When did you start working out again after c-section?

I started walking again around 4.5-5 weeks but then my bleeding increased. I got back to the gym at 7 weeks adn was fine. However, this was my third, so I am sure it took me a bit longer to heal than normal. My dr cleared me at 2 weeks to workout, but there was no way I could. It hurt too much.

I had a c/s on 7-7. On 7-21, I started super super super easy exercise (walking, super simple step, etc). today I am going to try to run 2 miles and see how it goes. good luck. This is my 4 baby, 3rd c/s.

I made it to about 3 weeks & couldn't stand it any longer. Gulp. Was very cautious, did Turbo Jam for a week or so then slowly went to step & running and finally abs at 6 weeks.

I really overdid it with my last pg though....I was so eager to lose the weight, when I did go back to work at 12 weeks, I felt like I spent too much time obsessing over exercise & eating well,....I wish I would have spent more time cuddling.

The most important thing to do is listen to YOUR body.

Congrats on your new baby. I'd like to sniff his little head. I love babies peach fuzz heads. ;)

Thanks everyone!

I made it to about 3 weeks & couldn't stand it any longer. Gulp. Was very cautious, did Turbo Jam for a week or so then slowly went to step & running and finally abs at 6 weeks.

I really overdid it with my last pg though....I was so eager to lose the weight, when I did go back to work at 12 weeks, I felt like I spent too much time obsessing over exercise & eating well,....I wish I would have spent more time cuddling.

The most important thing to do is listen to YOUR body.

Congrats on your new baby. I'd like to sniff his little head. I love babies peach fuzz heads. ;)

Aw, thank you! I've been calling him "Peaches". :)

I think I started too much too soon (5 weeks). I did a workout (P90 Kenpo X) and felt great doing it during and after. (I kept it all low impact) But, then the next day had some bleeding. The doctor told me to take it easy now and wait to workout until 8 weeks. I cannot wait to get back into it.

I noticed with all my pregnancies that the more active I was, the more I bled. It didn't mean I was more sore, just bled more & for longer.

That sounds like a tough workout to start out with. Do you have anything less intense? Like Turbo Jams, or The FIRM, or something else you enjoy?

I noticed with all my pregnancies that the more active I was, the more I bled. It didn't mean I was more sore, just bled more & for longer.

That sounds like a tough workout to start out with. Do you have anything less intense? Like Turbo Jams, or The FIRM, or something else you enjoy?

I do have Turbo Jams. Maybe I'll start with those again. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.