What's your fashion weakness?

Fashion

Admittedly, I have a fondness for purses, shoes & jewelry like many of you. :D I've learned to make my own jewelry, which is a lot of fun, and very rewarding. Plus... I am now able to make pieces that match my clothes. :)

If I had some fashion sense . . . hmmm, I don't know. My wardrobe is all over the place! Most of my clothes are ages old and by the time I buy one outfit the one I bought last year is old! I guess I'm just too much into to many different things that I spend my money on to spend it on clothes and accessories! Ha, ha, ha! My co-workers are always telling me I should just buy what I see that I like, but then I see a class on paddle boarding or want to go skydiving or something and I spend my money on that! So, the wardrobe goes by the wayside!

Yep, even my workout clothes are old! Good thing I do my workouts at home! Never know when they're going to go!

Tricia

Admittedly, I have a fondness for purses, shoes & jewelry like many of you. :D I've learned to make my own jewelry, which is a lot of fun, and very rewarding. Plus... I am now able to make pieces that match my clothes. :)

I so want to learn to make my own jewelry. Did you take a class? I bought a bunch of beads and things about a year ago and just couldn't figure it out.

I love Splendid and Juicy---so comfortable!! And Seven jeans!! I love all shoes, but usually spend too much on my clothes and wear the same shoes over and over.

I had no idea that they still make tube tops!

My weakness is Atheleta :eek:

I too love yoga pants and do not do yoga LOL!

I so want to learn to make my own jewelry. Did you take a class? I bought a bunch of beads and things about a year ago and just couldn't figure it out.

I took some classes. Check out some local jewelry supply stores. They usually give classes. We have a community school that teaches all sorts of classes and I also took a metalsmithing class through them. So, I have learned to do beading (basic) and metalsmithing. It's a good place to start! Maybe your city also has a community learning center that you can check into!

Tricia

Purses!! I have been known to spend hours checking all the merchandise in the department, checking every detail on many purses before making my decision. I have gotten better... I can now pass the Coach store without stopping for a longing look at all the new stuff.

Brenda in Indiana

This thread does nothing to keep my spending under control.

Yes - the shoes - love the shoes. I especially like shoes with a pattern, pointy toe pumps or slingbacks. In my book - you can't ever have enough.

shoes, shoes, and more shoes! I've also lately become slightly obsessed with accessorizing...necklaces, bracelets, earrings. Not fancy, just trendy stuff.

Favorites stores currently: The Limited, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor Loft and Ann Taylor Factory.

Heather

Sorry for the hijack..... :eek:

Yes, Wendy. :D I've taken a number of classes at my local bead shop, as well as at a bead shows & conventions. I have loads of bead & wire jewelry magazines, and more than 20 jewelry-making books on my bookshelf. :eek: There are many helpful videos on YouTube, (as well as other places online) so that you can learn a technique by watching. There's a VAST community of jewelry artisans on the Net. Books and magazines are useful in their explanation of techniques, tools, tips, and material sources, and they provide you with loads of ideas and inspiration. If you have any other ?s, please feel free to PM me. Good luck and have fun!! :)

and fabulous shoes (sandals and pumps by Pliner & Weitzman especially).

Oh my, a fellow DJP/SW fan! They are so comfy & fabulous--I'd say about 50% of my shoes are Pliner, 25% Weitzman, 25% "other." :p

I also agree about purple & leopard print. I'll buy just about anything purple. I'm a bit more judicious w/the leopard print, but I do kind of have a thing for it.......

I love love love Lucky Jeans, I thought I was the only one with the obsession. I also have never paid full price though, outlets and their twice a year annual sale. Tube tops are another obsession right now, specifically white ones. I can't get enough. This past winter I was obsessed with Ugg Boots and shoes. My favorite is the Elsey boot!

Ebay is another source for Lucky jeans. If you know how they fit, then you can find some awesome prices. I have gotten then for under $15 with shipping. BUT, you have to know the fit.

Heather

They are expensive but sooooo worth it! I actually haven't purchased a pair at full price yet though! I usually get them on sale/at the outlets for about $50.00! :)

Handbags....

It is unusual for me to get out of a store without having checked out the handbag section. I don't leave store websites without having checked out the handbag selection. I browse eBay regularly for deals on my favorite designers. I joined Avelle (Bag Borrow or Steal) to feed my handbag addiction several months ago. It was/is the best thing ever. My husband thinks I've lost my mind. Lol....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.