Workout Blender Option

Hi

I for one would love the workout blender along with premixes I currently use the workout blender and love the idea of having more than one 6 options.

I vote for NO workout blender, but for the total body compilation!!

My reasons:

1. I didn't use the workout blender option much on the other series ( guilty guilty as charged!!! )
2. IMO - the point of the STS looks to outline a very detailed program for us so we get maximum results - and I trust Cathe to create a 3-6 month program that has enough variety where I won't get bored. If I need to tweak or add on another set, I guess I can just repeat a set on my own or pause the dvd and add another few reps and its no big deal, so I don't find this option necessary....and Cathe has always had enough premixes to keep me occupied if I need to change the order of things, and it looks like the STS will utilize the premixes to create constant challenge and change for our muscles
3. If there is a total body dvd compilation then i vote for putting the workout blender option on that dvd alone bc that should give everyone everything they could imagine!!!

I vote for a seperate compilation DVD with the workout blender option. This way the people that like it/use it can order as a seperate DVD for their collection. I am one that will order - I blend alot of the Cathe's workouts to keep my workouts different

hi its been quite some time since i have posted anything but i wanted to respond to this. i would be for the workout blender option. i'm looking forward to having more cathe workout options. i love the new dvds that i just recieved recently. thanks, cathe

I already voted on this, but maybe I should vote again.

I'm the kind of exerciser who is very attracted to the idea of a "comprehensive, well planned, six month training program". I don't like options or modifications other than weight adjustments. I like to be told what to do and just follow instructions, trusting to the expert.

The whole idea of the blender gives me cognitive dissonance. Okay, maybe that's a bit overdramatic, but you know what I mean. If we're told exactly how to use the WO blender, maybe. If it's an important part of the program, definitely. But I would rather not just have an "extra" tack-on DVD that I don't know how to use. I think it will have the tendency to diminish the quality of the entire package in my mind.

I know many here are saying that they've used the blenders before on other DVDs, but my understanding is that this is supposed to be an entirely different kind of workout. I find that to be very exciting. I hope this makes sense, and I'm not misunderstanding the concept.

Surely the point is that since you have used previous DVDs that feature the workout blender option with no difficulty at all, there would be no problem to you doing the same with the STS system if it also featured the WB. Basically, you would do what you have done up until now: ignore it. So, cognitive dissonance wouldn't even feature.

If the workout blender is there it becomes an invaluable tool for those who desire and/or need flexibility in their workouts. The great thing is that those who do not desire to use it don't have to do a thing. They can just go ahead and use the DVDs "as is", simply by ignoring the WB tool. If it is there for those who need and desire it, everybody wins. If it isn't there at all, only those who don't wish to use it win.

So, which is the fairest route?

Clare

I personally do not use the workout blender for the simple fact that I have such a variety with the Premixes. Just my personal opinion. I love my premixes!!!!! If this slows down the release date of the new system I would suggest, in my personal opinion with the premixes, that I would no benefit by the workout blender.

Just my opinion (and my husbands)!

Yay for the new system! I am soooo excited!

Tanya

Clare, I guess what I should have done is ask why the company is asking us. I guess we can assume that the workout blender has no relationship to the program, or else it wouldn't even be a question, right? It would just be included. What I was trying to say, in not so many words, is that including it is not only extra time and money producing and developing it (which is likely to raise the price of the package and waiting time for all of us), but, in my humble opinion, it actually makes the whole program seem less focused and tight. I think it might clutter up the whole unique concept of the package. At this stage, I thought my feedback might be useful to Cathe & co from a marketing perspective. I'm only one person, but for what it's worth, I'm less likely to purchase a product that reminds me more of a vast smorgasbord than a planned dining experience. It's just my two cents worth, and I put it out there for the sole purpose of giving Cathe & co some honest feedback.

That's fine Nancy.

I could argue, similarly, that adding all those premixes also bumps up the cost of the DVDs. I have only ever used 1 premix. So, effectively, I pay higher prices for the DVDs because of the premixes that everyone else enjoys. I don't complain about it or question their validity. I accept that they are a valuable component of the DVDs for those who love them and there's nothing I can do about it, nor that I wish to do about it. Again, it boils down to: they are there for those who wish to use them, and those who don't can just ignore them. I usually do. So, even though I don't use them, and they increase the cost of the DVDs, it remains a win-win situation.

Sometimes the individual has to accept that something is for the good of the community rather than the self.

If the workout blender is included on the DVDs, it will always be as a side option. Therefore it will in no way "make the program seem less focussed and tight." It simply exists on the menu as a possibility.

All feedback is useful, yours and mine included.

Clare

Clare, I would suggest that you go back and read the description of this program. You keep comparing it to previous workouts, but it does not sound similar at all. The fact that you think the premixes are "extra" indicates that you have not read the description. The premixes are an integral part of this new program.

I was in favor of the workout blender on previous Cathe series, whether I used it or not, because it's a great bonus, and you never know when you might want to use it.

Also, the fact that you feel you should give your feedback to me indicates that you have not read Cathe's blog. In fact, it is Cathe & co who are requesting the feedback. I don't remember requesting any. Therefore, I will not respond to any further posts directed at me.

I hope this little exchange has not had a chilling effect on others posting their feedback. Perhaps a new thread should be started to continue the process.

Just another vote for work out blender :)

I was low on time and wanted to do Step Blast, I was also a little

low on enough energy to do the blast challenge at the end of the work out. So I did WU, combo2, blast challenge, then combo3.
Got it all done in 45 min. thanks to work out blender.
You should see what you can do on the Terminator dvd, all you need to
know is the chapter points (and have a programmable player);-)
It's easy to use and fun }(
I know this new series is a work out system, so I trust Cathe and
company along with all the feed back will figure out whether it
should be included or not. I think it was wonderful they asked for
our thoughts on this.:) Brigitte

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.