When did w/o pants suddenly become so LONG?

I can also get away with wearing girls' sizes because I have no hips:

I have discovered girls size tanks at Wal-Mart and Target make great workout and running tanks for me. I can wear the girls size Large and they fit me perfectly. They are even the right length. Also, the price is right. I bought a pretty pink ribbed tank yesterday at Wal-Mart for $3! I can wear the pants too, but they are always WAY too short!

I am 5'1 and I have found some good ones at Target. They come in regular and short. These are my favorite and the length is perfect for me!
C9 by Champion® Womens Reversible Premium Pants ... : Target

Are these shiny?? I bought some C9 capris from Target last spring/summer and they are NOT flattering. Do the pants from Target, in these regular and short lengths, have a matte finish? I'm curious! I do like Target .... seems I'm there every darn day. :p

Lucy and Athleta are thankfully in my vicinity and I'm no longer wearing pants that hit my ankles. I need a minimum of 33 inches just to look okay. They have long's which are 34-35 inch inseams for anyone looking.

Are these shiny?? I bought some C9 capris from Target last spring/summer and they are NOT flattering. Do the pants from Target, in these regular and short lengths, have a matte finish? I'm curious! I do like Target .... seems I'm there every darn day. :p

No, these are matte finish. Look for the 39.99 price point. I know, I am there every day, too. Yesterday as a matter of fact!

I found some workout pants from Target!! They were $27.99 and I actually liked them better than the higher priced $39.99 ones. I bought them in the regular length, which worked perfectly for my 5'4" frame. Surprise, surprise. ;)

Can't wait to break in my new workout pants with a sweat-inducing Cathe workout!

Well I just discovered VS sells w/o pants in 3 lengths. I bought two pair & was surprised at the quality--much better than what I was expecting. And they were about $35. AND they came in a variety of super cute styles. I hate VS shipping costs but it's worth it to have something decent, inexpensive & pretty to wear to the gym. :)

Well I just discovered VS sells w/o pants in 3 lengths. I bought two pair & was surprised at the quality--much better than what I was expecting. And they were about $35. AND they came in a variety of super cute styles. I hate VS shipping costs but it's worth it to have something decent, inexpensive & pretty to wear to the gym. :)

Glad you found some that fit you well! VS really does have some cute workout wear. I was in the store yesterday and saw some workout tops that were so pretty they could double as a dress top for a night out.

I have a VS credit card and they are really good about rewards points and $$ off coupons. I rarely pay for shipping from the website because I always have a coupon. Also, if you sign up for their emails, they are constantly running free shipping specials for a day or two at a time.

I'm 5' 5.5" and finely can find pants that aren't to short for me. All the while in high school and beyond, I had to wear skirts and dresses, because I couldn't find pants that were long enough. Unless I went to the 2nd hand store and bought boys pants and hemmed them myself. Most of the time it worked out well. Of course then we wore what you called bell bottoms. If I could find sailor pants then I was in 7th heaven. LOL:D

Janie

I'm 5' 5.5" and finely can find pants that aren't to short for me. All the while in high school and beyond, I had to wear skirts and dresses, because I couldn't find pants that were long enough. Unless I went to the 2nd hand store and bought boys pants and hemmed them myself. Most of the time it worked out well. Of course then we wore what you called bell bottoms. If I could find sailor pants then I was in 7th heaven. LOL:D

HA- this made me laugh, Janie :) I would have given you all of mine from the Navy. I was always writing to the uniform people about PLEASE making 'dungarees' straight legs :)

Glad you found some that fit you well! VS really does have some cute workout wear. I was in the store yesterday and saw some workout tops that were so pretty they could double as a dress top for a night out.

I have a VS credit card and they are really good about rewards points and $$ off coupons. I rarely pay for shipping from the website because I always have a coupon. Also, if you sign up for their emails, they are constantly running free shipping specials for a day or two at a time.
What is VS?

Last edited:
I don't get it. I'm kind of short (about 5'3") & until recently I never had problems finding pants that fit my height. Now it seems like they all come w/at least a 33" inseam & I end up spending another $10 to get them hemmed. And good w/o pants aren't cheap in the first place. This is so annoying. I feel like it's height discrimination! :p

Probably about the same time t-shirt and such got so flippin' looooooong.

Long pants

Boy do I hear you! I'm 5,1, I can never find pants to fit me properly. I think that's one of the reason I don't enjoy winter and hate pants. Seriously I have pants in my drawer that I purchase years ago (long) that I needed to take to get hemmed and never got the chance. Who has time to go to the seamtress, with six kids not me!

Probably about the same time t-shirt and such got so flippin' looooooong.

Now isn't this the truth? I don't understand who is wearing these shirts and t-shirts that come down to my knees! Literally! Honestly, I just figured it was because I'm so small, in both my boobs and my body size, that I wasn't taking up enough room in the shirts thus they were so long on me. I'm glad to know it isn't just me.

I've paid my alterations lady a small fortune to cut off tops. Almost every top I buy is that way. Ugghh!

Also, what's up with all the blousson tops? They are so unflattering. Yet they seem to be all the fashion rage lately.

I found some workout pants from Target!! They were $27.99 and I actually liked them better than the higher priced $39.99 ones. I bought them in the regular length, which worked perfectly for my 5'4" frame. Surprise, surprise. ;)

Can't wait to break in my new workout pants with a sweat-inducing Cathe workout!

Yeahh! So great to know!! With all the stress this year, I've lost a lot of weight and muscle. Now that my DS and I are settled, I have started to get back into working out. Only have one pair of long workout pants from Kohls that I still have to cuff. I will check out Target and VS. I plan on getting them all messy & sweaty from hard workouts!! Take THAT squooshy muscles!! I KNOW my muscle memory does not have Alzheimers!

Cathe.... I"m baaaaaaaack! :eek::D:D:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.