What were some of your RT highlights?

One of my funniest moments was going through security in Toronto and my carryon bag being flagged b/c of a "black spot" in the corner of my luggage. The woman custom agent takes me aside to open up my suitcase to show her what it is. They're the NEW 2# weighted gloves I won. Of course I have to take the gloves out of their package and show her. She still doesn't understand and has me put one on. I show her you can use them to punch with or for weight lifting. I show her the Cathe name badge as Cathe is actually wearing them in that picture. Of course my Cathe tops and resistance band are all on top too! She just looked at me real FUNNY LIKE and told me to carry on. Did I forget to mention I was wearing my 2009 Cathe RT t-shirt also!

I'm sure she thought I was nuts:D:p

What a great weekend meeting everyone, and all the comraderie (sp?). I couldn't believe 103 women could share a change room with only say 5 showers and not too many more toilets as well as we did!

Thanks so much everyone.

Last edited:
1.) Learning that roaches flied
2.) Having wine with my fellow OAL girls and laughing our arses off
3.) Meeting Wendy and Tracy
4.) Having an awesome lobster salad sandwich from Cosi at the 30th Station
5.) The relaxing train ride
6.) Catching up with that crazy niecebug girl Denise ;)
7.) Having a nice chat with Ellie
8.) Enjoying a nice low key but hella fun road trip
9.) Green Grille chow
10.) Seeing others who have also made close friends by way of Cathe.com

One of my funniest moments was going through security in Toronto and my carryon bag being flagged b/c of a "black spot" in the corner of my luggage. The woman custom agent takes me aside to open up my suitcase to show her what it is. They're the NEW 2# weighted gloves I won. Of course I have to take the gloves out of their package and show her. She still doesn't understand and has me put one on. I show her you can use them to punch with or for weight lifting. I show her the Cathe name badge as Cathe is actually wearing them in that picture. Of course my Cathe tops and resistance band are all on top too! She just looked at me real FUNNY LIKE and told me to carry on. Did I forget to mention I was wearing my 2009 Cathe RT t-shirt also!

I'm sure she thought I was nuts:D:p

What a great weekend meeting everyone, and all the comraderie (sp?). I couldn't believe 103 women could share a change room with only say 5 showers and not too many more toilets as well as we did!

Thanks so much everyone.

LOL! That is a riot!! The guy screening my stuff asked what a Cathlete was and what kinds of workouts we did. Man, these t-shirts get a lot of attention :)

My impressions as a non-RT-er

What comes through so very clear is what a gracious hostess/class act Cathe is!!!! A real mensch, or whatever the female equivilant word is, if there is one! And drop dead gorgeous, too! Man, she deserves all the great success she reaps from her business ventures!

Last edited:
RT '09 memories

Wow, am I loving reading this thread!!! :D I LOVE hearing about all of your special memories and seeing that this year's RT was the success we felt it was!

My favorite memories are just too many to count, but lemme try to name a few --

• Rooming with my precious pal Lorrayne for the first time -- I love you, girl!
  • Getting that first annual bear hug from my also-precious dear friends Debbie, Cyndi and Cathe. I love these women from the tips of my toes and wish I could see them often. Or heck, even any more often than once a year. Now I gotta wait about 360 days til my next hug, but it's so worth it! :D
  • Watching a stream of wonderfully familiar faces and excited, friendly new faces coming into the gym on Friday afternoon. That's one of my hands-down favorite moments every single year.
  • Listening to the laughter and buzz in the room during our new "Name Your Table" game Friday night, and feeling that you were really breaking that ice in the best way! LOVE the table names and posters. You folks are so funny and so creative!
  • The Friday afternoon class -- that first five minutes of hearing 105 pairs of feet hitting those steps in amazingly simultaneous rhythm is SUCH a rush!
  • Tiny red pills -- I'm not sayin' another word except that there's nothing illegal goin' on here. :p Grateful shout out to ya, Dr. Cyndi! :p
  • Taking Lower Body Blast standing right behind the gorgeous, buff, funny, endlessly cheerful and super coordinated Kevin Perren. Kevin, you rock, buddy!!!!! Cathy, you're a lucky gal (and Kevin, you're a lucky guy! :D)
  • Green Grill food -- oh how I wish they catered my house every day!
  • Line dancing Saturday night. Love that new Cupid Shuffle we learned!
  • Looking around the Diner on Sunday morning at the relaxed, fit, UNITED group we were. I've said it before many times, but I'll say it again: Those who are NOT part of the Cathe Nation simply don't "get" what this community is, and what it does, for all of us.
  • Wine, giggles, and "True North" snacks with the beautiful, amazing T-12's on Sunday night. You're amazing, girls!
Thank you, Road Trippers, for making this weekend another highlight of my life, and for making us four Coordinators feel so appreciated all weekend! MWAH!!!!!!!

So many great memories!! Here are a few:

• Dinner at Filomena's Thursday night. Everyone was very kind and very fun!
  • Walking into Cathe's gym for the first time and seeing the big "WELCOME CATHLETE'S" sign. Awesome!
  • Discovering all of the FUN goodies in our AWESOME Cathe Road Trip 2009 gym bags!! I've already used the note pad at work today :)
  • The step class on Saturday morning. It was a dream come true. If there are step classes in heaven, they will be EXACTLY like that one!
  • My tablemates! A big shout out to all of you from the "Ball and Chain Gang"! You are all wonderful!
  • Meeting Cathe!! She was so kind and gracious even though I was crying and talking about a thousand miles per hour!
  • Boot Camp class!! That was just so much dang fun! Though the Big A$$ Fan kept carrying my ball away whenever I tossed it in the air! LOL!
  • Saturday night - Delicious food, the Electric Slide, the Charlie Brown, AND stepping with Cathe on her filming stage!! WOOHOO!!
  • Meeting other Road Trippers! It's fun to know we already have at least one thing in common!!
  • Nancy asking me my name several times but me not noticing until she said something!! I'm not good with names either!! :D

And I'd like to add:

Thank you to Patricia for being a great roommate! Thank you to Melissa for being so gracious and friendly! Thank you to Cathy and Kevin for making me laugh-you are truly a great couple! Thank you to the lovely lady who lent/gave me a hair binder Friday night!! I could never find you to return it--so sorry!! And THANK YOU to Ruth and Jodelle for giving me a ride to the airport--it was great meeting you and chatting with you!!

Finally, thank you to the 4 friendly, helpful, fabulous coordinators. All I can say is, "WOW!".

Lisa

Thank you to Patricia for being a great roommate! Thank you to Melissa for being so gracious and friendly! Thank you to Cathy and Kevin for making me laugh-you are truly a great couple! Thank you to the lovely lady who lent/gave me a hair binder Friday night!! I could never find you to return it--so sorry!! And THANK YOU to Ruth and Jodelle for giving me a ride to the airport--it was great meeting you and chatting with you!!

Finally, thank you to the 4 friendly, helpful, fabulous coordinators. All I can say is, "WOW!".

Lisa

Hey Lisa

Loved being your roommie too!! BTW, your Rapid Rover showed up at 12:20 just in case you were wondering if they forgot about you. The driver said he was held up in traffic due to the rain! Glad to hear your home!

Hey Lisa

Loved being your roommie too!! BTW, your Rapid Rover showed up at 12:20 just in case you were wondering if they forgot about you. The driver said he was held up in traffic due to the rain! Glad to hear your home!

They didn't forget about me but they were really, really late!! We actually saw them pulling in as we were pulling out. It all worked out though...

Lisa

- all SEVEN workouts! LOVED LOVED LOVED THEM!
- These phrases/words: rapid rollover, do you have your snickers (sneakers), piglet!!!, cathe-ite? cathe-ete? (trying to pronouce CATHELETE!)
- Having a really great convo with Cathe about going through divorce - so sweet of her to remember that from a Forum post awhile back, and wish me the best - that was awesome.
- Meeting a fellow divorcee (and coming with one!!)
- Watching our two friends Jen and Andrea experience their very first RT
- The pilot giving the Catheletes a shout-out!!!

I'm sure there are more ;-)

Yes, Jo, there were. They are:
- A pike? Like off a diving board?
- Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
- whoregon!!
- Watching Angie take a pic of the overflowing plates of food we all consumed at breakfast on Sunday,hehe.

1st Roadtrip Highlights

- Hanging out with my awesome sister who introduced me to just about everyone!
- Stepping with Cathe on the set
- Line dancing with Cathy and Kevin.
- The relay race (also with Cathy and Kevin. Do you see a theme here? ;) )
- Boot Camp! - can't believe I enjoyed boot camp but it was fun!
- The step classes (my favorite)
- winning my lifting gloves for traveling the furthest (with apologies to Robin from Woodinville, WA :p )
- having breakfast with Wendy
- meeting lots and lots of really nice people

-- Mindy

Every moment of this RT was a pleasantly unexpected surprise....but I will try to name a few.

- I got to hang out with a gang of beautiful women....with my wife's approval!!!
- Having my picture taken with the Cathe crew....and getting my biceps groped! ;-)
- Getting to know my table mates "The Ball and Chain Gang" and how much we had in common.
- Doing 7 workouts in one weekend...eight if you count the dancing. I started to sweat dancing so I'll count that as a workout!
- Cathe's RT coordinators, Lorraine, Debbie, and Kathy who made my 1st Cathe RT the best it could be. Thank you doesn't begin to cover it.
- Having the locker room showers to myself the entire weekend...sorry ladies.
- winning Yoga Gloves!!
- Because of the RT, I lost 8lbs over the weekend which helped me finish 2nd place in the Biggest Loser contest at my job! The top 3 winner split the pot evenly!

It was great seeing the pictures everyone has posted so far. I'll post mine as soon as I get them off my camera.

Last edited:
Because of the RT, I lost 8lbs over the weekend which helped me finish 2nd place in the Biggest Loser contest at my job! The top 3 winner split the pot evenly!

8????? You lost 8 pounds??? OMG you ROCK!!!!! Kudos to you on your huge success! Now how is it even possible that you dropped 8 lbs in those days and I GAINED 5? Sheesh!

I ate very little during the entire weekend. Stuck to only 3oz of protien and veggies at each meal. During the sunday breakfast only oatmeal and fruit. It was killing me not to fully indulge in all the goodies that were presented during the RT.

To make sure I lost as much as a could, Monday morning before the last weigh-in I rode 30mi on an empty stomach. I don't suggest you try that one!

KP

Way to go Kevin on the 8# loss and the 2nd place.

P.S. thanks for passing on some of those 8#s to me. How the heck did I gain weight with that many w/os???? Oh, the cake after each dinner might explain it :eek:

Patricia

RT 2009

Sounds like such a good time. Wish I could have been there. Maybe someday! Glad everyone had fun. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I loved reading them all!

Kevin is a "beast" when he's got a goal! His goal was to win the contest at work and he did a FABULOUS job. Way to go Kevin! Now, what are WE going to do with OUR winnings?!!!;)

My roadtrip highlights were:

- Seeing Kevin do Cathe's step in a group. He REALLY kept up (actually did better than me!)

- Meeting the Ball and Chain Gang! You guys are great table mates (thanks for the pics Linda).

- Neicebug, it was REALLY nice talking with you and getting to know you. You are sweet and I hope we keep in touch.

- It was nice to see elliemom! Hey elliemom, nice to see you again. You look "good" girl!

- Ziona - It was a pleasure to have fitdoggie carpool with us. Let us know if you need a ride next year fitdoggie!;)

- Seeing Cathe and crew again. They are gorgeous and gracious.

- Sharing my love of exercise and good heath with others!

Cathy

Watching Allie trying to figure out who owed what at Filomena's. I'm pretty sure she burned off her entire dinner with that math exercise! :eek:

The Sat night "party" in Bridget & Lori's room. I don't remember the last time I laughed so much! Stalkers anyone? ;)

Meeting & reuniting with so many Cathletes. The other women in the world who just "get it."

Can't wait to do it again next year!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.