When did w/o pants suddenly become so LONG?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I don't get it. I'm kind of short (about 5'3") & until recently I never had problems finding pants that fit my height. Now it seems like they all come w/at least a 33" inseam & I end up spending another $10 to get them hemmed. And good w/o pants aren't cheap in the first place. This is so annoying. I feel like it's height discrimination! :p

That's funny cause this morning I was wearing workout pants and was irritated that they're too short! I look like such a geek wearing these pants - looks like I'm wearing floods.

But I'm 5'7", so maybe that's why they're too long on you and too short on me.

Laura, I have noticed this, too. I am sorry for you, but I have the opposite problem (I am 5'7") and am very happy about any additional length in pants (and tops) of any kind.

I am 5 ft 10 and my workout pants are always too short. LauraMax, what brand is too long for you?

Save yourself the $ 10 for hemming and buy some permanent double sided tape from the sewing department and make the pants shorter yourself.

I'm 5'7" and all leg. My entire life pants have been too short. To make it worse I have a really short rise so the waistband on tall pants come up to my bra. I have tried everything to lengthen pants and they always look stupid. Thank goodness pants are finally long enough for me to wear and not look like I have them rolled up walking along the surf at the beach.

Laura-I am 5ft. and can never find a pair of pants that fit even petite length is sometimes to long its very discouraging.

Sorry Laura, I cannot feel your pain...I am like many other posters here who generally have a problem finding pants long enough. I am 5'9". I have a great pair of nice Adidas workout pants that my husband got me years ago that I don't wear very much because they are too short...but I just can't let them go because my husband got them for me and they were very expensive!

That being said....I don't like to workout in long pants anyway...unless I am going out in public and it's cold... When I am at home and doing Cathe...I have short shorts...I am just more comfortable...and that way I can see my leg muscles or lack thereof and either be motivated to work harder or encouraged by my hard work!:)

I am 5 ft 10 and my workout pants are always too short. LauraMax, what brand is too long for you?

Save yourself the $ 10 for hemming and buy some permanent double sided tape from the sewing department and make the pants shorter yourself.

All of them! I'm really loving Hard Tail these days but they're 33" inseam. Even KOS USA, which used to be the perfect length, now comes w/33" inseam. I hate getting new w/o clothes & then having to wait another week to get them hemmed. What is this permanent double sided tape of which you speak, & where can I find it? There's a Calico Corner right next to my gym (yes, I know, they really do still exist LOL). I wonder if I can find it there?

I am so jealous of all you tall girls. You make me feel like a little troll. :p Somehow Cathe pulls it off but I just look dumpy & frumpy at my height. That said, maybe the pants are now made so much longer b/c of you guys. You can always shorten pants, but I guess lengthening them is close to impossible.

Question for Cathe....

Laura-I am 5ft. and can never find a pair of pants that fit even petite length is sometimes to long its very discouraging.

Ditto! I'm also 5'0 and can wear capri-length but have yet to find any petite-long pants that fit! Cathe- you are petite about 5'2 if I recall correctly. Do you have your long workout pants hemmed or are they off the shelf from.... is it feelfitwear?

Thanks!
Pam

I'm on the tall team - 5'8" and longer legs. I love having the longer pants - everything used to be so short. What about petites? Don't they make those?

I'm on the tall team - 5'8" and longer legs. I love having the longer pants - everything used to be so short. What about petites? Don't they make those?

Actually there are very few petite lenght workout pants out there and none of the big brands Adidas, Nike, Under Armour make petite length.

That's funny cause this morning I was wearing workout pants and was irritated that they're too short! I look like such a geek wearing these pants - looks like I'm wearing floods.

But I'm 5'7", so maybe that's why they're too long on you and too short on me.

They're always too short one me too, both workout and regular pants. I'm 5'7" with long legs.

One thing to remember, you can always hem, but you can't add on material to make them longer. I'd choose having to buy them too long, over too short any day!

5'11" with 35 1/2 inch inseam. NOTHING is ever too long on me!!!

Thank heavens I live in florida where I only have to wear long pants a couple of days a year :cool:

Debbie Russo

I'm another shortie, and I find the petite lengths of most pants, let alone workout pants, are getting longer and longer. I would love to find a good source of quality petite workout wear. I am only 5'1" and my legs are 28". A lot of petites are now 30" and if you hem some styles, they just look like high water pants with a weird shape, ha ha.

Somewhere there is someone who always finds pants that are just the right length.... not too long and not too short. Lucky duck! ;)

All right all you tall people... share the love.. or the leg length!! :eek:

Oh how I would love to add a few inches to my stubby little legs! I saw some really sick news story last week about a leg lengthening procedure they're doing in an Asian country--I think maybe Japan? OMG the torture these women were going through just to add 1-1.5 inches to their legs.......insane!

Pam, I can't speak for Cathe but I'm pretty sure the whole crew gets their clothes tailored to fit perfectly. Knowing what a perfectionist she is about everything else..........and I must say, Feel Fit Wear's clothes are very stylish but I'd bought a pair pants at at RT, & they were HUGE. They're a one size fits all, & they were so baggy around my butt I couldn't wear them b/c they were falling off at the gym. :eek:

I don't get it. I'm kind of short (about 5'3") & until recently I never had problems finding pants that fit my height. Now it seems like they all come w/at least a 33" inseam & I end up spending another $10 to get them hemmed. And good w/o pants aren't cheap in the first place. This is so annoying. I feel like it's height discrimination! :p

I too feel your pain: I'm 5'4" and had to return some workout pants I bought from Feel Fit Wear recently, as they were way too long and to hem them would mean to ruin the design on the cuffs of the pants. SO frustrating.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.