Workout Blender and OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Camilapalmeida

Workout Blender used to work fine but after I updated My OS X to 10.9 (Mavericks) it doesn't create videos anymore. When I hit Create Video the dialog box "Creating you video. Please be patient..." but I don't even get the progress bar. And of course my video is never created.

Is anyone having the same problem?
Any idea on how I can fix this?

Thanks!!!

Hello Camilapalmeida,

We have tested the most recent version of the blender (the Mountain Lion version located here) on Mavericks with success. We have tried it on three different computers, ranging from a 2007-era MacBook pro to a 2014 MacBook Pro, with other models in between, and the newest version of OS X seems to have actually cleared up some of the issues.

My advice is to do a clean install of the program (I know this is a bit of a pain, but unfortunately is what is usually takes to clear out all of the necessary files), following these instructions:

WARNING Please note that you will have to re-import your videos and re-create your workouts since this resets your Workout Blender. If you have workout videos successfully created already, you can easily save your "premix" workout videos themselves by dragging them out of your Workout Blender Videos folder and into iTunes or any other folder on your computer BEFORE starting this process. You will not be able to edit these existing workout videos, however, unless you re-create them like you did originally using the Blender.

MAC

1. Exit the Workout Blender.

2. If you are in Lion or a later version of OS X, step 2 is a bit more involved. Apple decided to hide the Library folder in these versions of OS X, so you will need to do a bit of old-fashioned command line programming. Go to your Utilities folder inside your Applications folder and launch Terminal. Once the grey block cursor appears (it will be after your user name and $), carefully type chflags nohidden ~/Library/ and hit return. Quit out of Terminal and you should now be able to navigate here: "Your Hard Drive" > Users > "Your User Name" > Library > Preferences > cathe (NB - if you would like to make the folder invisible again, in Terminal type chflags hidden ~/Library/ )

3. Drag the folder "cathe" into the Trash and you can close all the folders you opened.

4. In your Applications folder, drag "Workout Blender" to the trash, then empty the trash.

5. Restart your computer, then when it is done restarting, re-install the Workout Blender from the link above.

6. Launch Workout Blender and attempt to import and/or create a new video.

Please let me know if this works out for you. We have been having fewer problems under Mavericks than the previous two versions of OS X; hope you have the same experience after re-installation!

I never could get WB to work on my Mac. I just installed the OS X Mavericks update today, and will give your instructions a try within a few days. Thank you so much for your post, Curt. Wish me luck! ;)

This makes me very happy...my MAC harddrive crashed a few months ago, so so I have to start from scratch anyway. I can't wait to use the Workout Blender again. Thanks for all of your work!!

Happy New Year,

I'm running Yosemite, followed the instructions of completely removing Workout Blender and re-installing it, but workouts do not get imported. I can drag and drop them, then the pop up window comes up saying it is importing the file but after 12 hours it is still there but no videos.

Thanks,
Christos

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.