Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Ronne, deluxe mani sounds nice! Reminds me, I have a Groupon for brows (including tint?) I need to use. I don't do the mani too often but a pedi is practically mandatory in sandals year round Palm Beach Fl. That being said, I still have my pre London polish on my toes, so usual me, slacking off! I'm due for highlights and a cut, too. So I'm pretty scruffy looking lately ha ha. Congrats to DD on her grades as well.

Mary, did you guys have a fun Superbowl Party? I had to ask the next day who won but it sounded like a good game. But not your team of choice?

Lisa, you know how ramped up I get when it comes to medical insurance. Our system has so many disparities. Best practice is to be self motivated and informed regarding preventive health. Ha ha, good thing we are striving to be "strong and sensible".

Murphy, glad you are better. I can't remember if you got the new workouts?

Tracy, I hope all is well, see ya when ya get here!

Today I did cardio again, ala SF Shred Cardio but I used a hiit timer and blasted for a minute and rested for 30 sec. The pace on that one seems pretty quick for step so I dropped to one riser as well. Then I added a little ab work from power hour and then remembered I should have done the Push from SF not more cardio so I guess that will be next day off which is Sat. Toodles~~
PS my latest Fitbit crumped completely- debating getting another one. At least Fitbit has good customer service.

Hello, have been working out and working. Caught myself a head cold, I’m crabby. Hello to all and hope everyone is well. Mary

Hello Everyone,

I did KCM’s Build and Burn for 6 weeks just walking this week. On Chryday I started having what I thought was pancreatitis pain so I went to my doctor who sent me to a gastroenterologist and Inhave had a bunch of tests some ultra sound HIDA scan endoscope and there is still no definitive diagnosis at first I was told GERD and today he said he thinks it’s my gallbladder. I didn’t have any pain for about five days but the last two have been horrible. I know I can’t have dairy that really sets it off. The weather here has been snowy and we at the Pharmacy keep running out of Tamiflu.

Ronne-that IRS scam was ran on it but DH let them have it because he does our taxes. I called the police department and they said they had several calls regarding this.

Hi all

Jody - that's why I use the workout manager to list workouts otherwise I'd just forget! (the number of times I look at thing every day to remind myself what I'm doing tomorrow!) Sounds like a good system for Shred tho. I also only ever do that on one riser, something would get broken otherwise! Yes, I'm not a mani person but as I've got a voucher... How nice to spend most of the year with sandals on!

Mary - hope you feel better soon!

Roxie - Sorry to hear about your illness - hope you get some info soon. What did you think of the KCM programme?

Xtrain CBS today. I really enjoyed it, pushed myself in places and eased off in others. Proper cold here, wearing layers, scarves, the lot. I actually quite like it!

Cycling Saturday, was pretty windy, went today, was even more windy. Looks like this winter is mostly wind! I was beat today after the ride. I just kept pushing because if I stopped I wasn't sure I'd start again. The other days just a walk and 1 day was a total rest day. I canceled my Peloton subscription so as not to be tempted because I need to be careful of this hamstring, it even hurt one day when I walked. Cold weather is coming in now for the next week.

Mary, hope you are feeling better. I'm so careful to wash my hands after being in public. Thankfully I think I missed the germs from the people at a super bowl party we went to.

Jody, are you being British? Fitbit being crumpled sounds like a British saying?

Roxie, hope they figure out what is wrong. I inherited my mom's genes, I get heartburn just looking at spicy foods (and I love them). Also got motion sick watching the waves in the lake today as we cycled by (yes it was that windy). Even Suki heard the waves and wanted to go see what the sound was.

Ronne, darn I forgot what your post was....

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Well, I can't figure out how to edit my post. Ronne, enjoy your mani.... I'm typically one that really don't like pampering when it requires someone touching me.... I'm so American, I need that cushion of space! I don't like layers, coats, hats, or closed toes shoes...... Yep, you can tell I grew up in Florida! I still like my feet to have their freedom....dh wears socks in the house all the time, I can't stand to keep socks on too long!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Good Morning,

Just walking on my treadmill this week.

Ronnie-they were good workouts but doing them for 6 weeks was kind of boring. I really liked the Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion.

Hello

Roxie - I think doing anything for 6 weeks would get a bit repetitive. I might get the set sometime though when I'm feeling flush!

Lisa - watch that hamstring! Hope it's not too windy for you this weekend.

Today was LISLIC. I haven't done that for ages. I'm not used to doing 50 mins of cardio. I was pretty knackered by the end of it.
Got to do a bit of shopping tomorrow and get a workout in as well as the manicure. Then I've got a couple of days off. DH and I are going away for the night on Sunday while DD is away. Staying in our favourite pub and eating there as well. Then we'll probably do a walk on Monday.
Have a nice weekend, everyone!

Lisa, crump is a hospital jargon meaning to have impending need of life saving intervention usually despite all your best efforts. As in, "I was about to go to lunch but this guy's about to crump on me so I'm going to stick close."
Ronne, you put all your workout plans in the calendar then?
This morning I went for a walk on then sunny side of the street then did some Push muscles; ch, tri, sh and quads. I got a call from mom in the middle of it. She's so angry and depressed, seems mad at my aunt for not being around much, angry at cat from waking her up, angry her friend for not scheduling a longer visit, probably angry at me for not already being at her home today for visit. The cat woke her up last night, she got up screaming at her caller her a little bitch and in her effort to throw her out of her room she lost her balance and hit the ground and knocked her head and back. At the beginning of the story I thought it was going to end with a dead cat. : /

Last edited:
Good morning! Have been working out, cold is better, I’m not crabby anymore!

Jody, that is the best story I have heard all week! I hope your mom is ok! And the cat too!

Ronne, enjoy the weekend, sounds absolutely perfect. I would love to stay in my favorite pub! We can’t do that here tho.

Lisa, I’m with you! Do not like to be touched, especially by strangers.

Roxie, hope the doctors can help you feel better and soon. Sounds miserable.

Tracey, you out there???

Hi Murphy!

Not much this weekend, going to visit with DD tomorrow, have a good weekend, Mary

Hi ladies

Jody - always good to learn new words! Yes, I always use the WM, I like seeing what I've done and I'm also doing rotations at the moment.Your mum sounds like she's going through a bit of a tough time at the moment!

Mary - glad to hear you're better.

Been sticking with the Feb rotation. Yesterday was HR (I did the UB only premix) and today was CCC. I did the whole thing, can't remember the last time I attempted that!
We had a really nice weekend, just hung out in the pub on Sunday, drinking Guinness and reading. Then we went for a 5.5 mile walk on Monday, through several Cotswold villages.The sun was shining and it was crisp and cold, it was just beautiful.
Half term here, so DD's at home and we've got the heating on!!

Hi all,
Roxie, yeah I just now saw the news- school shooting, very tragic and very horrifying. Broward county is south of me by about an hour.
Mary, I should do some cleaning, too! Sometimes I just shake my head at the craziness and try to remember my prayers especially Serenity Prayer comes in handy!
Ronne so envious of your walk with family and lovely area(but not as much the coolness). Jilly and I just watched an episode of Detectorists and they were at Brit. Museum, Sutton Hoo exhibit. I guess I'm still ga ga over all things English.Yep, mom having a tough time but the impatience and temper tantrums are her usual MO. PS I use the Workout manager more for perusing the collection and premixes. I've kept a paper log (scribbles in a cheapy calendar or something like that for about 10 years).
Lisa I biked today, about 10 plus miles in the end. I had to walk my bike and give my knees, butt and lady parts a break toward the end! I saw quite a few herons egrets etc and gators but more yesterday when I was in the same area but on foot. I got quite a bit of sun, too. I'm glowing red.
So my workout was bike ride along the canal that I'd been wanting to do. Yesterday was just a walk, sort of a recognizance mission to evaluate bringing my bike to that trail. I would have walked it but tbh got a little spooked by the solitude combined with gators though it would have been fine. I need to do some weights tomorrow then I'm working Fri Sat Sun Mon. Oh and found a dead baby snake in the house, a red one, not sure what kind or if the cat killed it.

Last edited:
Hi fit babes! I meant to get here much sooner than now but my time isn't always my own! I'll do personals first, then tell you what's up on this end. :) I'm going back a ways so I hope I'm not too stale on the discussions!

Lisa--we have cheap movie nights here on Tuesday evenings, does that entice you and DH to go? I'm sorry that your neck hurts with any weight you lift, but remember your neck has to support that big brain of yours! I so wish I could quilt, I've dabbled in it and I'm a terrible amateur. I'm glad you've got the creative bug! I love it when I'm inspired to be creative. There must have been something in the air about getting mad at DHs. Mine got grumpy when I asked him about something for the grocery list and I said, "You know, I don't have to buy anything for you!" I have a DH who keeps everything inside. Drives me nuts but I let it go. I have motion sickness issues and there's an OTC med that works really well for that--Bonine. Have you tried it? I didn't know you were a FL girl! How long did you live there? I grew up in the San Francisco area but I've adapted to the NW completely. In fact, I've always been a sock girl but I now have to wear shoes all the time because my feet hurt too much!

Hi Mary! Like Ronne said, that is really a sweet thing to do for your niece! That's never been done with my family. I'm glad your dad is home and doing well! My dad moved from CA to southern WA in July 2016 and I am SO happy he's closer to me, I don't worry so much. He will be 86 next month. I don't think I've forgotten to pay bills, but that could be because I'm blocking that kind of trauma! I don't want to pay late fees and interest on anything! I'm sorry you got sick but glad you are better now! I get crabby when I'm sick too, it's such a waste of time.

Ronne, that is awesome you lost your Christmas weight! I avoid the scale most of the time and only get on it when I feel thin. That's not very often! I'm jealous that DH cooks, how lovely! I laughed at your encounter with the scammer, good for you! Years ago, I had a scammer call me and I asked at one point, "where are you calling from?" "Oosa," he replied. I hung up because he didn't say USA. Hmm, I can't imagine not paying for health care, or Rx after 60! I am like Jody, pedis here but only in the summer, and I ignore the hands. I used to give myself manis but it got to be too much work and I needed the time back! I like Cathe's Feb. rotation and plan to do it someday! I'm still on the Beachbody program I started Jan. 15.

Jody, I hope you got a lot of travel money for the overtime you've done! No fun to spend it on homeowner stuff. I have to brag here that although DH doesn't cook or express his feelings, he can fix or build anything. I would loan him to you if I could! I really like your bill paying system when you have those pesky mini tramps! I may do that too. I don't have any hiking suggestions in March where it will be warm enough other than Sedona, AZ but that is a tourist trap, especially that time of year. Other than that, Palm Springs, CA but I've never been there! However, if you head out west, I wanna know! And...speaking of neighbors, the youngin's next door who have 2 kids on a 2 bedroom septic, have rented their cabin out on Airbnb! Did they tell us? No. We're still researching who we should turn them in to. I'm so sorry about your mom's anger, but I really admire how you find the humor in it all. I completely understand why you do not want to take care of a puppy! I saw the headlines this evening about the shooting. Prayers to all affected.

Hi Murphy! I'm sorry you got the crud! Glad you are better.

Roxie, I hope you get diagnosed correctly with what's going on with you soon!

Thank you all for your support and hope about the dream job I want! To answer your questions regarding any news about it---no, no news whatsoever! Last week, I snooped a bit and determined that I did not even make it to the top 2 candidates. An offer was extended to someone and apparently, negotiations are taking place. That's all I know. None of my references have been called and I am so disappointed. I could go on and on about speculation and stuff but it doesn't matter. I am happy where I work now, and hope to be promoted someday.

And, I have good news too! The puppy we wanted to get is OK after all! The second vet did not hear a murmur and he was taken to a doggie cardiologist this past Sunday to be sure. I know that clinics can be scheduled for breeders to check for certain things and we went too, with BB. I thought the clinic would be for all different types of dogs but the waiting room was full of cavaliers! Our little guy was the only puppy. The cardiologist has 2 cavaliers himself so I was thrilled when he said our little guy Riley had no murmur! BB and I are picking him up this Friday. I imagine that chaos will likely ensue at our household over the weekend!

I hope to come back soon, but I may need to establish a routine with the doggie kids before then. Love to you all!

Hello

Tracy - good to see you! Sorry about the job but it's good news about the puppy. Have lots of fun with him. I like the name. Your DH sounds just as much of a treasure! Being able to fix and build things is a real skill. We're always bemoaning how rubbish we are practically.

Jody - Detectorists is fab. I only came in on the last series but DH watched all three. I loved it. Sounds like a great bike ride.

Hi Mary & Roxie.

Did MM today. I skipped the shoulders section to make it a bit shorter, I get to do loads of shoulders. It was nice going back to an oldie.
Not much else going on, DH away tonight so I'm going to catch up with some TV.

Quick log in to confess no wts today, but Ronne I had MM on deck! It was just a nice day, warm and sunny, and my bike rack was already affixed to the car, so I went for another ride, same area but different direction. It was funny though, I saw a couple of guys at the lot, pulling fishing poles out of their car and next thing I hear a whoop and they both set off on skate boards with poles in hand.
Tracy, congrats and enjoy life of Riley, er with Riley. : ) Bad luck about the other, I'm sure they are missing out.
Alarm going off in 7.5 hours, nite all!

Hi all. I haven’t been around much, in an exercise funk. I have been half-assing it, barely doing anything. I don’t know what it is, but I don’t feel like doing anything. I think I might pull out some vintage Cathe and see if that helps. Wish me luck.

Murphy

Mary, my dd saw it this weekend and LOVED! Murphy, good luck, I feel ya, I'm the queen of the half assed workout. Ronne, maybe I will muster some portion of MM today (but see previous note to Murph). Tracy, I noticed some of my airbnb offerings which I have been interested in using warned about not interacting with neighbors since they weren't happy. I'm still thinking about March hike~ maybe/ maybe not to go somewhere. Lisa, how's the hammy? Are you out of commish for awhile?
At work, it's a good thing I usually am off doing stuff and don't settle in the work room for long. It's getting harder and harder to coexist with my coworkers - as dd states, "Their opinions are stupid!" LOL, same goes for my family, too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.