Workout Warriors - Jan 10th - Jan 16th

Well it is DAY 3 of ice in Atlanta. We live on the highest point in ATL so our roads in our neighborhood are pure ice! No mail, no paper, no driving for wg=hat is now day three!

I have a home office---which I've turned over to DH so he can set a 'command post' for his work. I've been working upstairs in the Study. Has actually been fun. Nice to have lunch together and for him to be around more than usual.

Ready to have our regular life back --- but have made the best of it --- should thaw some today and maybe will be better by tomorrow.

Workout wise --- Yesterday was a steady state cardio day. Tried a DVD I forgot I had - Kelly Coffey Meyer Kick Box --- two 30 minute workouts, plus an Ab routine. I am super critical of other instructors --- since Cathe is so great, but this one was good. Kelly cues good, her moves add some variety and felt good to have solid, low-impact, lower-key but still interesting workout yesterday.

Today - is an upper body workout --- think I will do Pure Strength --- there are two upper body workouts on that one and will do both.

Did you see the "My Top 10 Fav DVD Workouts discussion? Cathe chimed in and said- I think- that Athletic Step was one of her favs. Will have to go back and see again... Would be hard for me to pick - since I like them all depending on what my body is calling for that day... Interesting thread on Open Discussion if you missed it.

BTW, Rowan the dog's picture is adorable. Will have to get pic to share of Oscar in his winter coat before we go out---cute as a button!

Mkeefe---you are going to love STS body!

Happy Day Every one!

Good Morning Everyone!

My workout today was Pure Barre- 16th Street and Jeanette Jenkins- Ultra Bootcamp (cardio section).

Wake Up Eager- I understand what you are going through with the weather in Atlanta. We had ten inches of snow last night. I am so ready for Spring to arrive.

Cathy- Your son is doing STS, that is good. The first time I did STS my DH did it with me. He really enjoyed it.

Janis -Aerobarre- has boxing segments and barre segments. It is put together well and I enjoy it but them again I really enjoy all of Olajides workouts. My rotation this month is mostly barre workouts, yoga and body weight (TRX) exercises. I recently stopped Power Lifitng, so I am trying to do new things. Barre workouts challenge my legs in ways that Power Lifting never did. In the last few years I have grown to really enjoy Yoga. I am learning what style of Yoga and what instructors that I like.

Jenn - I want to get Booty Barre. I was all set to order it from Amazon but then changed ny mind. I still want it though!

Morning ladies - I'm a bit zonked this morning. My BF comes over on Tuesdays after work, so he always keeps me up late and then 2 of my cats were a little overactive overnight. I ended up sleeping on the couch to get away from them, but only got about 4 hours all together. :(

Regardless, I did my 40 minute run. Felt really good while running, but now I'm super tired again. Glad I'm working from home so people don't see the circles under my eyes. It's snowing here in Western NY, but not too bad. We've probably only had about 4" since last night. It has been a pretty light winter for Buffalo so far this year. 2 months to go... so we'll see how we do.

Cathy - I think it's excellent that your son is doing STS. I'm sure he's quite anxious to go to public school next year and fit in. I wonder what the kids would think if they found out he learned how to lift weights from his mother? You'll probably be the Cool Mom! Or even... dare I say... the Hot Mom?

My goal is to get my daughter running with me this spring. She's unfortunately inherited my athletic abilities, so running is a sport she can do. That's what I love about it.... any clown can run. She's warming to the idea, now that I've assured her that I won't leave her behind if I think she's going too slowly. LOL - could you imagine? "Ugh, Teri... you are SO slow!!!! I'm not waiting for you... find your own way home". She's so cute.

I've got 2 more weeks of Meso 1 before I get my rest week. Feels odd doing the 6 1/2 month rotation instead, because you do each week two weeks in a row. I'm looking forward to the rest week - might do some yoga. Any suggestions?

Can I join you?

Hi All,
Would it be possible for me to join your group? I really need a daily check in to keep me motivated these days.
Let me know
Elena

Morningstar - what do you do for a living where you can run to work? As much as I'd love to do that myself, I'd be looking pretty unprofessional when I showed up all sweaty.

My BF had quite the chuckle at my expense this morning when he game into my workout room while I was running on the treadmill with loud music playing. I didn't hear him, so had no idea he was standing right next to me until I turned my head. Holy wow - I yelped and jumped.... and did he laugh! It was pretty funny. The only thing that would have made it funnier is if I had fell off, or if I had been singing. Thankfully it was a new album and the first time I'd listened to it, so I couldn't sing along. Yesterday was the fall off, so I already made my quota for the week.

Hello Warriors!

Sorry I have MIA since Monday morning...its been that kind of week at work so far. On Monday I did hiit 30/30, then spent two hours at tennis class monday night. Tuesday was my birthday, I am now the nondescript age of 38 :p, so it turned into an unintended rest day due to work, missed alarms in the AM and then dinner out at night. Then this morning I managed to do the step combos only premix of low max. Tonight I have tennis class again, unless the cold causes it to be cancelled. Darn floridians cant handle being outside when it is in the upper 40's. lol If it is cancelled I will do something else at home tonight.

I was able to quickly read everyone's posts this week, I am glad to see everyone moving along relatively well. :) I will catch up more later tonight or tomorrow.

PS...yes Elena, you can join our check-in group, no need ask, anyone can jump right in when they want. Glad to have you along. :D

Elena! Definitely jump right on in and join us. :D

Suzie it's really great that both you and your husband can work from home. I really hate that so many people have to risk their lives on bad roads to get to jobs that are not so important that they should have to.

MJ my sister actually was wearing her winter coat this morning because it was only 36 there. She got it for Christmas before that I don't think she actually had one anymore.

Survived our trip to Ann Arbor. The country roads were not good, and as always there were a gazillion semi's on 1-94, but we made it there and back in one piece. Had a nice lunch and then went to the museum. Derek got his own camera and had planned to take lots of pics and then DH dropped us off to go park and we got in and realized we didn't have the camera! Bad thing. :eek: Thankfully, DH remembered and brought it with him, so one of us didn't have to go back and get it. Derek would not have been fun to live with if he hadn't gotten to take pics.

Donna would boys really think it cool that he learned weights from his Mom!

Got a message this afternoon asking if I would do a conference session on Fitting Exercise Into Your Life!!! I've been wanting to do it for a couple years and kept getting nutrition sessions instead. I'm hoping it isn't adding in more than I can chew as I'm also the volunteer coordinator and I'm taking on the silent auction this year, too. Good thing I've been bitten my a major organizational bug the last month - now it just has to hang tight and keep me going. :)

Littlefiretop Happy Birthday:D

HI Elena, welecome to the group.

Midgetdogg I would have fallen off the treadmill if someone scared me like that.

Regina do you lot of barre workouts? This was first my ones beside the Ellen Barretts I have. It's a nice workout but I don't have the ROM that she does and my arms were fried. Who knew 3lb weights could hurt like that.

Wake Up Eager, I'm waiting for that KCM to arrive in the mail. I like her 30 minutes to fitness series.

Janis my hubby is the golfer in the family. And a big time golfer. Our garage is like an indoor driving range. Complete man cave.

Peaceful Rainbow Congrulations on the seminar.

Where does the time go? It's Wednesday already and I haven't even posted this week.

Elena: Welcome. Join in and tell us a little bit about yourself. If interested, you could check out last weeks thread and get highlights of the introductions.

McKeefe: Are you enjoying the Jan. rotation? I'm doing December because I really wanted to do all the new videos which I haven't had time to do until this month.

Melissa: I really liked meso2 also. I haven't been able to get myself to do 3 yet.

Cathy: I can't say that I could tell a difference on the HIIT's. They all were hard!

Janis: Do you have all 3 mesocycles? Are you doing a full rotation, or just on or two sections?

Morningstar: I "hid" some fudge in the freezer hoping I'd forget about it and it would be a nice surprise later. Yeah right, it lasted all of about 3 days.

Yesterday I did intensity. I did the 60 min. pre-mix of step, low hiit, bootcamp. I liked it.

Kimberly

Last edited:
Morningstar - what do you do for a living where you can run to work? As much as I'd love to do that myself, I'd be looking pretty unprofessional when I showed up all sweaty.

I'd rather not say what I do for a living, but yep, I do get sweaty. It's not the sweat that smells, it's the bacteria that, when left to fester, grows and becomes stinky. So I wear moisture wicking clothes and change them right after my workout. Now, we're in the middle of a Canadian winter, so it's not like sweat is a major issue right now, but I do change my clothes from the skin out when I arrive at work and change back into my running clothes to run home. My hair isn't exactly gorgeous, but it isn't exactly gorgeous when I don't run, too. Anyone who's around me for any length of time (say, 10 seconds or so) knows that fitness, health and running is important to me and no one has said it's an issue. Not that they'd dare! In all sincerety, though, I don't actually smell bad when I get sweaty unless I get sweaty for a few days and don't shower. Not saying I do that a lot, but... I guess I'm just one of those people without really smelly sweat glands. I've run to work before huge meetings sometimes.

One thing I will say about a commitment to fitness when you are really busy (and don't have a car!) - it takes an equal commitment to creativity and finding a way. To not giving up just because you have to do things a little differently from others would do it. To really planning out the logistics (it's very akin to event planning, how I have to figure out a run to work/run home rotation). To say, this is really important to me and I will find a way to make this work.

Morningstar: I "hid" some fudge in the freezer hoping I'd forget about it and it would be a nice surprise later. Yeah right, it lasted all of about 3 days.

Hey, mine lasted a month! I guess that's not so bad after all! Now if it had been irish cream fudge...

I wasn't feeling so great today. I started out with severe stomach cramps that didn't last long, but made me scream while they lasted. They subsided, but I was left with major energy issues all day. So no run to work. I walked (through snow for 2 hours, so a pretty good light cardio session) then ended up leaving work late and walked partway home before giving up and taking transit. What the hell, tomorrow's another day, right?

Last edited:
Just rolled in...
....and I'm dashing in here to -

(seriously, Janis, am I EVER wrong?) Nope, MIAR Did you, by any chance, chase your fudgicles down with espresso vodka? And NO tattoos for me baby. ROFLMA:D:D:D

Do you guys know what Janis did for me for my birthday? She picked out a beautiful running jacket in my best colour from New Balance and had my running motto embroidered on it (my motto's in my signature, if you're curious). Such an incredible gift and an even more incredible friend. It's so beautiful.:eek::eek::eek::eek: Awww shucks Morningstar, you're gonna make me cry. Now tell the ladies how you came up with that mantra, miss 5k girl. :D:D:D

MJ ]HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Elena - welcome, glad you found us and wanted to join in.

To All The Fabulous Warrior Women who posted before me - I will catch up tomorrow.

:D

Hi Everyone!

Hello to all and wow there seem to be alot of Warriors! My name is Elena and I live outside of Boston. I've been doing Cathe Workouts for years and I'm hoping that doing a check in will keep me motivated. For the most part I tend to exercise about 4 days per week but I really want to do 6 days so I'm thinking this may get me going.

Yesturday I did Jeanette Jenkins Bikini Boot Camp and B&G stability ball abs. Today I plan on starting STS over again (at least for meso 1) so today is Disk 1.

Thanks for letting me join your group, can't wait to get to know you all!
Elena

Good morning, boy am I zonked, I see a weekend of naps coming my way!

Hello Elena :D. I've also just started this check-in too! Nice to see you.

Happy Birthday MJ!

Cathy, you do conferences? WOW!

Hi Kimberly, I actually just started the Jan Rotation this week, because I waiting for some discs to arrive. I THINK I'm enjoying it, hehe, I'll let you know later though. :p They are all new to me, though. Or most of them. I've also not done any of the new ones OR the STS Shock Cardio series. I did have fun with Intensity and Hiit disc though.

Well yesterday was a cycling class and STS Total Body for me. I was dreading it, it being so long since I've done weights. Pleasantly pleased to find out I haven't lost as much strength as I thought in my upper body? Endurance there is really bad though. After getting over my fear of how bad the tri-sets would be, I actually enjoy that format! Very creative and fun, I think. I love the first kind of deadlifts she put in too!

It was also my first experience with the gliding discs. So easy on one leg, so challenging on another because of the worse knee. Can someone tell me when you do the one that you extend your leg back, if you are supposed to bend your back knee, like a lunge? Looks like some are and some aren't, I simply could not do it, but maybe when my discs (aka furniture movers) get a little less slippy I will be able to? Anyway it DID hiy my butt just like she said it would!

Mary

yaawwwnn. Don't wanna go to work. Work interferes with my life. :p

Last edited:
Good Morning!

Jenn- I just started doing barre work last year. I really enjoy it and I love the results I achieved for my lower body.yes- 2 lbs weights can really fry your arms. I learned that from the Effinger's Squeeze workouts and Physique- 57.

Elena- welcome- I just started too and I too am happy to have a check in group.

Mary- When I do the slide exercises, I keep the back leg straight.

Cathy- The conference that you are giving on "fitting exercise into your life" sounds interesting. That is a topic that should interest many people. When my kids were younger, I had to think of creative ways to fit exercise in.

Kimberly- The Intensity Bootcamp premix is my favorite. I have not tried the premix that you did yet. I will have to add it into one of my next rotations

Wake Up Eager- what is your name? I really enjoy most of KCM workouts. I love the 30 Minutes to Fitness series. You can get it done in 30 minutes and sometimes that is all that i have!

Donna- I read that you like to run. All of my sons did track and field through HS and college. I use to be a sprinter in HS. My oldest son and DIL now train Olympic track athletes. I go to some track and field events with them. I plan to go to some of the track events at the 2012 Olympic games in England.

Workout today- Bodylastics and Ruah- Warrior

Have a Great Day Everyone!

Littlefiretop---Happy Birthday!! It just keeps getting better and better and better! Hope you are enjoying your b-day week AND that you were able to play tennis!

Peaceful Rainbow ---CONGRATs in the class! Very cool.
Regina - wakeupeager is my website - and part of my biz. My real name is: Suzie. I live in Atlanta,

Glad to report that DH made it into work today -- ice is still on the roads, but safe enough now. Loved having him here -but really like having "my" office back!! :)

Had a funny thought this morning while brushing my teeth,
"If something drastic happened at our house I'd save my DH first, my cat and dog 2nd (I only have funny feet kids) and then I'd come back adn get my new Blend Tec Blender for my Smoothies..."

Silly huh? Made me laugh at myself. What would you save, after the family and pets?

We've been updating all our insurance coverage this week and I track how consistent I've been with my workouts, clean eating and Green Smoothies on my Cathe calendar in the gym -- 14 weeks to-date, daily consumption of the Green Smoothie's --- so I guess THAT"s where the thought came from!

Did Pure Strength Upper Body yesterday ---just combined the two workouts --- an oldie, had not done in a while ---feels like a "new" DVD.

Going do legs from Pure Strength today.

Hope everyone has a great day...

This morning I did biceps and MMA Fusion and then later I did Hiit Pyramid with Nick.

Mary I do A conference. :) I'm an LLL leader and though I haven't lead meetings for a few years now, I'm on the area council and conference committees. For probably the last four years, I've done a nutrition session, but have really wanted to do one on exercise. The majority of the women attending the conference still have little ones and finding time to work out can be a real challenge.

MJ believe me every year just gets better!

Suzie I'm glad things are starting to get back to normal for you there. How do you like Pure Strength? I had them years ago on video and sold them and have never gotten them in DVD. I don't have the Slow & Heavy series either. Oh, and after the kids and the animals, I'd definitely go for my photo albums.

Mary when I do the slide backs with the discs (I still have paper plates) I keep my back leg straight. I'm planning to get Cathe's discs when they come out, which hopefully won't be too long.

Morningstar some people really don't sweat as much as others. I had a grandfather who literally didn't sweat! 2 hours through snow! That's pretty tough even walking. Like trying to walk/run in sand.

Ok, so now I've been asked to facilitate a session called "Love Your Body" at the retreat. The title just makes me think of potential years of therapy. :p I'm 50 and not there yet! I do have the option of changing the title, which I'm working on.

Set up a time next Monday to go to the middle school for a tour and questions so Nick will have a better idea what he's getting into. :D

Hi everyone. Today is a rest from running day, so I slept in for an extra hour, and will be doing STS Legs when I get home from work. Yipppeee. I love the leg work.

Elena - welcome! Glad to have you here with us.

Mary - how did STS Total Body work for you after a cycling class? Did you take some time in between? I started adding it to my rotation as a 4th weight workout for the week. Last Saturday was the first week and I did it after running for a half hour. I took a couple hours break so I could eat and digest before getting into it and it worked rather well. I had done STS Legs after running the week prior, though, and was shaking like mad. I also keep my back leg straight when using the discs. It takes a little practice and the first time through STS, I stayed pretty shallow with them. I had knee surgery a few years ago, so it took a bit of time for me to get down low. I didn't like them at all at first, but now I enjoy them. Except that I use plastic disposable plates and they tend to snag on the rug.

Morningstar - have you seen those new Elliptigo contraptions? They look excellent for cross-training. I checked the price of them yesterday, though... ca-ching! Might as well buy a motorcycle. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.