what's your favorite christmas cd??

Kim!

Alabama Christmas is one of my very fav CD's! Hubby & I love it and neither of us are true "country" fans. "Christmas Memories" brings a tear to my eye every time I play it as it brings back the great memories when my parents and brother were still alive. "Tonight is Christmas" and "Candle in The Window" are two other favs. Oh, I LOVE them all! Thanks for the reminder. Shhhh, I have it playing NOW! My daughter says it is not right to play Christmas music BEFORE Thanksgiving. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/weihnachten/xmas-smiley-037.gif[/img]

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

A great compilation of rock musicians doing classics to benefit the special Olympics competitors:

A Very Special Christmas - 1990 (the red cover). The sequels weren't nearly as good.

This one includes Bob Seger singing "Little Drummer Boy" and "Do You Hear What I Hear" by Whitney Houston, Run DMC doing "Christmas in Hollis". It's a blast, very well done. We play it back to back year after year.

I'm going shopping for all of the recommendations here though!

Great thread :)

What a fun thread!!!
My top favorite Christmas CD's would be:

1. Celine Dion
2. Harry Connick Jr. (both his Christmas ones!!!)
3. The Carpenters*
4. John Denver*

* these two remind me of when I was really little and my parents used to play them .... amazing how music can bring back such fond and vivid memories!!!!

We have way too many, my husband goes a little crazy with the Christmas cds, but my faves are Amy Grant, Nat King Cole and yes indeed the Carpenter's. Yep, the Carpenter's are a must at Christmas.

Cartoon Classic Christmas cd's - They're so nostalgic, it has songs from every christmas cartoon you can think of.

I also really like Berl Ives, any cd by him is great.

In no particular order:
Christmastime - Michael W. Smith
Christmas - Michael W. Smith
Celtic Christmas
Christmas Time is Here - Erin O'Donnell
A Christmas Story - Point of Grace
Angela:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.