Who cares - April

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone! Hope everyone's April got off to a good start. Probably a busy start since no one has started the thread yet.

I took total rest days, Fri/Sat/Sun. My knee has been bothering me so I'm trying to be smart and rest it! Friday I was just tired anyway, Saturday was busy, went to bike shop to get handlebars higher---it's still in the shop, the guy that helped me was very helpful with my bike fit and they are having a ladies night in a couple weeks, so my neighbor and I will go...we'll get to learn to change flats and who knows what else! Sunday I had an awful migraine, then it rained Sunday night....I knew it probably would based on my headache! Was busy with DS and his move into his house off and on all weekend, they seem so happy! Monday DH is off to SF again, I'm missing him already! I did RWH CH/SH/Tri and Core1. Then I did major mopping, I resisted the bike, my knee is feeling normal again but I'm making sure it's all better before I do more cycling. Then I think I may need to cycle a bit less, I guess eveery day was a bit too much.

I've rattled on long enough. Hope all is going good for everyone else!

Hi Lisa

Thanks for getting us started this month. I think we should rename this group Sensible At Last! Couldn't you join DH on his trip? I'd love to go back to SF. I also had the weekend off. I went to the osteopath yesterday and she was great. There's nothing specific wrong, just real tightness all over the right side of my neck and top of my back on that side. She really worked on it and also made a couple of things crack! It's already made a difference. I'm going again next week. So today I tried some UB work as she cleared me for it (apart from overhead stuff). I did ICE CUB and skipped anything that didn't feel right. Felt good to lift some weights again. No bad after effects as yet.

HI all. Stationary bike today. Short on time. Why does the morning go so fast?

Waves to all.

Murphy

Hello! Sorry to have been missing, today did ICE upper body, yesterday was yoga, I had walked a total of 28.5 miles this weekend, legs (and hips) were not happy! I survived the Airbnb! It was nice, did feel like I was camping tho, it was literally a mattress of the floor and an overhead light, maybe not camping, prison? Lol! Got to see my baby boy and got to travel with my girl so worth it! Tho, I thought I had maybe a sinus infection, no went to dentist today, I need a root canal, grrr. Murphy, why does time go so fast in general? Ronne, glad you are feeling better! Lisa, be careful! You don't want any other problems! Hello to Jody and Roxie! Gotta get dinner going! Mary

Hi all! Knee feeling good do 1 hr of spinning. We got 8 inches of snow but did a slushy walk with the dog. Ronne, lol on title suggestion! Glad you are doing better, I always used to crave that cracking to ease neck pain, even had to search out a chiropractor when I was skiing when I was 20. Since being fused I no longer have that feeling. I'm not suggesting fusion, just that I lived like that for 30 yrs! Murphy, when you want time to Ho fast it doesn't! Mary, they should give description or pics of what you're getting into. I can't believe someone would think that is ok, glad you had fun.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hello

Mary - that does sound very basic! I've never stayed anywhere like that. Hope you didn't pay much. At least you enjoyed time with the kids.

Lisa - glad to hear knee feeling better. Snow!

Hi Murphy!

Cardio today. I pulled out an oldie SJP, step and hilo premix. Everyone looked so young! Work is picking up again. I've been twiddling my thumbs a bit recently and now it's looking like it's going to get busy again. No complaints but it's hard to switch my work head on again.

RWH back/sh/bi and 30 min spinning. Snow almost all gone, now just mushy mess on the trails. Ronne, never thought about going with DH, I guess because I've been to SF enough, in the 1990's i'd travel there for business for programming work on the child welfare system. In fact they offered to move us there in 2000. I don't even miss work anymore! I've been retired 3 yrs now!

Hi all
Mary you made me LOL with description of your airbnb!
I only did the one w/o last time I posted in March, slacked off the next two days, then did 5 shifts (12 hours all). Then a total rest day Mon, then squeezed in a walk pushups and abs while I was getting my car serviced on Tues. I worked an extra shift yesterday, off today then on next 3 days. I get about 9K steps in on work days at least. <-- long winded way of saying no workouts. My mom is doing better since getting her thyroid levels down but that's been a time suck as well. But I'm so glad she's feeling better.
Ronne, I like that name too, or "making it work" or "doing what we can" or something in that spirit for me. Hurray for taking care of yourself, glad you are better.
Lisa I hate you you retired Bi***. :D JK
Murphy where does the whole dang day go???

Hello

Lisa - lucky you! Did you like it there?

Hi Jodie - just spotted your post! I'm amazed you manage to fit anything in!

Just did some yoga for stretching shoulders out. Got some washing hanging out as the weather's good!

Ronne, how bad would London be for tours and vacay over 4th of July? I'm trying to do something w/ dd. Travel in mid summer and around that holiday seems too crowded but that is when she has the time off from her job.

Hi girls! Did today's Cathe live, fun. Jody, you must be exhausted! That sounds like a brutal schedule! How do you do it?? Ronne, jealous of your weather! Snow is starting here. Lisa, 3 years? Time flies! I figure maybe 15-20 years more. I don't want to think about it! Hello to Murphy and Roxie! Gotta figure out what to feed the three of us, I wish it would just appear.....

Almost forgot to check in! 20 mile ride outside with Suki, we enjoyed the gorgeous weather, trails weren't too muddy either! Jody, 9k steps totally counts as a workout! Ronne, yes it was nice but ya know, nothing can beat Colorado in my eyes! Mary, I do like home chef because it takes the guessing out of what to fix and I don't have to shop for it! Man I'm getting lazy in my old age!

So, what do you guys make of this. Neighbor wants to cycle and tells me many times , we tentatively set it for today, she send text saying she's still sick (it's been 2 weeks) then texts me later saying she might not have gotten any exercise done but that she got taxes and cleaning done. So, does she really want to get in exercise? I'm trying to motivate her but it's exhausting reaching out all the time and I wonder if she is just giving the I want to get in shape speech but doesn't want to act on it.
And on another thought, yea, I had to push myself to get out today and I didn't cycle hard (used pedal assist) but I got out and I felt so much better!

I don't know what I'm asking and this typing is hard on a phone! [emoji16]

Hello all

Jody - London is busy all year round to be honest, but it's not school holidays here then so there won't be so many British tourists around. It's not a holiday or anything so probably as good a time as any to visit. If you want any more help just pm me.

Mary - Snow as well? We're set fair for the weekend, it will probably get to 20 here on Sunday. Makes a change to make you lot jealous with weather!

Lisa - good workout. I'd give the neighbour another chance to go cycling and if that doesn't work out, give up!

Another oldie-ish, Slide and Glide. Nice to do something different. DD finishes school today for Easter holidays, two weeks off but she's going in quite a lot for exam revision sessions. Her big national exams start mid-May.
I'm also going to take a bit of time off over Easter. No great plans this weekend. Hoping to drag DD out for a walk on Sunday with the weather being so good.

Hello! A barre workout today. Lisa, I would probably wait until she asks again? Ronne, fingers crossed for DD! Hello to everyone else! Again with this dinner thing.....every dang day!

Busy day today. Got bike out of shop, took it for a spin, need to try it out more tomorrow. Today was 13 miles on a route I haven't ridden but once or twice so a bit stressful as I tried to figure out where I was with no phone mount on bike. Thanks for input on neighbor, she already texted me this morning about getting a biking plan together, so I guess if she doesn't have days already set aside for it then it's the first thing she cancels? So we are doing mon, wed and fri to start. She said what I good friend I am to work with her to get her stamina up. Then I mention hike that my hiking buddy and I are going to try a couple hikes to see how my foot holds out, she wants to go on those too. We'll see how this latest plan goes. I did drop hint to her husband that she needs a good fitness tracker and that he should get her one when they get his this weekend (she seems to need justification to get one like birthday, etc so I just dropped big hint right to the husband!). She says how he wants her to get her fitness back up (I guess she used to teach spin classes). It's late, I'm tired, should hopefully sleep good tonight! I did last night too, barely able to get up this morning stayed up too late waiting for dh to come home, went to sleep at 11pm!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello

Mary - it's great having a DH that cooks, I just don't have to think about that at all!

Lisa - sounds like you've got things sorted out with your neighbour. Now, she just needs to turn up!

No workouts for me over the weekend, my shoulder was starting to hurt a bit on Friday so gave it a complete rest. We did do a 5 mile walk yesterday though. The weather was gorgeous, 23 degrees, sunny, blue sky. Glad I had suncream on.
Went back to the osteopath today and she worked out some more stuff from my neck/shoulder area. I've got loads more mobility in my neck now. I don't need to go back but she suggested regular check ups every 6 months which I think sounds sensible.
Going to do some yoga today.

HI everyone! DH did a 24 mile bike ride Saturday, it was a beautiful day and I even passed some cyclists , even up a hill! (that always makes me feel good because I get passed so often) Sunday it was so blustery so we cleaned the garage (I'm counting it as a light workout :) ). Today my neighbor and I went on a ride, she did pretty good! Made it up the little hills I took her on, we went 18.5 miles and 500 ft elevation gain. I did have to go a lot slower that I normally do, so therefore didn't get a good heart rate up.

Ronne, where is your shoulder starting to hurt? I always get worried when people have neck pain and shoulder pain. DH has been having issues as well. The massage therapist worked on him and said C5 is tight, well, then his right rear deltoid he says has a pulling sensation. WEll, C5 is that exact area and where mine was hurting (would get shooting pain). He goes to the primary dr on Thursday, I told him to mention it because while we have good health insurance it'd be good to have imaging done to see what could be going on. Is your neck pain on the same side as your shoulder pain too?

Hi to everyone else, a bit windy here today (nothing like yesterday, we had sustained winds at 50mph!), the rest of the week is just supposed to get nicer and nicer, ah spring!

HI all! Today did a Julia workout and cleaned the house. Also getting ready to go mow the grass! Dang neighbors did their's now we look like the lazy ones! Ronne, I'm jealous of your DH! Mine isn't home too often, so right now it's just youngest DS and I, at least I can make grilled cheese for us! Lisa, so glad about your neighbor! Hello to everyone else! We went from winter, freezing to 80 degrees now, crazy! Good day to all! Mary

Hi everyone! I did a non Cathe dvd today. I wonder if I should get the fit tower dvds? I have the fit tower, but I don't like barre. maybe the bootcamp one? I'm so anxious about dd getting her proposals and presentations done for her internship and her finals completed. She's so stressed out and upset. Ack! I'm getting some ideas from a travel agent friend of my dad's for London. I also see some 250 dollar flights to Costa Rica. And some 400 to ones to Paris. Ronne, I feel like I'm stalking you! Don't be afraid of me! Mary, my aunt used to have big 4th of July picnics but they were sometimes very cold and usually rainy, wth? Lisa, did you enjoy the neighbor vs mind the slow down? Mary I think I'm coming back to OH in Aug with my mom, around the 8th. Nite all

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.