what's the different between?

steppin

Cathlete
What's the difference between a cross-trainer and a running shoe?

I'm having problems with working out...

I trying to kick-start myself back into fitness... with no luckx( . I have success stories for my family. I have made workout plans for everyone else. well anyways

Is a running shoe better then a cross-trainer in doing step workouts?Due to all the jumping and running in place.... thanks

What's the difference between a cross-trainer and a running shoe?

I'm having problems with working out...

I trying to kick-start myself back into fitness... with no luckx( . I have success stories for my family. I have made workout plans for everyone else. well anyways

Is a running shoe better then a cross-trainer in doing step workouts?Due to all the jumping and running in place.... thanks

hi, not Cathe, but I have seen Cathe post about this subject several times. Running shoes are not good for step workouts due to the fact that they are designed for forward motion only and not lateral (side to side) support. Cross trainers are okay, but your best choice is a "studio" shoe. In my personal experience, I have not bought a studio shoe, because I have not been able to locate a store that carries them. You can order online from Ryka or Asic, but I like to be able to try them on first. Although, many sites offer free shipping if the fit is not correct. I have used cross trainers for about a year, and they are just okay. One day I may have to break down and get a studio... Hope this helps!

Sally

hi, not Cathe, but I have seen Cathe post about this subject several times. Running shoes are not good for step workouts due to the fact that they are designed for forward motion only and not lateral (side to side) support. Cross trainers are okay, but your best choice is a "studio" shoe. In my personal experience, I have not bought a studio shoe, because I have not been able to locate a store that carries them. You can order online from Ryka or Asic, but I like to be able to try them on first. Although, many sites offer free shipping if the fit is not correct. I have used cross trainers for about a year, and they are just okay. One day I may have to break down and get a studio... Hope this helps!

Sally

If you are looking for the BEST shoe for your foot you need to go to a store that specilizes in fitting the right shoe for you. This might mean paying a little more for the shoe than buying it somewhere else, but it is because you are getting their undivided attention.

You need to go somewhere that you can tell the sales person what it is you do for a workout and how many days a week you workout and how your foot is shaped. Then they should be able to fit you with the perfect shoe. Plan on this taking some time, it took me an hour to get the "perfect shoe"

I went to Lady footlocker not to long ago and they fit me with a pair of Ryka I can't remember the style, but it isn't the one Cathe wears in any of her workouts which kind of upset me because I wanted to copy. But my oh my the shoe is like the perfect glove for my foot! I was surprised to see how great of a workout I got with the perfect shoe!! You really start to use the "right" muscles in your legs when you have the right shoe. I can't begin to explain how that works, but man do you notice it right away!

If you are looking for the BEST shoe for your foot you need to go to a store that specilizes in fitting the right shoe for you. This might mean paying a little more for the shoe than buying it somewhere else, but it is because you are getting their undivided attention.

You need to go somewhere that you can tell the sales person what it is you do for a workout and how many days a week you workout and how your foot is shaped. Then they should be able to fit you with the perfect shoe. Plan on this taking some time, it took me an hour to get the "perfect shoe"

I went to Lady footlocker not to long ago and they fit me with a pair of Ryka I can't remember the style, but it isn't the one Cathe wears in any of her workouts which kind of upset me because I wanted to copy. But my oh my the shoe is like the perfect glove for my foot! I was surprised to see how great of a workout I got with the perfect shoe!! You really start to use the "right" muscles in your legs when you have the right shoe. I can't begin to explain how that works, but man do you notice it right away!

I too do mainly step and I bought the N Gauge Studio shoes made by Ryka from shoes.com. They are awesome so light and support in all the right places. I have weak ankles and they do a fantastic job supporting them. I normally wear 8 anda half and did not know how Ryka would fit as I had never bought Ryka before but they fit perfectly. I will never buy another aerobic shoe now I have discovered these they are the best I have ever worn. Cost about $74.99 but well worth it. Hope this helps!!!

I too do mainly step and I bought the N Gauge Studio shoes made by Ryka from shoes.com. They are awesome so light and support in all the right places. I have weak ankles and they do a fantastic job supporting them. I normally wear 8 anda half and did not know how Ryka would fit as I had never bought Ryka before but they fit perfectly. I will never buy another aerobic shoe now I have discovered these they are the best I have ever worn. Cost about $74.99 but well worth it. Hope this helps!!!

I have to agree that Ryka's are the best. I'm an instructor, so I do a lot of classes a week, Ryka's have always fit me the best! Plus Cathe wears them and I wanted to be like Cathe :D

I have to agree that Ryka's are the best. I'm an instructor, so I do a lot of classes a week, Ryka's have always fit me the best! Plus Cathe wears them and I wanted to be like Cathe :D

I purchased both the Ryka Instructor studio shoe and the Enlight studio shoe. I alternate between the two as well as a different Ryka (can't remember the name, but it's a low top). I also can't believe how the right shoe makes the workout more tolerable...especially on the ankles!! Before the studio shoes, I had to wear ankle supports.

I purchased both the Ryka Instructor studio shoe and the Enlight studio shoe. I alternate between the two as well as a different Ryka (can't remember the name, but it's a low top). I also can't believe how the right shoe makes the workout more tolerable...especially on the ankles!! Before the studio shoes, I had to wear ankle supports.

Roxie, it is tough to get going. 3 years ago I started out walking (w/ A cross training shoe) At first it took me around 45 minutes to go 2 miles. I got that down to about 35 minutes. Then I got hold of a Cathe tape and thought, how hard can this be? Well..... many sore muscles later, I started running my 2 miles. Took a few weeks to be able to run non-stop. Fast forward to now, I run 2.5-3 miles 3x/wk. and do a Cathe tape/DVD 3x/wk. I use Asics for running and a Nike trainer for cardio/weights. Good Luck, Gettingfitmom:)

Roxie, it is tough to get going. 3 years ago I started out walking (w/ A cross training shoe) At first it took me around 45 minutes to go 2 miles. I got that down to about 35 minutes. Then I got hold of a Cathe tape and thought, how hard can this be? Well..... many sore muscles later, I started running my 2 miles. Took a few weeks to be able to run non-stop. Fast forward to now, I run 2.5-3 miles 3x/wk. and do a Cathe tape/DVD 3x/wk. I use Asics for running and a Nike trainer for cardio/weights. Good Luck, Gettingfitmom:)

thanks alot for the information. This is just what I was gooding for.

This is why I love this site. You can always find kind and caring people willing to help you out !!!

:) thanks again

I'm starting my exerise program monday (cathe's begin. program).... I'm taking it one day at a time....

Wish me luck
:7

and thanks for the website for shoes jackie7. I really need a new pair i have ankle and knee problems.

thanks again to all!!!

Hi Rilbe4! I usually get about 4 months out of a shoe if I do about 4 intense cardio workouts a week. If I do a mix of strength and cardio workouts, I can squeak 5 months out of them. If I buy inserts to put in a shoe, then I can go even longer. Try to wear your shoe specifically for working out as opposed to running out to do errands in them.

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.