing the X, how many pull-ups are really necessary to put into your workout every week? I'm uncertain how to maintain and improve my back using pull ups, without overdoing the strain on my joints (elbows, primarily).

Traci....Did you call me a ho?! Now, now, that's not necessary, is it? What'd I ever do to you? You're subbing ARX with one of Amy's cores, huh? I do have her Abs & Stretch dvd, as well as the core on APX. I should revisit those for Round 3. Maybe. ARX, as boring as it is, is definitely effective. Speedbody is not my thing? Why not? Don't worry, I'm not about to purchase it; just curious. I can only use KPC sparingly. She breaks down the combos so much in those, it gets tedious really quick. I enjoy the KM combos much more. Hopefully Amy's Kickbox that I have coming will offer more variety, without bladder-busting impact. I need to do kickboxing for the cross-training effect; and yes, I do think occasionally about taking out Janis's Strikebox, or whatever that was called. The first 30 mins were quite good, if I remember correctly. I just didn't care for the drill work.

I've got to get going. I'll bbl to catch up on yesterday's chats. In the meantime:

Debra....Happy First Day of School!!

Wendy....adopting a Thai baby? You always were a fashion maven! ;)

Jeanette....Ooga chucka! Ooga chucka!

Teddygirl....Waiting on the hair pics!

SwiftAmy....Great to see you! You've got the brains to do it, that's obvious to everyone.

Nicole....Has the headache dragged you down completely? Take care.

Lea....Busy busy! I hope the household is germ free again.

Laurie....Back & Biceps today? ARX?? You could probably give Tony form pointers by now.

Cheers,
Sandra

Happy Hump Day Xers!

I did manage to double up yesterday and did both Chest, Shoulders & Tris and Plyo X as well. I took a long break between them, doing Plyo X last night after dinner. I was up all night peeing b/c of all the water, lol! Boy am I feeling the weight work, though. Tony still can BRING IT with DOMS!! lol. My chest and tris are on FIRE! I thought maybe this week I'd be less sore, but not so. This morning Cathe and I got it on with the 4DS Higher Intensity Step cardio only. This is a fun, fast routine and since I only used a 6" step, only moderate intensity. My HR never got above the halfway point in my aerobic zone. It was nice to have something more moderate after Plyo last night. Later on I'll be tackling ARX and Back & Biceps. Fun, fun. The first half of the week is always so tough and the last half seems so much easier! I'm definitely looking forward to yoga tomorrow :) I couldn't find Eoin's newest DVD on Amazon to pre-order, though. Does anyone have a link? Otherwise, it's business as usual for me today. I gotta get the kiddos started on their schoolwork b/c we have a full afternoon ahead.

Amy -- WELCOME BACK!!!

Laurie -- How scary for you guys yesterday! I'm glad you're all safe and sound, though. How cute that your DD wanted to workout with Cathe. When I ran track, they always made us lift weights. I think it complements the running nicely.

Sandra -- I'm an Imax geek ;-) I love 'em. The first one not as much, but I really love the other 2. I think Imax 2 is my very favorite cardio, period. Enjoy Step Blast today :) I did that one in my first recovery week. I hope your DD is feeling better and you can get some sleep tonight. Maybe you can convince her to join you for Nap Max later this afternoon!

Wendy -- You make it sound so much fun calling it Power Heated Killer Yoga, lol. Why, I want to run right out for THAT sweatfest! LOL on the twins conning DH. I'm glad you ended up not killing him, I don't think there's much P90X done in jail ;-)

Swifty -- I'm glad you're fighting through and staying strong with your studying :) I, too, had a very dysfunctional upbringing, so I pretty much parent my kids in every way opposite to the way I was brought up, lol.

Debra -- That's a good man you have there!! Keep him around ;-) My DH never notices stuff like that, lol. Great job keeping up with the leg work, too!

Christiane -- I'm glad you were able to get in some cardio in spite of your injury. Good luck keeping up with all your upcoming travel. It sounds like just when your body adjusts to the time change, you'll be leaving, but I'm sure you'll enjoy your time with DH!

Jeanette -- Computer are only SUPPOSED to make our lives easier. I find sometimes they create lots of stress instead }( lol. I hope your laptop situation gets straightened out soon!

Tracy -- I hear ya. I was sweating BUCKETS last night and this morning b/c the temps are so much higher. I hope today's workout goes better for you :)

Traci-X -- Yup, the blast-only premixes are great HIIT. I wish I could do it 3 times/wk, but with Plyo the day before, it's too much jumping around and hard on my legs. Oh, well. At least I still got in some bonus cardio }(

Lea -- I hope your physical goes well today. I hate when you have to fast, I'm always so hungry! I'm also hypoglycemic, so it makes me really grumpy, too.

Kim -- Are you still out there? I hope you're still BRINGING IT!

Hi to everyone else!! I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Will you people settle down!:p I said I was thinking of adopting a baby. That's all I've done: toyed with the idea. I have to pray long and hard before I go down that road. If it were up to the swans, I would have brought a baby back home with me!:D

I don't know what is going on with my body. My legs have never looked so good!!! The cellulite has diminished drastically, even during TTOM! Everyone has commented that I look younger and skinnier. I lost 1 to 2 pounds while I was gone. My weight is down to 110. The only main difference in my diet was drinking instant coffee + coffee-mate instead of DDCoffee with extra cream. I still ate lots of carbs and sweets (rice, sticky rice with coconut milk, bread, raisin bread, blueberry bread, cookies, pastries etc). I even ate more than I normally eat at home!!!! I stuffed myself with 3 meals a day and plenty of daytime and midnight snacks. I sweat a ton and walked more than usual (not a heck of a lot). Someone explain this to me!!!

To tell you the truth it makes me a bit fearsome to workout again, especially with the X. I know that isn't logical. But, I see what I see. And, I didn't workout one lick in the past month except for a sporadic workout and a few leglifts/squats without weights thrown in here and there.

I'm asking myself: Do I want to get stronger if it means water retention and a return of cellulite? NO! Do I want to look skinny skinny? Well, maybe.:eek: }( I've never looked sickly skinny except when my weight went below 103 pounds due to the stress of freshman finals. But, I quickly brought it back up after finals were over.

I'm thinking yoga, bar workouts, upperbody weight work, and daily walking might be enough. Help me keep this diminished cellulite look!!!:7

There I feel better now. I've come clean.

Any thoughts or admonitions?

Ballistic Hugs!
Wendy

Good day Xers! Core Synergistics for me this AM! I did bring it! I can do a superman banana without a push-off. Progress!

Quickly checkin' in before steppin' out for errands to the food store. Yuk! That's where all the $$ goes! i do have a few gift cards I may look to use on workout clothing. I have plans to take a few more classes at the Y this week.

+++++Carol-I'm LOL with you. DD has all the tutoring attention she needs. Heck I bought a $400+ 3 book set as a study aid that should stay with her through college. Keep on bringing it!

+++++Jeanette-The candy cane vest is way 2 cute! My GM had a weiner named Skipper. Boy could that dog run! Hi 5 on getting pumped for a big event. Nice job!

+++++Tracy-thinking of you ;-) running in the sludge. That's tough! You get bonus points from me. I kept it on the road running yesterday and am feeling it today. Thanks for the words of encouragement.:+

++++Lea-Wow a cleaning person huh? You must be a very good girl to deserve such a perk. :p Best to you at the doc :)

++++Wendy-Boo hoo on the deer/car incident. I have hit my share here in W PA. Adopting huh? You won't need to workout girl, just chasing children is cardio enough! Are you heading back to yoga class anytime soon? I'm so :) you're back home safely.:7

+++Tracy-Howdy there and hi 5's while you keep bringing it. ARe you stepping up the marketing to attract clients in 2008? I like your website. There is something about it that is clean and appealing. I think I like how it is so personal and the pictures of you on the ball while doing flyes is very nice. :) :) Best to you in the new year.

++++Amy-I was browsing the RT 2007 catalog and always stop and read your bio and admire the photo. Happy NY!:) Hope all is well.

+++Debra-First day of class and can't wait to hear all about it. Best of everything to you.

Hello to Sandra, Laurie, Kim, and others I know I missed:) :) :) Have a wonderfully gorgeous Wednesday!

Good morning,

Round 2, Phase 2 Lean Rotation, Week 2, Day 3 - CST and Ab Ripper X

Did CST this morning, but wasn't feeling the love for a little bit. My right shoulder joint is not painful, but just doesn't feel right so I did almost all pushups on my knees. I did exceed or go up in weights in almost everything. My triceps are getting stronger. Have a bike spin session tonite for an hour, then will come home and do Ab Ripper X or may sub, just depends.

Christiane, the walk/run sounds nice. Does it snow where you are? We still have snow/ice on the ground so even a walk doesn't sound safe for me and I don't own a treadmill. Enjoy your CC today! I'll have to Google Yamuna. Sounds interesting.

Tracy, sorry the heat messed with your run. Takes me a while to acclimate to higher temps when I'm cycling. Wish we had that warm weather right now. Which Amy Step would you recommend? I think that this hi-lo that I'm working on is a nice mix of fun and intensity for me. I think previewing beforehand really helped. I like to use my Saturdays when I have more time to do a new workout. I've been wondering about your DS's girlfriend's surgery. Is she still scheduled for it?

Traci, very glad you are enjoying the running with Sean. Which CC's have you been doing? They are all awesome, or at least the ones I've done are. I know how your sister must feel. For about 8 or 9 years I worked 4 10 hours days a week, 3 days off for the weekends. Now I'm back 7:45 to 4:30 with a 45 minute lunch. I don't miss getting up super early for my workouts though. I like staying up a little bit later with DH. I need to prepare a memo requesting the change. Are you serious about the facelift? That stuff sounds so expensive. If I could have anything it would be a skin thigh lift. That skin just sags. Oh well, I'd rather save my money for more fun stuff. I've only used a cart a couple times when DH went with me. We had to have something to carry the beer you know. Normally, I push a 3 wheeled cart, even when it's cold. The walking keeps you a little warmer. Yes, the course is closed but if the snow melts, I'll go down there and try to play. They have an honor system where you drop money in the box.

Lea, hope the dr. appointment goes well. Glad the kids liked the yoga. What kind of chants did the kids say? Mine would have said something like "Cap...tain.... Crunch...".

Sandra, why did Traci call you a ho? She's just mad that you didn't make her a fish cake for Wendell's 64'th birthday. I'm being super aware of my shoulder joint lately. Last thing I want is to injure it and not be able to do anything at all. Seen too many people with those kinds of injuries, at work and online. DH's problems were very painful. DH can't even do 1 pushup at all. He feels it right in the shoulder joint like I do. Know you will be smart about it and not make anything worse.

Carol, you are doing an awesome job with P90X!!! You will get really good results I'm sure. Are you seeing some already? I'm hoping to hear from Dell tonite on the laptop issue.

Swifty, so very glad you can stop by. Tillie is a little character and has certainly won both DH and my hearts, big time.

Wendy, I've got to go now to take my shower, but will be back later tonite. I know how you're thinking about the exercise and looking good.

Later, ladies and I'll catch up with the rest of you.

Jeanette

Time for personals!!!!:) :) :)

Amy-XX:* :* :*

You brightened my day!!!! It's so wonderful to hear from you!!! Your core must be getting stronger!!! I despise superman/banana!!!! Have fun shopping!!! You must look into Prana workout clothing. I like Prana better than Nike and Lululemon combined! Thanks for sympathizing with Phil's deer incident. Phil swears that deer charged him. He said he slowed the car down to 10mph. The buck put his head down, snorted, and came a running straight for the windshield. The spooked villain took out the whole side of the car including the side view mirror. The car is expected to be ready on the 16th. It's only estimated to cost $3,100! That's probably more than half the car's blue book value!:7 Thankfully, I have collision insurance that covers crazed deer or it wouldn't get fixed. Did you decide what to buy at Collage? Now, you just stop talking smack! You have plenty of brains!!!! Parents can really mess with their children's heads. But, you're smarter than that! Being able to name your fears (stumbling blocks) is the fist step to having power over them! (Did you like that? Read it in one of eldest dd's books, "Jip...His Story". LOLOLOLOL)

Carol-Soon-to-be-X:* :* :*

Do you hear yourself???? I only used a 6" step... I still can't do HIS on the 4DS on the bare floor!:7 I agree that Tony can Bring It! My DOMS got worse with each phase!!!

Sandra-X:* :* :*

You must be exhausted! ^^5^^ to you for not using this as an excuse to skip your workout!!! Who's this supervisor? Why is she coming to your home?

Lea-X:* :* :*

You can't eat after a physical? Or, are you're not allowed to eat after it? When my blood sugar is low, there's no way I can even workout too! All I am thinking of is food!!! Oh! How great you boys enjoyed yoga class! Does it help calm the testosterone levels in your home during off yoga hours? I should have made my boys go to yoga the moment they started walking!!!}(

Traci-X:* :* :*

You best suit up in your down filled parka!!! Yes! You detect sarcasm and hostility.;) PLUEEZE! 63 degrees sounds downright tropical compared to PA!:p Did you read my previous post? You better do some serious convincing if you want to harass me daily!:p ;) As it looks, I might not start another round unless my body starts drooping in expected places. Ooooo! I have an idea! You, Jeanette and I can travel to Thailand for face lifts. If I didn't come home early, I was going to have an upper eye lift done! The costs are cheaper there. Yeah, it's a third world country with lax laws. But, it would be fun!!!! :7 ;)

Tracy-X:* :* :*

You've peaked my interest with Slo Mo Core. Not a single crunch huh? I think that's why I love Core Synergistics. LOL on the peanut butter trails. The twins were calling it mellow ground on account of the poem they are learning. Almost feels like spring. Hopefully, the icy cold weather won't last too long this year when it comes back with a vengeance!

Christiane (Did you already complete one round of the X?):* :* :*

Do you have a link for this ball massage stretch? It sounds like heaven on DOMS filled days. You are as young as you feel! You sound younger than me!!! I bet your dh feels the same about you too! You're a good wife to want to spend time with him even it means having to fly halfway across the world. Do you have any tips on how to keep the feet swelling down and skin hydrated during those long flights? It seemed as if I could never drink enough water. After landing, my feet looked like two HUGE marshmallows shoved into 3" spiked heels ready for a roasting!!!

Teddygirl-Soon-to-be-X:* :* :*

I follow what you're saying to Sandra. That's why I haven't purchased every single dvd she's produced. Although, it's hard not too do with all the tempters out there! I'm a bit worried about how long I can go with doing nothing before my muscles deteriorate. I'd like to maintain for awhile.

Debra-X:* :* :*

Now, you are doing the exact opposite of what I would do. See if dh told me to keep doing what I'm doing, I'd do just that: NOTHING of the SAME Ole Same Ole! :7 Here, it motivates you to Bring It! That CB of yours sounds like a keeper! I can't wait to meet the two of you and eldest diva come April! So, what do you have planned for us at this retreat? I vote for full body massages, pedicures, manicures, and dancing. :+

Jeanette-X:* :* :*

I hope this new boss of yours isn't one of those out to change the world types! The flex hours does sound like a nice offering though. Given time, I'm sure you'll find a suitable match for your grandmom! I noticed how well she keeps her hair! Must be a generational thing. I remember my grandmother going to the salon every week just to have her hair styled!!! LOL on getting rid of the kids. I still have those moments when I want to send them to school and let the government teach them everything and be responsible for the formation their character. That way, I'd have someone to blame other than myself! }( :7 I've been trying to look for facial products containing sunscreen. I'm concerned with breaking out though. I used some sunscreen on my face in Thailand. After three days, my face started breaking out with fat pimples. The only thing holding me back from making the chai tea is the splenda. I wonder if I use a small amount of sugar if it will taste the same.

Well, I'm off. It's a late start for me today!!!!

Hi to Amy, Cheryl, Kim and Laurie! BBL to read and will try to post more.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 2/Week 6/Day 3
Workout: Back & Biceps / ARX / 30 Min Run

I will be doing my run and ARX later today. So far I like getting the majority of my workout done in the morning.

Tomorrow I will be in an all day meeting, so I probably won't be able to post until I am home. This sounds like one strange meeting. I'm suppose to find a project that I have been wanting to see done, but it never seems to happen. I can think of way too many of those. x( I have to come up with and L word that describes me. So it would be L_______ Laurie. Boss also wants us to bring our favorite T-Shirt, and he said nothing would happen to it. We also need to describe our dream vacation. Now that one is the easiest one to do. :D

Christiane, Now I have to investigate that type of massage technique. I just need to go in for a massage, it has been a looooong time. :D Have fun with your German.

Tracy, I should be receiving my X+ DVD's today. That is what the UPS tracking says anyway. :D Our temps have now gotten back to normal for January, so I'm sure you will be seeing it soon too. Your run doesn't sound as if it was as enjoyable as it could have been. :(

Traci, LOL about the cold 63 deg. :7 :7 I do not write as I talk. I'm full of oki dokies when I'm at home. Maybe I should start writing how I speak. :7 :7 Might give everyone some good laughs. So you are liking the Slo Mo core as much as Tracy, must be the lack of CRUNCHES. :7 :7

Lea, Oh how I would LOVE a cleaning person. I don't think that will happen until our girls are out of the house. :7 :7 Glad the yoga instructor was good.

Sandra, Sorry to hear that your DD has had such a rough night. Yes I still enjoy doing PlyoX. I like the more athletic type of plyo. I think that is why I enjoy Cathe's 4DS BC and BC more than some of the blasts in Imax. The last time I did KenpoX, I noticed that Tony needed to work on his punches a little. :7 :7 Guess I could give some form pointers to him. I will wait and see what his new offerings bring, he probably is perfect in these. :D

Carol, My oldest is really skinny, so she is very small on top. When she was swimming, her upper body look really good. I need to talk to my GF to set up some swim time with her. She does instruction at a pool, and is willing to let DD swim under her supervision. Just need to get my butt in gear, and get it set up.

Swifty, So you are starting another round of the X. I see you are doing CS. ^5 to you on the superman bananas. I'm still working on the push-off thing. I can do about half of the with out the push off and then my core starts getting tired. :D Will I have to do another round of the X just to keep myself one X above yours. :D

Wendy, ^5 on the diminished cellulite. Maybe your legs don't need the constant workout. Mine improve slowly over time, but I notice if I don't workout they look even worse. Could be all the walking you where doing also. Just a thought.

Jeanette, Yep, I plan on joining in volleyball this summer. I liked the new place we went to. CST is not one that I feel the love for either, but it seems so effective. I always feel so much stronger when I start Ph 3. You are such a good GD. We gave our GM the nickname Granny Goodwitch, which is so appropriate for her. I would love to have a GM that sounds as nice as yours is. I still remember her making us a lunch that to this day still makes me gag! (She was not a good cook) She boiled noodles, threw in kidney beans (without draining the water from the noodles), then threw in some stewed tomatoes. We ate it because we where hungry, but it was just nasty. I don't think she had her normal Kraft mac & cheese in the cupboard.

Debra, Have a great time at school today. DD has a meeting tomorrow for track, I'm guessing that they are going to get a schedule for getting in shape. At least that is what I'm hoping. Her coach from Xcountry is also a track coach. And he had a summer schedule that they needed to follow. She is wanting to run the mile in track this year.

TG, Glad you are getting back into the workouts. Must feel good. 3lb from being sick, I would take it too. :D

Kim, Hi

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello. Back again to report that Step Blast is done, as is Shive Rea's Creative Core Abs. I'd forgotten I was supposed to do that today. It felt really nice on my lower back. I need to do more stretching; more of Shiva's and Eion's hip openers and forward bends, specifically. I'm just avoiding all the planks and push ups in the vinayasas; they don't allow my elbow to rest like it needs.

It's 9am and DD is still sound asleep. I'm on my second cup of coffee, and will probably be adding a third today. It's currently -21C (-6F), and the frost is thick on the car. Anyone want to scrape it off for me? I see DH gave a go at the top layer already, so it shouldn't be so hard.

Wendy, I'm going TO my supervisor's office at the university. He's not coming here. I'm meeting him today to talk about my thesis. Blech, blech blech!!!!

I've read all of today's posts and you've variously brought me some smiles and laughs. I'm feeling better, more centred, and after my shower should be ready to face the music. I've decided that if it is feasible to finish the thesis, then I want a defense date set as of today. If there's a firm finish line set within a reasonable time period, then maybe everyone on my team (me included) will get our acts together and get it finished. This may require me to go awol on the forums a bit more, but it might be the price I have to pay. That, and childcare. Okay, I've got to hit the showers. This has been a bit of writing therapy for me, so thanks for reading. Maybe I need to start a blog about the torturous phases of finishing a phd dissertation?

Sandra

Hi again all- Todays workoutS completed...
Slo Mo Core - its soooooo good! + L&G ankle weighted work - with 6# wts- YOWZA, CH-SH-Tri - a good showing today:7 I'm toasted from head to toe - heading out to run errands & will be back with personals & to read all about Debras 1st day of school...
Sandra Dee DONT START TROUBLE}(
Wendy Poo I STAND BY MY STATEMENT ABOUT YOUR SHRINKING yet UNEXERCISED BODY:+

Back later gang

Whew! I almost didn't make it through that one!

I was so afraid I was having a migraine and I so didn't want to have to start dealing with those. This is the weirdest illness I've ever had. It started on Thursday with crawly skin and a sore back. By Friday it felt like someone was wringing out my spine and pounding on my head. Saturday and Sunday my head hurt so bad I couldn't read, look at the tv or have light shining near me plus I was so tired and cranky you wouldn't believe it. Yesterday I was just plain tired and felt like I was starting to get a cold but today just a sore throat remains. I am still a little tired but not enough to stop me from working out.

Yesterday I did the new P90X+ Interval workout. I really liked it but it kicked my butt even though it's only 40 minutes long. I am so messed up on my workouts now but I hope to get back on track today. I'm going to do CS&T and then do yoga tomorrow.

I want to work in the new workouts but I have yet to receive my chin up bar. You have to have one for these workouts. I'm actually glad it forced me to get one so I can do the real deal now:) The core workout looks great but I can't even do that one without the chin up bar.

I hope to be back a bit later for personals. I have to do two clients nails today and clean. I've missed you all! Thanks so much for all of the get well vibes and {{{hugs}}}! :*

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Jeez!! You guys have been chatty this morning! I tried to post before DD went to school, but she was chattering and I inadvertently deleted my post...At least it wasn't long! Anyhoo...my first day of class went great! I REALLY liked my instructor and I can see that she is going to make what could potentially be a boring class very energetic and fun. I have my first presentation on Monday. EEEK! And to let everyone know...I am the oldest in the class (not including the professor) by a good 15 years....there is one girl who is only 17. I could be her mother. That is a little depressing. My mom tried to make me feel better by saying how much more life experience I will bring to the class....LOL. I told CB that I was the oldest and he said, "Well there had to be one old lady in the class....I guess it's you!" He is kind of excited to be dating a 'school girl'...I think he must have some kind of fantasy with me in a short plaid skirt and knee his. At least the teacher is older than me. I was kind of hoping for a male professor so that I could wear short skirts and show off my legs for extra credit, but no dice. I also started ttom today...so my mood should improve by tomorrow...I've been weepy for the past couple of days. And hopefully some of this tummy bloat will head out of here too.

On the workout front...My legs are killing me today...thanks a lot CB! Maybe I can get him to rub them tonight when he comes over for the Carolina game. I will be doing cardio and core today...Some sort of Cathe step and probably CM#3. Then I am off to start my recovery week which will consist of 2-3 days of cardio and 3-4 days of yoga or pilates. Then I will start a lean rotation that our dear Traci helped me with...so I will post that when I get that far.

Okay...going to start with personals, but I may have to finish up later. I am expecting a phone call and I really want to workout before I have to get the diva from school.

Jeanette...
Flex hours sound great! That would certainly give you more time to pursue all of your other interests. Glad GM is doing better...sorry about the dentist hassle, though. I am sure your face does not look like a saddle you crazy woman. Maybe you just need a little touch up with your hair color to brighten up a bit! Yes, you gotta like a man who compliments your legs. I am going to take bets on whether you sub ARX tonight or not. Sorry the shoulder is giving you problems...but at least your triceps won't be waving in the breeze! I personally need a knee lift and a butt lift. I think the face is okay for now. But my once cute perky butt is now hanging out on the backs of my thighs. How did it get down there anyway??

Christiane....
Hope you got all of your errands/chores/workouts/studying in today! You certainly sound busy! I guess you will have to pack for your trip to the US...or do you guys have a house here that you just go to?

Tracy...
The 'peanut butter' trails created a real picture!! It is soggy here too, but we have been lacking rain for so long I hate to complain. I kind of felt like you yesterday with all my leg motivation...LOL! You must have had to take all kinds of communication classes for you job since you get to talk to angry people all the time! When does DS get back from his skiing trip?

Traci...
You completely cracked me up with your b**ch comment to Wendy...I know!! How dare she brag about her lack of cellulite when she has been eating like a piggy and not working out....LOL!!! As you can see from above, I tried to post this morning but the diva distracted me with a question about her hair...surprise, surprise! I told Jeanette I really just needed some work on my legs and butt, but now that I think of it, I have never had a chin...and I would like to have one sometime before I die. I may just have one added on...and remove some of the excess skin form underneath...Surely they can do that now! I am definitely going to get a varicose vein taken care of before I lose all of XDH's money...I may even make an appointment for that for next week! They can do it with lasers now...How cool is that?? Glad you got all of your workouts in today. I will have to try Slo Mo core again...I tried it on a day that I was having some back issues and I just couldn't do it right without injuring myself further.

Lea...
Waving as you sit with your boys and meditate while you have a house cleaner doing your dishes!!!

Nicole..
So glad you are feeling better!! I was really worried about you. It's not like you to not even visit. Sounds like one crazy bug...but I am glad you are shaking it. Way to go with the new X workouts!!

Sorry to cut this short....but I promise to be back this afternoon to catch up with everyone else. I really need to go press play before my motivation ends and I take a nap instead!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

BACK FOR A CHAT …… I broke down & ordered the Pull Up Bar from BB! I looked in my wallet and saw an American Express Gift Card that DH gave me (from the company) and that was all I needed!

SWIFT AMY…
ALWAYS good to see you post more often!!! You must have study brain BIG TIME! It can be overwhelming--- take lots of deep breaths! I’m running my same ads in 2008 as I just started in October… Thanks for words on WWW…. I am really not actively persuing more business as its just a “hobby” for me… I have zero goals & expectations for the business…Just too many years under my belt in hardcore corporate America… It will develop into what its suppose to be. You stay in touch sweet lady!

WENDY…
Dear sweet crazy Wendy…… I do believe it could be the cream creating some cellulite… Not that I advocate the imitation stuff- cant pronounce all the chemicals in the stuff…HOWEVER dairy fat is notorious for creating bubbles on legs! Whjo knows honey…maybe its all just a mirage…. Maybe you caught CA Disease & are hallucinating… WHATEVER it is- I sure as he)) wouldn’t do one bit more exercise than I needed! – I do dare to suggest however that since you are back into American cooking (aka chemicals) you better watch for the tell-tale signs of the cottage cheese returning… WAS THIS A DEPRESSING POST??????? Rof ~~~ I also figured out this baby thang…. You have 6 swans to do all the child rearing! BUSTED!!!

DEBRA…
CONGRATS on a great 1st day! What in the world could you possibly do an entire presentation on Monday???? Ya better learn a whole lot REAL fast! Ahhhhh the motivation that new love & compliments provides! You deserve it girl! Oh Goodie! I see we are both not only Democrats but “lift” girls! HA- Can XDH pay for my injections too???!!!! LOL BTW- I don’t enjoy my coffee time nearly as much w/out you….

LEA…
I’m JEALOUS too!!!!!!!! Oh can I borrow your life (minus the kids)! LOLOLOL – How totally cool for you! Hope the exam went well!!!

SANDRA…
“Hey Ho to my yin!” WAS NOT ME CALLING YOU A HO!!!! BAD SANDRA has reared her head today! I thought you were past day 3 of ttom??????? I’m glad you’re feeling better today tho…. I wonder if all the holiday stuff, ttom, thesis, IL etc…. could possibly have anything to do with it???? I think you are usually way to hard on yourself to be perfect…. We’ll see if I’m right when we meet… ~~ LOL on Strikebox..aka: Strike Zone! LOLOLOL Sending sleepy healing vibes to DD- so sorry the day started off like that.

CAROL…
I am amazed not one bit of whining from you yet! Hmmmmmm are you SURE you’re doing X? lololol… actually I was the big baby round 1- The gals had to keep coaching me on mental toughness!

JEANETTE…
LOL on your Sandra post! You busted me- I have a wad in my panties about that darn cake! ROF ~ I had to actually do some of the push ups on the wall today as my shoulder was giving out under me even on knees… I did get some toe ones cranked out early on tho so all in all its all good, right? ~ I’m only half serious about the wrinkle injections but that’s because I have no such luxery with vanity cash… If I had it I’d do it in a heartbeat. ~ Just 1 more week of CH-SH-TRI and we can move on! I felt like you did about it this morning.

LAURIE…
Oh girl- I can always resist the desire to go back to the real working world when I read your posts! WTH??? I smell a new Team Building Book was read over all the holidays! ROFL ~ I say OKIE DOKIE too! Wont we be a pair at the retreat! You nailed it baby! Core work without crunches is HEAVEN to me not to mention more effective for my body…. I think Amy does Core better than all my “trainers” on DVD.

NICOLE…
What can I say but OH NO! You have been thru the mill this week!!!! I am so sorry for all your ails…What in the world do you think brought all this on? Possibly toxic gingerbread or icing???? Cant wait to get my new X- Hopefully this week so I can do Kenpo+ ~ We’ll both me suckin eggs when the chin up bars come! We’re in it together!!

Huggers to all in X-Land!!!

A few more personals....

Sandra...
Poor dear! I am so sorry you have had a tough morning/day. Hope DD is feeling better. Keep resting that elbow. I always forget to pull out Shiva's abs on core days...but I already have CM in the player now. I won't rub it in that it is 70 degrees here today since you are already in a bad mood. No ice here! We will miss you around here while you finish up that darn dissertation! I hope you will still be able to visit some. How much childcare are you going to be needing? You can always vent to us about any and all problems you are having. I know you must feel a lot of pressure to get it all accomplished. Please let us know how your meeting went...and how poor DD is. I hope some good sleep will fix her up! I am sure you will be needing a good night's rest yourself.

Okay...the diva is begging for the computer and I have yet to accomplish my workout today..but dinner is almost done, so at least there is that. So...I will return again after my workout is completed and my shower is taken...Hopefully I can finish up my chats after that!!

Kisses to all I haven't gotten to yet!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.