Whoa - Meso 1 way harder than I remember!

jolene_hajj

Cathlete
Started STS over again today - doing a 6 monther this time around. I STUPIDLY thought Meso 1 would be easier now that we've gone through all the cycles but boy was I wrong!! I was DYING! It was way harder than I remember! I LOVED it though. This is what I love about STS - it feels brand spankin new every single time. Totally enjoying it already - really missed STS last week on my recovery week!

Anyone else starting fresh this week on a 3 monther or 6 monther? Anyone else think Meso 1 was harder than you remember?!

Im starting again today too! Meso 1 was a doozy for me last time, as endurance strength work is not my usual way of training, so its always a challenge mentally and physically. I am in the process of trying to talk myself up to doing disc 1 a little later this afternoon. Time to be my own cheerleader to get myself psyched up to start tackling meso 1 today! woohoo! ;)

I am doing a 3 month rotation, but if you or anyone is game to being accountable to eachother I could use group boost along the way.

Enjoy!

Mary :D

I started Meso 1 laast week. What I found was coming out of Meso 3 back to Meso 1 was kind of a shocker in and of itself. What I mean is everything seemed to go soooo fast. I know that is because in Meso 3 there is about 90 seconds between each exercise. I started to get ansy during Meso 3, like I wanted to just get through it, but now I realize that I miss it also.

Don't get me wrong, I love Meso 1 too, but I guess I am just trying to say that there is a place for all of the Meso Cycles. I did really enjoy Meso 1 last week.

I haven't figured out if I will do the 3 month or 6 month rotation. I really wanted to do 14 weeks, then just repeat that again. There is so much in STS that I don't think I will be getting anymore strength training DVD's for a long time to come!

Cheryl

Jolene, I'm still in meso 3, but as soon as I got in a couple of weeks to meso 2, I knew that it would be hard for me to do meso 1 again. That frantic pace! So many reps! Yes, it's going to be tough! Hang in there! :)

-Beth

Did any of you redo your 1rm test or did you just wing it? I am curious about this? I will be finishing up Meso 3 next week then one week recovery then I'm fired up to start all over again. I just don't want to take the time to do the
1rm test again!
congrats to all of you.:)

I have completed STS and am also very excited to start all over, this time for the 6-month plan.

As far as the 1RMs go...I was pretty good about marking down when I truly went to failure in both Meso 2 and 3, so I went back and entered those in the calculator. For the other exericses in Meso 1 that weren't covered by Meso 2 or 3, I do plan on re-testing. There really aren't that many. I figured I would do about 2 weeks of the Pyramids and Circiuts and a day of re-testing and then start all over...can't wait. I can't believe I actually miss push-ups!

Aimee

I have completed STS and am also very excited to start all over, this time for the 6-month plan.

As far as the 1RMs go...I was pretty good about marking down when I truly went to failure in both Meso 2 and 3, so I went back and entered those in the calculator. For the other exericses in Meso 1 that weren't covered by Meso 2 or 3, I do plan on re-testing. There really aren't that many. I figured I would do about 2 weeks of the Pyramids and Circiuts and a day of re-testing and then start all over...can't wait. I can't believe I actually miss push-ups!

Aimee

Same here - I entered my weights as I went along, so adjusting my 1RMs wasn't too bad. Meso 1 was HARD though, I was definitely forgetting how many reps each set was! LOVE IT!

I am in my second rotation of STS . In this rotation, I did find that Meso one was easier (but not easy). I think that it was easier because i knew what to expect. I was also more organized.

I started Meso 1 laast week. What I found was coming out of Meso 3 back to Meso 1 was kind of a shocker in and of itself. What I mean is everything seemed to go soooo fast. I know that is because in Meso 3 there is about 90 seconds between each exercise. I started to get ansy during Meso 3, like I wanted to just get through it, but now I realize that I miss it also.

Don't get me wrong, I love Meso 1 too, but I guess I am just trying to say that there is a place for all of the Meso Cycles. I did really enjoy Meso 1 last week.

I haven't figured out if I will do the 3 month or 6 month rotation. I really wanted to do 14 weeks, then just repeat that again. There is so much in STS that I don't think I will be getting anymore strength training DVD's for a long time to come!

Cheryl

I have to agree Cheryl - going back to Meso 1 from Meso 3 really does show me that there IS a purpose to each meso and I'm glad I can see and FEEL that distinction now. I am even more wowed by STS now that I've done it once and am embarking on the second round, 6-month style. I am much more aware of what each cycle is meant to accomplish...and yes, that means I adore Cathe that much more for creating a strength training regime like this one, it's truly one-of-a-kind!! Love it!!

DH and I plan to do STS again in another month. We are starting Cathe's April 09 rotation today for a month. We have noticed that the weights with a gazillion reps and low ends are still very challenging! ;)

6 month rotation question

Someone please tell me how does the six month rotation work? Do you Meso cycle 1, week 1, then week 1 again or what?

Thanks! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.