Who Cares? Freaky February 2016

HI girls! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Saturday did Cathe live AT, yesterday did FT with eldest DS, he wanted to try, thought it was rough! Today did a leg workout I saw in YouTube. I hope everyone is well, I will see you all on Wednesday! Mary

Hi all! I did kcm weights skipping legs of course. Got us bicycles for our anniversary, DH went with Suki and I on a 4 mile bike ride. I'm wiped out! The hills are hard when you can't push hard with one foot and can't stand up, but we made it! I sure was huffing and puffing and had to take another shower! Suki enjoys it and is pretty good running in front for a little bit to get her exercise in! I won't be back until Wednesday either, I have pt tomorrow.

Hi everyone

Lisa - great photos! Suki looks so cute in the basket!

Mary - no, you can't drive here till 17, so I don't need to worry about that yet. She's so easily distracted, I dread it!

Don't know what happened to yesterday, just passed me by. Did yoga yesterday, I'm going to do a six week programme trying to improve my strength and endurance. Yesterday was 75 mins. Today did AT, it was fun.
Well, the boiler has packed up after a few glitches last week. We've had no heat since Saturday evening. Heating engineer is coming tomorrow.
Fingerless gloves are out and I've got a blanket over my knees!

Hi all. Ronne, we must be in-sync. I did yoga yesterday too and was having trouble with our heat. I hope you get your fixed soon.
Today was an unplanned rest day. I forgot to reset my alarm. :-( Also, I feel like I am catching a cold. I am trying to fight it tooth and nail. My oldest has been sick and constantly around me so it really is a matter of time.

Lisa - Suki does look cute in the basket.

Waves to all.
Murphy

Hi everyone

Murphy - best not to work out if you're getting a cold, I find it always makes it worse!

Well the heating engineer is due this afternoon. Cross fingers it's simple to sort out. I might get some yoga in later, it depends.

Good morning! Today did to the mat, just didn't feel like jumping around. Ronne and Murphy hope your heat works quickly and cheaply! Murphy, hope you don't get sick! Lisa, how did the PT go? Where has Roxie been? Have some errands to run, band concert this evening. Better get moving! Good day to all! mary

Hi everyone, I've been out enjoying the nice weather! It's been so nice to get out and move! Rode for 5.5 miles today, took a relatively flat route (still 100 ft in elevation gain) and did HR UB premix. PT yesterday, I got the band work to do, this time I'm on the easiest band (level 1) for 10 reps, last time it was level 5 band for 30 reps which killed both ankles. A level 3 band is similar to the Cathe green dynaband. They will give me exercises tomorrow to do on a reformer (good thing I have one so I can do therapy at home too). My ankle/foot feels just a wee bit tingly maybe the tendons are repairing? They said the bike was great for rehabilitating. Mary, enjoy the band concert! Ronne, hope your heat got fixed! We had snow tuesday and here Wednesday I'm able to bike, love Colorado for that type of weather! Murphy, yea you! Hope you feel better soon!

Hello!

Mary - enjoy the concert.

Lisa - sounds like a good workout day. The PT sounds much more gentle.

We have heating again! Got the house nice and toasty yesterday. So glad to have it back. I got my yoga in yesterday but I probably won't get anything done today. DD's bedroom is being painted, so I'm not going to bounce around while he's here! He'll be here tomorrow as well so I've got an unexpected rest.

Hi all. Did a lift it hit ub premix yesterday and a lift it hit it lb premix today. Feels good to be back - sort of. Only lifting max of 5 lbs, mostly 4 lbs. Starting over - again.

Lisa - sounds like a good workout.
Ronne - I am glad your heat is back on.
Waves to all.

Murphy

Waiting around for my PT appt. Murphy, I'm learning to appreciate the weight I can lift now, not the old me. I'm embracing the 2 and 3 lb weights. It's not worth the pain in my neck (and possible harm) to overdo it. No one passes judgment on us (and if they do well then can walk in my shoes a while and then they'll get it). But more likely we try to live up to something and are our own worst critic. I think you're doing awesome!

HI all! Today did hiit 30/30. Lisa, how was PT this week? Murphy, I figure we are all moving its more than a lot of people are doing! I don't lift as heavy as I use to, it still has to do some good . At least I hope so! Ronne, yay for heat! Snowing crazy here! Band concert was nice, it was so soothing I almost nodded off! Good evening to all, Mary

Mary we are having awesome weather! So glad I can get outside, I may be hooked to this biking, rode 5.5 miles, small potatoes but it's a start! Pt said I'm doing awesome, still not cleared for walking as exercise. They are still working on getting mobility in the joint, said exercises work better when the joint moves the way it's supposed to! I'm moved up to a level 2 band and have balancing on one foot for 30 secs.

Hi everyone

Murphy - well done you for doing anything at all! I'm sure you'll get stronger.

Lisa - it's great to find something new you like. And that doesn't seem to cause you any pain!

Mary - any plans for the weekend?

No workout again today. Painter has finished though so I might get something done over the weekend.
Off to the hairdresser tomorrow - I really need it, my hairline is so grey!

Oh wow, boy do I feel so much better! My ankle hasn't felt this good in 6 months! You don't realize how just little chronic pain really drags you down until you get relief! I think the therapist really got the joint loosened up, it even popped once and she said that's a good sign. Then this morning when I was doing some of the pilates reformers exercises she gave me it popped a couple times. I hardly have to think of a way to walk without pain. I sure would like to know why this joint got stuck! Therapist really couldn't say. I'm going to blame previous injury, overuse resulting in tendonitis, muscle guarding and that dreaded age word! Next visit is monday (with a different therapist), I can hardly wait, so excited to learn what to do PROPERLY. I also did KCM Body shop UB premix---that's a nice little premix. I'll bicycle today and hope I can get DH to go with me. Tonight we go out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. Ronne, I never got all that cleaning I planned done, and now that I feel good I don't want to! HA! We have a guy coming to look at our fence, looks like 2 poles broke in the high winds last week, we're dog sitting saturday too (I have furry grandbabies, ha! the best kind !) Mary, keep your snow please! I love this spring weather we are having! Have a great weekend everyone! Wow, so many exclamation points, can you tell I feel better?

Hello

Lisa - so good to hear you're feeling good. Sounds like this therapy is really working for you. I like Body Shop, it's a goodie with some good premixes. Hope you had a nice dinner.

Mixed bag of a weekend. DH was quite ill on Saturday, a bit worrying, but he's fine now.
Got my hair done and did a few bits and pieces in town.
Did a tough yoga session yesterday and then a relaxing one today.

Hi all. Did a rockem' sockem' premix today. It was okay - not really ready for all the punching. I think I would have enjoyed it if I was up to it. I will have to revisit it in a few weeks or so. I am doing the ICE level one rotation. I figure that should be good for me. I am not ready for the blasts or meltdowns.
Thank you everyone for all the encouraging words. They help remind me that it will be okay.

Lisa - glad the pt s working. It feels so good to feel (or start to feel) normal/like our old selves-ish again. :)
Ronne - glad DH is feeling better. Did you do a Cathe yoga or someone else? I am looking for around.
Mary - 30/30, that is a good one.

Waves to all.
Murphy

Hi girls! Today did the original Firm, yesterday was barre, can't remember Saturday! Murphy, I have to admit that one isn't a favorite! I think you have a good plan! Ronne, hope DH is ok! I wish I liked yoga.....Lisa, finding a good PT therapist seems like dating! I'm glad you found a good match! Did Roxie leave us? Hi Jody if you are lurking! I just realized we go to Disney in less than 3 weeks! What!? Thank goodness we finished our financial aid forms for colleg this weekend, 24 hours before the deadline! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi everyone

Murphy - sounds like a good rotation. Did you buy the whole series? I'm streaming videos of a website called Do Yoga With Me. I'm doing a six week intermediate to advanced programme.

Mary - Is this some school/performance thing to Disney? I can't remember. Form-filling, what joy!

Did AB today. First time I've done it in years! It was like having a new DVD.
Forgot to mention, the tax office didn't get my payment at the end of January, so I'm embroiled in negotiations with them to try and hunt it down!

Hi all. Did chiseled UB premix today. I am liking the series so far. I still think XTrain will be one of the my favorites but let's see what this one holds. I forgot to tell you, yesterday my 8 year old says to me, "Mommy, I think I see an ab". An ab - just one. Today she remind me that I do have "an ab". I wish I was half as excited as she was. :)

Mary - forms...yuck.
Ronne - I hoe things work out. I have to get mine paperwork together. Ours are due April 15th. Thanks for the yoga info. I will look into it.

Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.