What was your first Cathe workout video?

JT

Cathlete
Mine was Step Blast and Step, Jump & Pump. Made the mistake I coiuld do it without preview, boy, I was humbled. Needless to say, later on, it was the same workout I sprained my foot with during the challenge-SB. And, it's still one of my faves.
Right after that, I purchased Low Max then kept purchasing when the new series came out. Then, I purchased 2007 near the end of the pre-order then I was hooked.
Due to public consensus here, my first kickbox workout was KPC. Glad I listened, it IS the best. First Cathe strength was Muscle Max.

Pure Strength on VHS when it first came out. Recommended by collagevideo when I was looking for an alternative to the Firms.

It was an old Step N' Motion that I don't think they make anymore. It had a fake ocean backdrop and Cathe's sister was in it. It was all weights.

My first Cathe dvd was High Step Training because I was a Firmie and wanted to use my "fanny lifter" to do the workouts. That was back in 2004 (I think) Well, that was all it took and I was hooked. Now I have probably 80 % of her workouts.

What a great question! Unfortunately I don't remember lol. I feel like I've always done Cathe's workouts, even though that's not true. My first home workout purchase was one of the original Firms-$50 for a VHS! Probably about 1990. I wish I could remember how I discovered Cathe and started my love affair with her workouts :eek:

What a great question! Unfortunately I don't remember lol. I feel like I've always done Cathe's workouts, even though that's not true. My first home workout purchase was one of the original Firms-$50 for a VHS! Probably about 1990. I wish I could remember how I discovered Cathe and started my love affair with her workouts :eek:

Those $50. pricetags were craziness...but what is crazier still....I paid it. I remember those videos and how I just poured over those Firm catalogs. And how I loved the heavy-duty video cases to protect high-dollar investment!

I don't go back a long way with Cathe, but it was Hiit Pyramid, 40/20 and Intensity (downloads). I thought I was "fit enough" to take her on. A few weeks later, I downgraded to Basic Step/Body Fusion :eek:. Rule #1 - though shall not try Cathe's hardest workouts first! :eek:

I don't go back a long way with Cathe, but it was Hiit Pyramid, 40/20 and Intensity (downloads). I thought I was "fit enough" to take her on. A few weeks later, I downgraded to Basic Step/Body Fusion :eek:. Rule #1 - though shall not try Cathe's hardest workouts first! :eek:

Yeah, the first one I tried was RS, I had to quickly down grade to BS. :p

My first DVD was KickMax and I found it in the Collage catalog (2005 or 06 I believe) As with other Cathletes, that is all it took to leave the Firm's videos behind and start my Cathe obsession. I think I have everything but the wedding video and the her 2 earliest workouts in DVD or download now.

I have a lot of other workouts on DVD (P90x, x+, 1 on 1, all of the Powerstrikes, KCM's stuff, some CAI, Amy Bento and a ton of pilates and yoga) I usually do Cathe workouts for the simple reason that she kicks my butt (and other body parts) every time!!

My first Cathe workout was Step Blast back in 2003. Loved it right away. After that, I bought the Intensity Series. Now I have all, but 6, of Cathe's DVDs. It's the oldest ones I don't have yet, but I do plan to buy those too just to complete the collection. I feel like anything Cathe puts out is worth having and I want them all.

Mine was Step Blast and Step, Jump & Pump. Made the mistake I coiuld do it without preview, boy, I was humbled. Needless to say, later on, it was the same workout I sprained my foot with during the challenge-SB. And, it's still one of my faves.
Right after that, I purchased Low Max then kept purchasing when the new series came out. Then, I purchased 2007 near the end of the pre-order then I was hooked.
Due to public consensus here, my first kickbox workout was KPC. Glad I listened, it IS the best. First Cathe strength was Muscle Max.

Mine was Basic Step for 1 month then I jumped right into Rhythmic Step. After two attempts, I put it away to never try again. I bought The Hardocre Series right after that and found my happy place!

Pyramids! Omg I still remember struggling to get the plates off the barbell in time and then jump up on the high step and follow along. Wasn't long before I invested in two more barbells just to make it easier.

I'm pretty new to Cathe, relatively speaking. My first Cathe workout was Low Max on DVD, and I bought it in 2009 from the Collage website. The amount of equipment needed for most of Cathe's other workouts intimidated me, but I had a step and I had heard good things about Cathe. I loved her so much after Low Max that I started accumulating equipment so I could buy more of her workouts, and now I have almost all of her workouts. And it doesn't seem like that much equipment now... a few sets of dumbbells, a barbell and plates, a stability ball, some different exercise bands.... :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.