working out during recovery ??...

Autumn68

Cathlete
Cathe:
I have a strained right knee - doc sd rest for 2 wks and just upper body ok, then start from scratch with my cardio/weights for LB. Today is 2 wks, and it still sore and I took a pain pill and plan to try to go on elliptical. I have been doing MMA boxing and real low impact moves when you do LB blitz. I was wondering what kind of lower body or cardio would you recommend for me...I really need to keep going and plan to take it easier than normal. I was just wondering what people do getting back into the swing of things after an injury.
Thanks.
Autumn

Hi Autumn! I'm sorry to hear about your knee. Injuries are so frustrating for us active people. I know you are eager to start back but I have to say if you are still sore, I'm not so sure I would go back to working out your lower body without first consulting with your doctor. He has evaluated the scope of your injury and therefore will offer you the best advice as to what your limitations/restrictions should be at this point in time. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Cathe:
I have a strained right knee - doc sd rest for 2 wks and just upper body ok, then start from scratch with my cardio/weights for LB. Today is 2 wks, and it still sore and I took a pain pill and plan to try to go on elliptical. I have been doing MMA boxing and real low impact moves when you do LB blitz. I was wondering what kind of lower body or cardio would you recommend for me...I really need to keep going and plan to take it easier than normal. I was just wondering what people do getting back into the swing of things after an injury.
Thanks.
Autumn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.