Which Imax 3 interval is your toughest?

NathL

Cathlete
I'm curious: which one of the Imax3 intervals do you find the hardest?

Let me first say that I don't the all 10 intervals at once. I don't think I would survive!!! :7 I have them on Hardcore extreme. So I mix & match them with the Low max segments to suit my level of energy.

All 10 intervals are hard but for me, the hardest is #7 where you do jumping jacks going down the step. Ouch! #5 with those plie squats is not an easy one also!

Nathalie

I have just recently gotten to the point where I can do the whole video without taking long breaks between each interval. Hard stuff! Anyway, for me, I think the hardest is the plie (sorry if that wrong... can't spell :p) squats. I wanna say its interval 5?

Yes that one is tough. I often do it at the beginning when my legs are not too tired!!! :7
You are good to be able to do the whole 10 intervals. Wow! I still have a way to go before I can do it.
Nathalie

I think it's #4 where we jump the length of the step, to the side, turn, tuck and ricochet...that one gets me every time. Funny how we are all so different, I like the pliee jack interval and #7, although I go down to just one riser for intervals 1 & 7, It took me a long time to love IMAX3 but I really do love it. It's quick and dirty!!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

I'm with endorphin, I think interval 4 is the hardest.....I've considered pulling out my old step (you know...the shorter one???) for that interval...lol

Another vote for 4. I'm only 4"11 and I just can't jump the length of the step. I know that is not a good excuse but I go with it. I end up moving a little foward when you do the jacks so I don't have to jump sideways over the step.

Farrah

I'm with Laurie.... those jumps and tucks are so difficult for me! I can't remember all of the blasts at the moment, but the mention of that one makes me tired....

-Beth

I think interval #1 is pretty tough, considering it's the first one out of the gate.

The 1-2-3 punch of intervals 4, 5, and 6 strung together is pretty killer, but if I had to pick one interval that was the toughest, I'd say interval 6. Interval 4 is killer, but you get just a bit of a respite with the a-steps and sidesteps whereas, for me, those wide lunges are killer every time I do that workout. And perhaps interval 6 seems a bit tougher since it's the one right after the plie jacks.

Interval #5 The Dreaded Plie Jack interval is the toughest for me (although, after having done it so many times it's a tad LESS tough, only to the extent that I always know I'll be able to finish it, quite different from when I was starting out with I-Max 3), followed closely by Interval #4 that many have mentioned above.

That's why I like 'em.

A-Jock

Number 5!}( Those plie jacks make me so mad, but that is good, it forces me to finish the whole thing. Sometimes I make it, sometimes I do not, and I know I am not jumping as high as Cathe is!:7

For me it's interval #4. I am good with jumping up but not forward! :) I've probably done this workout 100 times and I still cannot master that interval. For me, intervals like #7 are my favorites and very doable! Yes, to each their own! :)

Jo

I had forgotten about #4! It's not in the HCE #2 workout that I do and when I mix & match, I tend to forget this one. :D (I wonder why...!!! LOL) It is tough.
Nathalie

Any interval in Imax 3 is the toughest for me ;-) Believe it or not, I pre-ordered that entire series and IMax 3 is still in the original shrink wrap. I'm too afraid of injury to try it and too lazy to sell it.

Sarah;-)

For me, its interval 3. It is the only one I don't do, because I don't like it at all! I don't even know why. I will do 4,5, 6,7,8,9 and 10 twice through sometimes, but i despise 3. I actually always do a coupla blasts 2 times especially when I skip this one.

Andrea

I have come to really love the blasts in Imax 3...I have always love the blasts. They are so challenging. However, as the post above writes, I too make up my own workout with the blasts using the mix &match option. Here is the workout I do: (in this order)

blast #10, 2, 3, 8, 6, 10, 5, 10, 5, 10, 6, 8, 3, 2, 10

I make it be an interval style workout. In between I either march or add in light leg exercises such as walking lunges, step-ups, etc. It's a really good workout for the legs and it's fun. I have also done the same thing with Imax 2 blasts. I seem to be different than everyone else though, becuase I really love the hard blasts, especially the plie squats. If I had to choose, my least favorite would be blast #9--to easy and I don't get the point of it!

Take care,
Kristen

I haven't done IMAX3 in a while, maybe I'll do it tomorrow now that you guys reminded me of it. For a long time after I got it I would do 1-5 twice through just because by the time I got around to 8-10 I was so fatigued that the choreography tripped me up & I got very frustrated. Then I would do 6 - 10 twice. I have gotten to the point where I go straight through.
I would say anything after 7 kicks my butt since I'm pooped by then.
Do love all the IMAX dvd's, love that style of workout!!

Tami

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.