Who cares - April

Hi ladies

Jody - I don't have a fit tower so can't help you there. Poor DD, I sympathise, we've got similar stuff going on here with DD's exams. It would be lovely to see you in either Costa Rica or London! (I don't think Paris is on the cards.)

Mary - it is a joy having someone to cook for you - I'd starve to death or eat so unhealthily without him. I know I'm very lucky.

Lisa - Go you! You cycling star! Yes, the neck and shoulder is the same side. It felt much better this morning, (it's been sore recently after a night's sleep) so I think yesterday made a difference. It's down the side of my neck and on the top of my shoulder. She also said my right shoulder blade sticks out more, so I'm working on that a bit as well, pulling my arm in closer to my side when I'm on the computer. I felt fine this morning but since my workout it's been hurting a bit. I think it's overhead movements that are bothering me (sound familiar?!).

Did CSS today. I'm going to be off for a few days for Easter, we're off to London tomorrow for an exhibition, then staying at our favourite pub on Thursday and for dinner, then off to see family on Friday. I'm hoping that having almost a week off will get rid of the last bit of shoulder trouble and also my niggling hamstring which has been a long-term thing I've completely ignored but is now becoming pretty permanent. O, the joys of aging!
Have a nice Easter everyone, whatever you're up to. See you next week.

Happy Easter Ronne have fun! And good luck to dd. I hope all our school kiddos have flow and success at the end of this school year.
I did another non Cathe (cardio and legs circuit) and now heading up to Daytona to see Dad but I'll be back tomorrow night.
I also ordered the fittower dvd's. No sense in stopping my collection now~~

Last edited:
Hi ladies! DH and I took a quick ride of 15 miles, coming back up the big hill with headwind was hard, had my highest HR yet, but spinning has prepared me well! Forgot to mention I did CUB Sunday (I need all the credit I can get!).

Jody, Weelllll (she says in her Samatha from Bewitched), it was still nice cycling albeit at a very slow pace! Made me feel like a real cyclist! Plus I'm using this time as an easier day and that's why DH and I was able to ride hard today. It feels so good as a parent when our kiddos succeed in life (of course after all the stress is over!). LOL about a collection, I have stopped :) but my collection of cycling stuff is growing :)

Mary, I must say DH is getting better at cooking with the home chef meals. My oldest DS is awesome in the kitchen because of it too.

Ronne, Oh my, it does sound familiar! That muscle is the levator scalpular. Try to be conscience of catching yourself in the act of holding your shoulder up when just sitting around....we tend to do that when stressed or in my case when it hurts, you raise it up.... Also, neurosurgeon told me anything overhead is hard on the neck. So overhead weights are lighter than I used to use, although I've always been lighter there than Cathe. And now I know why :) Interesting about the shoulder blade muscle sticking out more, what are you doing for it? (I wanna learn), I've noticed my bad shoulder "clicks" more, I think (I could be wrong), it's when the muscle is tight and that clicking is it going over the shoulder blade? Not sure. but when that area starts to hurt it is relieved by holding my elbow close to my body. Hmmm, will have to ask massage therapist about that. I'm sorry you're going through this but I'm happy to have someone to relate and possibly learn from, especially someone as sensible as you!

Forgot to add I did XT BS bi/tri. Feel it a but in neck/shoulder, I probably used too heavy weights last week and this week. Looking forward to massage Monday

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

HI girls! Today did a Cathe live workout. Ronne, enjoy your family time! DD and her roommate are coming home for the weekend, should be enjoyable. Jody, August? Maybe we can do drinks instead of coffee? Let me know! Lisa, consider it an active rest day! Hello to Murphy and Roxie! Just talked to DS, he got an internship in Washington DC, with a Native American company, (we are Native, by the way) with housing and paid. I'm so excited for him! (Jody, he decided against the one with Sherrod Brown, he likes to get paid!). At least he will be closer and we will have somewhere else to explore this summer. Mary

Hello! Today did a YouTube workout, yesterday did ICE boot camp. I hope everyone has a blessed Easter! I won't be around until Monday or Tuesday, just excited to hang with DD! Mary

I'm beat! So, Thursday I did XT BS CBS, I think I'm lifting too heavy for what my neck can take as it was not happy. I need to be happy enough lifting what I can now and not what I used to. Anyways, neighbor and I went for a 21 mile bike ride Friday, she's doing really well, even if she is a bit slow, she says I'm a good coach :) We had a great time, that's the most important part, right? So then today, Saturday, DH and I did a 32 mile ride, the darn wind made it hard and I am thoroughly spent! Hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend!

Hello girls! Hope everyone had a beautiful Easter! We hung out with family Saturday and Sunday. Very nice. Today I did Cathe live cardio core circuit, it was hard! Harder than the original! I will avoid that one in the future! Hope everyone is well, talk to you tomorrow! Mary

Hi ladies! Dh and I took a bike ride Sunday had to cut it short because of a flat but I did ride 20 miles. I learned how to change a flat then the neighbor and I set out this morning, 3 miles later another flat, dh picked us up,and the neighbor learned how to change a flat, went out again 2.5 miles another flat! We walked home. Went to bike shop because they hadn't out in the tire liners I had paid for, asked wth am I getting all these flats am I changing the tire wrong? Verdict, I was lucky to get over 200 miles with no flats and the last 2 is just coincidence that I ran over thorns. Now my tires have liner and sealant I sure hope that works, I guess the positive is that I now know how to change a tire, albeit it takes me an hour and I feel I have ruined my mani! Mary, I don't blame you for avoiding that! I'm so surprised how strong I feel up these hills, I guess practice does make perfect! Lots of practice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi guys, I did a couple of 30 min workouts this week and 9 to 10 K steps on my workdays- plus I take the stairs quite a bit, I think I got 20 floors in one day. Lisa, I wish I could feel confident about changing a flat! I hope you've had all you will get for awhile. Mary, you've got quite a selection w/ the Cathe Live. I think you do well w/ all that variety. I tend to get overwhelmed w/ choices. Ronne, I've been watching Escape to the Country to stir my wanderlust. Do you ever see it? We've rethought our timing on London and now are thinking Oct. Easter was OK w/ my mom and dd. My Gator is coming home next weekend. She's still crunching all her exams and projects but I think things have calmed down a bit. Waves to all and good luck w/ goals and rotations.

Hello fit babes! I've been reading your posts and if it is OK with you, may I join this group? What first attracted me was the title of your thread--I LOL, and love that you all are sensible! A little about me--I collect all of Cathe's DVDs and ordered the fit tower ones as well. This despite my exercise occurs in my office at work and my tower is not there. :confused: I have shoulder issues for which I see a massage therapist (well and leg issues too from running with my dog) and I often loosen things up by using a foam roller, tennis balls, and taking my fingers and finding places that hurt and pressing until the muscles relax. I find pain in my ribcage that relates to my shoulder all the time!

Lisa, your bike rides amaze me, I'm sure I would be like your neighbor! From your photo, were you at the Daytona RT in 2014?

Mary, I'm glad you aren't going to do the live Cardio Core Circuit again, I won't do that one on dvd! :D

Was on vacation last week and I don't do workouts on vacation so I'm starting off slower this week--ICE CUB today.

Have a great week!

I came back to add to Mary WTG to son and his internship!!! It's awesome that he had choices and the DC opportunity sounds perfect. I want to go there, too!
Welcome, Tigger! Lisa and I both went to Daytona. Are you going back? I ordered the fit tower dvds as well.

Hi everyone

I'm back. Lots to catch up on!

Jody - October's nice as well. Avoid half-term which is usually around the third week. The beginning of October the weather can still be really nice. No, I don't watch that programme but my mum does! She watches all those house programmes. I don't feel I'm old enough yet ...

Welcome Tigger, nice to have you with us.

Lisa - bad luck with the flat tyres, what a nightmare! Yes, you can think of your rides with the neighbour as rest days. Re the shoulder, the osteopath said it could just be the way I'm built, not necessarily what I've done but she did say I should keep my elbow in close to my body when I'm using the mouse which will keep the shoulder blade more tucked. I've also got a stretch to open my chest on that side a bit more. It's definitely the overhead movements, in cardio and also with light weights at speed. If I'm just lifting weights for strength it seems to be OK.

Mary - hope you had fun with the family. Hope you don't mind a personal question but your family is Catholic as well isn't it? Is that common to be Native American and Catholic? I'm just curious. Well done to DS, sounds a great position.

Well, I've enjoyed my time off, been busy seeing family and friends. Got back to exercise today with ICE BCC. I'm doing the ICE/S&S rotation. I think I've put a bit of weight on and feel like I need to be a bit more focused with my workouts. I really struggled today, had to take a couple of breaks which I never normally do with this workout. I think carrying a couple of extra kilograms is slowing me down. Hoping that decent lifting will help and I'm also cleaning up my diet a bit. Think I've fallen into a bit of a snacking habit! I seem to have written an essay so I better go!

Hi all. Was away on spring break last week. I am working on an XTrain rotation. It is going slowly. The time off has screwed up my sleep cycle and I am not getting much done - except eating!

Waves to all.
Murphy

Me again, I did Push Pull. Ronne thanks for the October feedback. LOL over old person's TV!

Editing to say I've booked Ohio w/ mom in Aug 8-12. Maybe rent a bike and do the tow path or more CVNP hike, possible Cedar Point? Mary, coffee or drinks? Oh and see family!

Also booked 4 nights in London Oct 5 to the 9th w/ eldest DD. We want to see museums and ??? Open for ideas- but most of the classic tourist stuff. Ronne maybe we can have tea!

Mary, yes I got a fit tower a long time ago from Amazon. I rarely use it!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! So busy here! Today did a Cathe live, metabolic something. Murphy, did you go any where for break? Ronne, some days are harder than others, sleep, food, mood. Yes, we are Catholic, back when the missionaries came they converted the Natives, hoping they could save their souls. Not sure if it workaday! Lol! Hi Tigger, nice to meet you! Jody, do you have a fit tower? I want on Earth! Didn't order tho, on a budget! Lisa, impressive on the tires! I know I couldn't do it! (Or to be perfectly frank, nor do I want to). Hello to Roxie and Hannah's! Gotta get dinner going, taco Tuesday! Mary

Hi again! Thank you all for the welcome! My name is Tracy, I forgot to mention that! Jody, I am not going on the Daytona RT this year, are you? I live in WA state so it's a continent away for me. :)

Lisa, awesome job on those tire changes--sorry about your mani! I'd probably try to call AAA if I had a bike flat. :D

Mary, can I please come over for Taco Tuesday? I don't cook much on weeknights. Oh, to be honest, I don't cook at all on weeknights--no kiddies to worry about and DH takes care of himself. I am lucky that way.

I'm envious of your travel plans Jody!

Hi Murphy, I can sure feel my time off last week doing some ICE workouts this week. CLBB today, I think that's what it's called.

Hi Ronne! I have to be mindful of using my mouse too. It made a difference for my shoulder to keep my elbow close to me. My snacking habit is peanut butter on a spoon. It's my comfort snack! I probably shouldn't have a jar of it at work....

Gotta go, talk to you fit babes soon! Tracy

Hi all, wow, so busy here! If I miss responding to something forgive me! Neighbor and I did a 25 mile ride yesterday, it was so nice, she is really doing well on the hills (she says it's her excellent coach :) ) Today starts a windy day, then rain so will be doing spin, still plan on a 1 hr spin after I walk the dog (she's been neglected since I can't take her on my regular bike. I'm sure I could handle her 15 load but my bike has a bar across the top and to get my leg over I have to lean it over and swing it behind the back tire (limber I am not, never have been no matter how I try). Anyways, to the personals.

Ronne, I have the most difficulty with arms out in front moves, like front raise. And keeping arm close really helps (why I can't be reaching with arms too much on bike). My massage therapist said the muscles in my back (right where it hurt when they stretched them when the did the fusion and added space (like a 1/2 inch), is getting stronger and better tone, but agreed, that I'm on the right track with listening when I go too heavy and lighten up...guess adding 2-3 lbs was a bit much, I'm now reclassifying myself instead of a weight lifter and going heavy to a cyclist with keeping just enough tone in the arms/UB. We didn't do in our 40s what we did in our 20s, so why should I be doing in my 50s what I did in my 40s, right? Wow, what a mind shift!

Jody, you are becoming a world traveler! I sat at the airport waiting area for my sister's return flight last night for 90 min in the heat! 78! LOL! Airports ugh, I'm becoming a home body!

Murphy, I've been sleeping like a baby with all thee long rides outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine!

Mary, I don't want to change flats either. This whole experience has me a bit worried when I take off with Suki on my ebike for a long ride and DH is out of town. AAA to the rescue if anything happens.There's no way I could change a tire on a heavy ebike with a dog that is spastic.

Tracy, welcome to the group! Jody answered the question about the RT :). I'm only using Cathe for lifting these days and I have to be mindful to not compare myself to her anymore. I used to lift close to what she does, now I'm about half as much. My 3 level neck fusion (maybe you remember me from the RT as the one that had the scarf around her neck), really limits my ability to lift heavy.....the ache about 12 hrs later in my neck isn't worth it....hard to know how much to stop at when it doesn't hurt while doing it! Anyway, back then cold air would cause my neck muscles to spasm even a yr after my surgery, today, I can handle cold air, sure has been a slow healing process. Then I had to stop Cathe cardio as I have an ankle issue, caused by and extra bone in my foot/ankle. Still recovering from ignoring the pain from overdoing, hence why (Jody that was for you) I'm cycling like a maniac...was the only way I could move and then I fell in love :). Love our trails here in Colorado (you won't find me on busy roads!), and I really like the Peloton app for spinning. DH and I enjoy cooking the home chef meals, otherwise we're miserable cooks.

Off to get the dog walked, then I'll hit the spin bike, looking forward to a bit of spin after all these outdoor rides. I'll be doing the last sing along spin class so if you hear some sick cat, that might be me :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.