Workout check in

Well, I nearly got freakin' killed this morning during my run - and I'm not exaggerating. I was about ten minutes into a lovely run when I came to a stoplight. I jogged in place, waiting for the light to change. There was a left advance and a lot of cars turning in front of me. The left advance ended and the walk sign came on for me. But cars were still coming through, so I waited until I couldn't see any more cars and then headed across. This car came fast out of nowhere, turning left directly into me. He didn't see me and I didn't see him. He actually sped up to try to make the turn! It was a silver BMW and that grill was huge as it came at me. I got hit with a dose of pure adrenalin as I sprinted the hell out of the way. I stopped when safe and screamed at him. You could see that he was as shaken as I was- he nearly not only killed someone, but would have gotten jail time for it for sure. He didn't do a damned thing to stop the car - if I hadn't sprinted I'd be injured at the very least. I walked across to the far side of the street and just stood there for a little while, trying to get my heart to stop racing before continuing. I finally started again, but I just couldn't get my heartrate down for the rest of the run. I wasn't even wearing my HRM but I could feel my heart going crazy. In fact, it'll probably spike every time in the future when I hear the song that was playing when this happened. I may have to retire that playlist. What kills me is that I was actually really careful crossing that street, because I could see that cars were ignoring the stoplight.

So I guess you could say I had a really great cardiovascular workout! I'm going to purchase a treadmill soon - a Sole TT8, I think, if anyone has any thoughts on the subject.

I am sorry, this happend to you! Just wanted to sent you a ((((HUG))) that is scary! Be careful!

I am following the STS and STS Cardio rotation so after work it will be STS Cardio CCC. This will be my first time and I am really looking forward to doing it. I am loving this rotation.

I am doing the STS and SC roation too! I was sweating buckets with Shock Cardio Core Circuit today. Have fun!

I just finished 4ds Cardio Power premix (KB/BC) and am completely spent! So fun! Thank you Cathe!!:p

Another girl doin' double duty today...Power Hour this morning, and after work will hit the gym for 40 minutes on the eliptical followed by a yoga class...I up'ed my weights on Power Hour and will NEED the yoga class tonight to stretch out some more! I forgot how simple that DVD is, but the basics STILL work!

MJ in MN

Well, I nearly got freakin' killed this morning during my run - and I'm not exaggerating. I was about ten minutes into a lovely run when I came to a stoplight. I jogged in place, waiting for the light to change. There was a left advance and a lot of cars turning in front of me. The left advance ended and the walk sign came on for me. But cars were still coming through, so I waited until I couldn't see any more cars and then headed across. This car came fast out of nowhere, turning left directly into me. He didn't see me and I didn't see him. He actually sped up to try to make the turn! It was a silver BMW and that grill was huge as it came at me. I got hit with a dose of pure adrenalin as I sprinted the hell out of the way. I stopped when safe and screamed at him. You could see that he was as shaken as I was- he nearly not only killed someone, but would have gotten jail time for it for sure. He didn't do a damned thing to stop the car - if I hadn't sprinted I'd be injured at the very least. I walked across to the far side of the street and just stood there for a little while, trying to get my heart to stop racing before continuing. I finally started again, but I just couldn't get my heartrate down for the rest of the run. I wasn't even wearing my HRM but I could feel my heart going crazy. In fact, it'll probably spike every time in the future when I hear the song that was playing when this happened. I may have to retire that playlist. What kills me is that I was actually really careful crossing that street, because I could see that cars were ignoring the stoplight.

So I guess you could say I had a really great cardiovascular workout! I'm going to purchase a treadmill soon - a Sole TT8, I think, if anyone has any thoughts on the subject.

Oh My God 'morning star' I am SO SORRY that happened to you ! Everytime I hear of a 'cluless , off-in-another-world-driver' I just cringe. I am really glad that you walked away from that unharmed. It's SO unreal how people are just oblivious to what's going on around them while they're driving. I commute to work everyday and have come across some situations that have made my heart pound like nuts as well,so I too have bee there. I agree on the treadmill, sometimes it's best to work out in the comfort and safety of your own home. I like a good outside run as well, just sad that nowdays it's not as safe. I hope the next run that you have is a fun, and safe one. :)

I started my day with an old favorite IMAX2! It was too early for me to handle a run and this DVD certainly did the trick for cardio today. I seem to be bit of a slacker as I only have time for one workout per day!

Completed a sweat drenching combo of Step Moves and MMA Kickbox. I absolutely loooove the new shock cardio dvds, even though i think the hook punch is the nemesis of my left arm....Right arm is perfect, left arm keeps trying to knock myself out! I won this round though, we'll see how it goes next week with MMA Kickbox.

Shelby

I did GS chest and tris this morning! Wow! It looked so easy, but my arms were shaking so badly afterwards I almost couldn't feel them anymore! :eek:

What a great workout!

Good morning Cathe!

This morning I'll be doing 45 minutes of running/walking intervals on the treadmill and this afternoon I'll be doing GS: Chest & Triceps with you! :eek:

Supersets (the TV one, which I think is just about the same) because it just wasn't happening yesterday......:D now I'll swap Sat. for Fri. and that will be that, so......Karate Kid or Toy Story 3? Both? we're just big kids!

Linda :)

Phooey, I missed the Zumba class because Randy needed a good sleep-in. I did Body Combat which was a big time booty-kicker!! Cathe, I bragged that I could do her class because I workout with you!! The instructor was very familiar with you and has a bunch of your workouts! I told her that I got to meet you and workout with you also.... she was jealous!

I give you and your amazing workouts credit for getting me to a place where I was one of six gals who stuck with her very tough workout. A majority of the class left about half way through! :eek:

Last workout for a few days or maybe a week- I need some rest and recovery time. Ahhhhh.

Thank you, Cathe!
Pam

Hi Cathe,

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall during a session with you + trainer + boxing equipment. Now THAT would be a real treat to watch! Hope you made it and had a productive time. After today's cardio, I had a hot date with the Smith machine doing some lunges, plus a little extra work on the side with abductors and adductors.

Good weekend to you and family.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.