Where are you going on vacation this summer?

jdoll

Cathlete
Alot of people can't make it to the roadtrip due to prior plans. That's a bummer, but i still want to hear about your plans! Where are you going?

We are going to Mexico in June!

jes:7

Uhhh Bakersfield, CA....not the place so much as the venue. Every year I either go to the Vizsla or Doberman Nationals since I show both breeds. Not much fun unless you are into the breed. And not a lot to do in Bakersfield :)

Colleen

I *think* we're going to try and get to FL to visit my grandmother. She hasn't seen my son since Thanksgiving. She lives in Boca Raton. My hubby has never been to FL before so it would be nice. Plus my son can go to the beach. The only thing that sucks is that summer in FL is HOT HOT HOT but we would have to go then b/c hubby starts law school in the fall.

Debbie

Well, we are going to check out Texas. We may do this over a long weekend. DH has a very flexible job and can work anywhere with telephone and interenet access. :) Lucky man!

Outer Banks, NC (week with my Dad)

Houghton Lake, MI (visiting with friends for a week at the lake)

Cincinnati, OH (Gotta have the "Day out with Thomas" experience! with my sister)

Jenn

Disneyworld- May
Breckenridge Colorado -June
AND CATHE CAMP!!- July
:D

My DH and I own a business and we travel to force ourselves to NOT work.

I'm not going anywhere. I'm taking a week off in August but staying close to home. My only vacation this year will be my weekend at Cathe camp:)

Point Pleasant, NJ--every weekend, plus the week of July 4th & a week in August. Summer cannot get here fast enough!

Summer rental w/friends. You'd be surprised how cheap. Plus we're right on the freakin beach. And the tiki bar is a mere eashell's throw from our door! ;-)

We used to go to Point Pleasant, too! The last 2 years we have headed to NC, but I loved NJ. My Dad's wife is from NJ, so it was a great place for her to see her kids (now adults) and have a beach vacation, too.

I thought it was silly to pay to go on the beach, though. What's up with that? We always just went in with the passes that came with our rental and one person went back and brought the others in with the same passes..cheating? Yes, but justified in my mind somehow!

My kids loved the rides and games...Grandpa spent a small fortune on the grandkids every trip! I loved going to Point Pleasant! I would recommend it to others!

Jenn

Just got back from a 2 week trip in Italy for my honeymoon - absolutely lovely!

I live so close to Cathe's gym that although I would love to meet everyone at the Road Trip weekend, I know I can take a class w/Cathe again anytime as long as I know she'll be teaching.

Anyway, to everyone who is going - have a great time!

We aren't going anywhere this summer... saving up for our family reunion next summer. We are having our reunion on a cruise ship to Alaska. It will be a blast. I don't get to see my family much since I live so far away.

Nice I've always wanted to go to Alaska. Since 99, we have done wonderful vacations (kids were then 11,14) now 16 and 19. Been to loads of national parks, Rocky Mountain, Great Sand Dune, Mesa Verde, Grand Canyon, Sajouri, Badlands, Canyonlands, Arches, Banff, Jasper (AB), Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Glacier National park. New Brunswick (Bay of Fundy), Nova Scotia. Trip to Tucson. Such great memories. Spent a fortune on it but so worth it.

Not sure what we are going to do this year. After my son's situation would be nice - was thinking Yosemite maybe? With one in college and my son a sophmore not sure we should afford it.

Your posts are getting me very excited again vacation :)

Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA, Virginia Beach, The Aquarium in Virginia Beach, Water Country and a visit to Colonial Williamsburg.

Charlotte~~

Jes- where in Mexico are you going. We just went this past September. We stayed at the Copacabana in Quintana Roo (Riviera Maya area). It was the best! You are going to have so much fun down there. Have you visited the Tulum ruins yet?

Charlotte~~

Well, I purchased a camper (as I posted in another thread) and have booked a few vacations so far. I will be going to Mt. Pocono, Virginia Beach, Ocean City, MD and down the Jersey shore. I would like to get out to Niagra Falls sometime this summer as well.

Aila:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.