where do you get workout clothes?

My favorite is www.athleta.com, it's a little pricey but they sometimes have great sales and the quality is worth the money.

I also get my w/o clothes from Target and nike.com

Carola

I don't have a favorite, I get clothes from everywhere. I like Nike and Sugoi brands, but most of the time I'm too cheap to pay full price for it.

I did find a pretty good site, www.sportsbasement.com Its kind of an "odds and ends" type of site, but you can get some really good deals on the quality brands. You might want to check it out next time you are internet surfing.

Take care, Lynn M

I have been lucky and have found good deals on Nike and Adias on sale at Nordstrom. For sports bras, Champion usually has a good sale (19.99) for sports bras a couple times a year.

Lately I've been buying most of my stuff off the clearance rack at Dick's Sporting Goods. I also visit the Nike Outlet every now and again.

Thanks to all who posted links.

I find most of my stuff at Dick's, and less often, Sports Authority. I have picked up a few Champion tops from Target but found I do *not* like the Champion bras... Re: Dick's, you can get good deals on their sale racks and if you are a Scorecard member (free), you get coupons and gift certificates when you spend X amount.

thanks for all the good ideas! when i run i have found my nike tops are much more comfortable against sweaty skin than the ones from target. but you can spend a fortune on clothes! and it seems like they're getting really cute - always a motivator to excercise for me! i like to reward myself that way. i've looked at athleta and LOVE their stuff - haven't tried it yet.

LauraMax,

Thanks for the tip about Planet Body. I'll have to swing by and see Don at sandiegofit.com and try some Planet Body clothing. :)

I hate to shop in stores! I shop online, my faves?

Activasport-for workout clothes
titlenine-for workout clothes--plus both have easy return/exchange policies and ship promptly
Zappos-for shoes, the best hands down for shoes, and they now have workout stuff too!!
I like the Nike pants with the light blue/white waistband , I got a pair at activa, but other than that, Nike fits me weird...sometimes the meduim is to big, but the small is too small and really short in the legs I hate that! But these pants are perfect and do not dig into the sides of your waist creating the dreaded squishy roll effect!!:)

I buy whatever is pretty and on sale. I don't think I've bought ANY workout wear at full price, except for some cheap stuff, but I prefer getting higher quality stuff on sale.

I've gotten some things from Walmart (a couple of $3 camis), Target, Dicks, but I also check out online sales.

I used to get quite a few things from Carushka during occasional sales, but since they've come back (they were out of business for a while, because the owner was ill) they don't seem to have as many sales).

Champion has a yearly workout bra sale ($19.95 each, for tops that are regularly $25-$40) and I picked up several this past year.
Someone posted a link to a sale at Paiva earlier (sale is over now) for up to 70% off already sale prices. I picked up some pants (to go with those tops!) that were regularly anywhere from $65 to $110 (!) each for about $15 each (believe me, there is NO WAY I'd pay $110 for a pair of workout pants!).

I've also picked up some sale stuff at www.marika.com

I wish I could again find one particular online store I bought some weight gloves from, and ended up picking up some tops for $6 each. There was no choice beyond size and general style and color preferences, and they sold in groups of 4 (?). I picked some up and actually liked everything I got.

I will sometimes do a search for "fitness wear sale" and see what pops up.

I like Nike better than anything I've tried so far. I get them off the clearance rack at Hibbet Sports or Sports Authority.

Sandra

Another Target girl here, but not just in the "workout wear" section - I also buy a lot of tanks and shorts in the sleepwear section. They're loose (which I love) and soft and comfy.

Usually Sports Authority or Dicks Sporting Goods. I just go straight to the clearance rack and they have tons of cute stuff in many sizes and normal colors. I just got a pair of black and navy nike shorts for $8/short at SA. I was very excited. I do splurge for my running and biking stuff. I get this clothing locally but find it is worth it to splurge on this stuff. It is just so much more comfortable (no chaffing or saddle soreness) than cheap stuff.

Karin

amen to the chaffing issue! my nike singlet is what i always wear on long runs for this very reason! when i wear the cheaper stuff for running i always has vaseline handy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.