Who Cares? Freaky February 2016

Ronne

Cathlete
Hello all
Thought I'd get us started with a new month. This means that I've forgotten all the last posts of course!
Had a nice weekend. Took DD to the theatre in London on Saturday night to see a dance show showcasing lots of different styles: ballet, contemporary, street, tango etc. It was excellent. Also had a lovely veggie meal first.
Yesterday I did some yoga and today was XTrain CBS (snap Lisa!)

Hi girls! Totatly forgot it's a new month! Today did XT CLB, a challenge! Ronne, sounds like you and DD had a great time! Hope everyone else is doing well! Survived basketball, thank goodness the season is winding down. I think only 2 more weeks. Just found out a classmates mom of the twins died suddenly this morning. I have known her sinc the kids were in kindergarten. Poor boy must be so heartbroken. She was our age, very scary. Well, back to work tomorrow, I'll see you all on Wednesday! Mary

PUB today. Weekend was blah, horrible headache, neck ache, left foot pain. I think because barometric pressure was really low. Snowing now. Mary, it is sad when it hits close, especially to our age. Ronne, sounds like a fun time!

Good Evening,

I started Fitnessfreaks 8 week full body rotation again today felt good to lift.

Lisa-I think we are going to miss the snow

Mary-you are a busy lady

Ronne-sounds like a wonderful weekend

uploadfromtaptalk1454423097021.jpg
Hi all! Here's our snow February is off to freaky snow for me! Massage today (hopefully she makes it here). Bicep DOMS! From PUB yesterday, it's really helping to work unilaterally, I just rewind for other side, makes for a long workout but I can lift more that way and really work the correct muscle.

Hi all

Lisa - wow! That's a lot of snow! Here the sun is shining and it's a bit chilly. There are daffodils out and one of the plants that flowers in March has flowers on it now! That's exactly why I said freaky.

Roxie - good on you! Which Cathe DVDs are you using?

Mary - how awful! It is shocking when someone dies suddenly like that.

Did LICh all the way through. First time I've done that in ages.
Went to the cinema again last night! Went to see Spotlight. It was excellent. Really powerful and shocking.

Massage was delayed because of the weather so I did B&G floor and ab premix(avoided anything that put weight on feet). Tomorrow will be a rest day. I made an appointment with a podiatrist to see what they can recommend. I don't want to start walking only to end up right back where I was! It's feeling better but still swollen, I have a feeling I may need some orthotics (shoe wear is all on outside of sole). Will see what they say, heck, use that insurance we pay so much for! Ronne, I'd give anything to see a daffodil, I'm starting to go crazy not being able to get out!

Good Evening,

Another crazy day at work the last two days have been wild. I did KCM Cardio Pump Kickboxing this morning. My Dd and grandkids are coming down this weekend and I need to clean house but going to work early doesn't leave me much time.

Lisa-hope the podiatrist can give you some answers.

Ronne-we are not using dvds its w workout from body building.

Hello

Lisa - that sounds like a good plan. Do you do the new ICE floor DVD as well?

Roxie - Is that a good KCM? I don't have that one.

Did Xtrain Bis & Tris. Getting a bit bored with my routine so I'll probably start doing something different next week. Either yoga or metabolic workouts.

Hi girls! Today did a Linds Wooldridge work out. Lisa, that's a lot of snow! 60's here today, so unusual for here! We haven't had hardly any snow this year. Podiatrist sounds like a good idea. Roxie, how fun to hang out with those babies! Ronne, I want to see that movie. So shocking, yet so true! Have to get kids, hope everyone has a good day! Mary

YES! I feel I've finally found the right dr!!!!!! I'll probably take another rest day tomorrow, my glutes and obliques are sore from yestrdays workout! Ronne, I think to the mat has a lot that puts pressure on your foot, but I'll just fast forward through those bits as needed (I'm getting good at carrying around the DVD remote, hitting pause, FF, or rewind!). Here's my report from the dr. I hope you guys like all this info?

Hi girls! I really liked this podiatrist! He seemed extremely knowledgeable and totally explained things.

The right foot is from over compensation (I acknowledge that but seriously the PT should not have caused it to get so bad).

Left foot…..concurs with peroneal tendonitis, he did say that the radiologist report was not helpful (are they ever?). Said there is some “shredding” of both of the peroneal tendons in the left foot. It isn’t torn (crosswise), but there is shredding and that makes it weak. IT is apparent on when I push (evert foot) against his hand that left foot has no strength (right seems good).

Asked about anti-inflammatories….told him of the ibuprofin that the PCP has me on. He wants something else, a better one (good because this dosage of ibuprofin is making me feel awful). Wanted me in an ankle brace (one from them), I wasn’t excited about that as I WANT PROTECTION. He was fine with putting me in a boot and then also giving me the ankle brace for after I get out of the boot. He wants me back in PT, he acknowledged how PT wants to keep you forever and told me to just go for a bit (I agree with this as I think that last one had me start on waaaaay too hard stuff). He wants me to go to where I went for my neck (the guy that runs it is really good, it’s just how they kept having me come in and not address my shoulder knots---so I have knowledge now on how to handle PT and with my advanced age I will make sure they don’t hurt me more----plus it will be interesting to see what they have me do).

He did look at my stance to see about orthotics later. He said I do have the type of foot but wanted to revisit later. High arch and tend to roll out my foot.

So, the course of action is:
Boot for 2 to 3 weeks then transition to ankle brace, at that time start PT
Get on new anti-inflammatory (mobic)
Follow up with him in 5 weeks and will see how I’m doing. If healing well look at orthotics. If not there are 2 options:
  1. surgery to clean up tendons and shredding of tendons
  2. PRP (protein rich something---forget what the other P is), basically they take your blood separate out the good stuff and inject into the tendon----of course insurance doesn’t cover that.
He says peroneal tendonitis responds well with PT so I’m pretty hopeful the other things won’t be necessary.

This dr visit was WELL worth my $40! I’m still fuming over why didn’t orthopedic put me in a boot and a good anti-inflammatory and that PT started me off on such hard exercises (will be interesting to compare what this other PT gives me).

I can at least get around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello

Lisa - that sounds like a good plan. Do you do the new ICE floor DVD as well?

Roxie - Is that a good KCM? I don't have that one.

Did Xtrain Bis & Tris. Getting a bit bored with my routine so I'll probably start doing something different next week. Either yoga or metabolic workouts.

Ronne-I like both workouts on this one.

Hi everyone

Lisa - well that's a very full diagnosis! You're turning into the Bionic Woman - we can rebuild her!

Mary - we haven't had any snow at all here either this year. We do often get it around this time of year but there's no sign of it.

Did GSL today. Skipped a few reps towards the end. Does anyone else get a sore throat type feeling when they're working out hard? Sometimes when I'm feeling the workout, my throat starts to feel a bit funny. It doesn't usually turn into anything just a bit odd.
Really feeling tired now, finding it hard to concentrate on work.

14e8c38d63f619f452ea7b6ba5f50431.jpg
I was going to do UB but woke up with headache and decided to listen to my body and not push it. I may be bionic brace woman but this body really needs to heal! I'm loving being vertical with all this protection but it's best not to overdo it! Ronne, that's a weird side effect, do you breathe hard? I haven't experienced that but do experience sometimes after a deep nights sleep (and DH tells me I snored a lot). Come to find out the PCP told me my throat is very narrow and that's why. Speaking of narrow, I got a skinny comment yesterday, was told I had skinny feet and ankles! Well at least part of me is skinny! Funny thing is they are a bit swollen so once the swelling is down they're probably really skinny! No wonder my ankles have a hard time holding me up! I'm not working out for the rest of the week and weekend. Doing the rest-max instead!

HI girls! Today did RWH LIHI legs. Lisa, holy cow! They have you braced up! Rest sounds perfect for you! Ronne, is it nap time? I know when I work out, I'm a mouth breather and my throat gets so dry it hurts. I keep the water coming! Hi to Roxie, Murphy! You too Jody! We have to go to that wake tonight, not looking forward to that. Good evening to all, Mary

Hi girls! Today did Cathe live, metabolic total body. Hope everyone is doing well. 3 basketball games this weekend. Eldest DS is a contestant in a "Cinderfella" pageant tomorrow night. Should be a hoot! Mary

Hi all

Doesn't look like I've missed much!

Lisa - wow, you really are strapped up! Hope it does the trick.

Mary - I hope you like basketball!! Do you do anything else while they're on? Hope DS had fun!

Well I took Friday off completely. I wasn't feeling very well, so had the day off work and just rested. Got better over the weekend. Did some yoga on Sat and today did RWH LI 2 with abs.
Doing some work that's really making me think! Hurting my brain!

HI girls! Today did a mix of workouts, Some squeeze, Linda Wooldridge. Yesterday did ChUB. How was everyone's weekend? We had basketball, they won 2 out of 3, Cinderfella Saturday night, he came in 2nd, it was very cute, yesterday we watched the game and just hung out. Ronne, no mindless work for you! Have you decided where your travels will take you this year? Lisa, how are you feeling? Roxie, how were the babies? Hi to Murphy and Jody! I will see you all on Wednesday! Mary

Hi all, RWH BSB. Rested the last 5 says! I might get used to that! Ronne, exercise that brain! Mary, sounds like you're enjoying senior yr as much as the kids! Started to get antsy Saturday, must mean I'm starting to get better, still have a long ways to go! What a super bowl, eh? Yea, my team did it!

Hi everyone

Lisa - snap! I did the same workout today!

Mary - have a good day at work.

The sun is out today - what a difference it makes. Even though it's cold, it just feels so much better. Busy working again, got to write answers to loads of Spanish grammar questions, it's taxing my old brain!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.