Which Barbell

Bonne

I am looking to finally purchase a barbell!!! I need to find the best price that I can, as I don't have much $$$ to spare...which barbell do you all prefer? Padded or not??? Where can I find the best price...just need the barbell, will (hopefully) buy the weights locally (to save on shipping). I now Cathe said for one of the vids they used the TroyLite barbell, any of you know which one...the aerobic barbell maybe??? I had no idea buying a barbell would be so difficult :( Also which collars does cathe use in the MIS vid... just as a point of reference, are those the one I want or don't want???

Thanks in advance!

I have Troy Lite Barbell which I bought at www.fitness1st.com. It's not padded, but I buy a barbell pad for my leg work. I also bought Bollinger Sliplock for the collars -- they are sooo easy for changing plates. I think padded barbells are a little too big for upper body work i.e. bicep curl, etc.

If you do a search on "Barbell", you might find more answers... and probably help you make your decision.

Haslina

I just got my first barbell last week. It is an Ivanko aerobics bar, padded, and I got it from Orthotechsports.com (ordered it on the phone, 1-800-266-4967). I researched everything and that was the best I could find. I also second the Bollinger slip locks - questioned everyone and found them to be easier than the spring clips. I got my plates at Play it Again Sports. Last night I did my first Cathe barbell video, Power Hour. My endorphins were flying when I was done. And I'm so sore today it hurts to type. Hey, you're gonna love this, I know I do!!! - Kath

Another Vote For The Ivanco Aerobic Bar

I got mine two weeks ago and have slooowly been easing myself into using it.

The Ivanko Pressure Ring Collars are very good and very easy to use. Unfortunately, Paragon Sports initially screwed up my order and gave me an open package with ONE ring collar, but I got the full set that I paid for this week.

Cathe's strength training videos are *excellent* for learing how to use a barbell. No offense to Firmies, but those tapes are the *worst* for people like me who are just beginning to use a barbell. The moves are entirely too fast and there's too much potential for injury.

I'm going to be brave and try MIS next week... with little 5 pound plates at each end! LOL!

RE: Another Vote For The Ivanco Aerobic Bar

I have the Ivanko also, and I love it! It is a little bit bulky for upper body work, but as soon as your forearms get a bit stronger it's fine. And this bar is HEAVEN for lower body work. :)

Good luck!

Erin

RE: Another Vote For The Ivanco Aerobic Bar

Thanks all for your advice...it was very helpful! I can't wait to get a barbell now, I think it will really make the difference in my workouts!

Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.