What to do and what to order???

Hi, the hardcore DVD workouts won't be available for a while yet and I would recommend getting some other Cathe workouts for the interim. I would recommend either Step Blast or RS for a great Cathe Step workout. For an interval workout, I would recommend IMAX or IMAX 2. For non-step workout I would recommend KPC or MIC. For strengh, my favorites are Slow and Heavy or if you don't like this style workout, I would get ME plus the pyramids. The pyramids are great because they are so flexible as you can see from a recent previous post on these boards. Timesaver is a great DVD with intense shorter workouts. However, I always recommend CTX to new Catheites as there is a rotation already bulit into these workouts and you get step, cardiokickbox, hi-lo, powercircuit and upper and lower body workout and in adition IMHO these workouts are a lower intensity level than the more recent workouts (and some of the earlier). Welcome and good luck. Do not , repeat, do not use the death box for the step workouts. I bet you can get a good deal on a Club step from ebay. Check out garage sales also.The FL can safely be used for the high step.
:-(

(Doing my best DeNiro) "You frownin' at me?"

LOL!!! I am already checking out steps...don't want to use my new box for that...I'll stick with using that for the BSS3 system. What about the Super Step I think it's called? Will that work, or does it have to be a club step???

Renee

Hi Renee,
I don't know too much about the super step but I do remember seeing posts about it. I would do a search for previous posts on this forrum or else post a new message. My recollection is that people here really preferred the Club type step for step workoouts. Have a good day.

Renee, I asked about the differences between club step and super step and the response was overwhelmingly for the club step. They said it was more stable. And more versitile because of the two inch risers.

But Andrea (season) got the super step and loves it because of the incline. The lowest the super step goes is 6 inches but if you don't mind that, I wouldn't worry about it. I've never used a 4 inch step myself.

I preordered the Hardcore series, too!! I can't wait!!

Hey Renee!!

I just started in with Cathe. First got BS/BF and love that. Then ME and really love that. Just got HSTA and KPC/LG- I've previewed those. Will attempt HSTA this morn-I may need CPR later. Oh and I also preordered the entire hardcore series :7 . I guess I'm officially hooked!!

I went ahead and ordered the club step and the high step and I love both.

Let me know what you decide to do.

Catherine

Just wanted to chime in here and tell you guys again NOT to use the fanny lifter for the high step training work or step in Cathe's workouts... it is no where near stable enough to handle the work.... you will be on your butt or worse..... I ordered the High Step and have packed my Fanny lifter away for good... the High Step is so versatle and stable and works on the Firm workouts as well as Cathe much better than the fanny lifter.

I would also not use the Death box...this one has been packed away also. it can't handle Cathe work either... I am curious to see how the replacement box works...

although, honestly... after finding the High STep, I could care less about the replacement box I am supposed to have coming. The High Step and my old Club step are the best fitness purchases I have made, along with Cathe workouts.

I do still use the old Firm wooden boxes some too though...

Thanks for all the tips everyone!

I am going to start investigating the steps...now as I understand it, I can buy a club step, and then order the topper for the high step...which is way cool.

I still am debating which Cathe to get...they all look good...I feel like a donut addict at Krispy Kreme trying to pick out what I want!!!

Glazed...NO Wait!!! Sprinkles...NO Wait!!! Chocolate...NO WAIT...

I'm such a tard.

Renee:p

Hey Renee,

I knew it was only a matter of time before I would see you pop up here;-) I have the Intensity Series and love them all. I also recently got Kick, Punch, and Crunch/Legs and Glutes and love it love it too. SO I had to pre-order the Hardcore series.

Anyway, what kind of workouts are you thinking about adding to your collection? I love the step tapes and kickboxing for cardio and i think the pyramids are awsome weight workouts. Oh Imax2!!! Bootcamp will kick your bootay! I am thinking of getting Slow and Heavy real soon so I can really try and heavy things up around here!

I have notices some great results since I began using these workouts. I am getting more muscle definition I alittle less jiggle, jiggle. Although the scale hasn't moved any, things are changing :)

I would highly recommend getting a full size club step and a stability ball. I got mine at a local sports store for $69.00. I have used all the different levels. For instance in Imax 2 I need to use it at the 4'' level for the second half or there would be no other way I could finish the video. Most of the time I use the 6''. I haven't used the 8'' yet but there is alot of options with this step. Also, I still use the fanny lifter for leg presses only. I haven't invested in a barbell yet...I just sub in my dumbbells when needed.

Let us know what you decide and whatever it is you will soon be addicted like the rest of us!!!

By the way, how is LL going for you?

Your friend (and roomie)
Jessica

p.s. Don't be intimidated by these workouts. They are very advanced but you will be surprise by how fast you will catch on and advance. I would recommed starting with the advanced stuff. I did get the beginner workouts but find that I don't use them very much.

Hey Roomie!!!

I don't know what to get!!! The one with the push / pull looks good...then again...they ALL look good!!! I've heard awesome things about kick, punch, crunch!!!

Mom asked me what I want for Christmas this year...so I think I may have her preorder the Hardcore series for me!!! YEAH!!! Then I will spend the next few weeks collecting enough soda cans to cash in for a club step (I'll be the psycho pushing the shopping cart full of pop cans around town muttering "Cathe DVD's...yeah...excellent workouts...gotta have 'em...yeah...") I am not abouve doing this you know!!! I have to wait until the end of October at least before I make any new purchases...the CC is MAXED!!!

LL is fantastic! I have dropped 16 pounds since May 25th...and I feel great. Cathe would be an awesome addition to my fitness routine!

Kisses...glad you posted to me! Lisa's getting her oiker in a huff because I took over her thread!!! HA! "HEY OINK...MOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Renee

I would get the Timesaver DVD if I were you. It's not too intense but you get a great workout in a little bit of time. The cardio is all 30 minutes or less. I think this DVD is perfect for someone starting out with Cathe. You get a taste of the entire Body Blast series.

Have fun!!

>Hey fellow Firmies, and Catheites!
>
>I too am considering which Cathe to purchase first...I was
>thinking of preordering the hardcore DVD's and starting
>there.
>
>I am lifting heavy, and advanced as far as step is
>concerned...but I too would have to use my "Box of Death" for
>cardio and my FL for the high step...so...I need
>money...anyone want to loan me some???
>
>Glad to be on board...what the hell do I get first!
>
>Renee:p

Hi Renee!

I highly recommend the Timesaver DVD!!! It's got 5 different workouts and you get a little bit of everything!!

Have fun!

:7

Hey Renee (and all you other Firmies!),

I just wanted to welcome you, too! I started with some Cathe just after I started with the Firm but have recently been doing almost exclusively Cathe and I am seeing AWESOME results! I love the definition I'm getting. Cathe is more up my alley with her strenght training stlye, anyway, so it's been so much fun for me! I'm not the biggest cardio fan in the world but I'm really loving her step stuff and burning WAY more calories than I do with the Firm. I highly recommend getting the CTX series (even though it seems a bit more costly at first). It's five different cardio workouts and each one has a strength training session for a different body part at the end. With the DVD you can do all the upper body work from each DVD together as one workout or do all the abs from each. It's really versatile! I also have SB/SJP, PP/Supersets, PS series, IMAX, and the Power Hour/MIS/BM DVD. It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to pre-order the Hardcore series and pick up a few more while I'm at it (got to take advantage of that free shipping!!).

I'm really glad to see you here! I don't think I can afford to stay around the FF much longer. Just kind of waiting for my box replacement before I cancel....

Kat:7

Honestly, ever since I got the Timesaver DVD, I haven't touched my CTX DVD. It just has so much more of a fun factor to it than CTX. :) You get your cardio and then strength training also with the 5 different workouts that are on it. The Timesaver also costs less than the CTX.

Renee,

I know you will do it...you are so funny. I miss ya! Anyway, congrats on all that weight you have lost. You started LL right after our trip, huh? You probably look like a different person already.
I think I looked at the Cathe videos for a good two or three months before I ordered anything. I kept looking at the web site and the video clips and as soon as I got a little bit of money I ordered. Now I want them all. I am trying to contain myself and order just a few at a time when I can afford them but it is soo hard. When you are ready to order...we will help you spend your money. Don't worry!

Hey Lisa! Sorry I am only posting to Renee again.

Jess

Hey Lisa,

I just wanted to tell you that some other step videos that I love are Rythmic Step and Step Blast...these are lots of fun. Oh, Cardio and Weights is a great one too. Sometimes I will just do the cardio (step) parts of this video. This one is pretty easy to learn. But don't worry about videos being too advanced. I have found that I can catch on pretty quick...it just takes a few times and then everything comes together. I also love KPC for a kickboxing workout.

I also ordered Basic Step first and had to have more ;-)

Let us know what you get next,

Jessica

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. I AM NEWBIE HERE.WHEN I STARTED WITH CATHE I SAID:I ONLY WANT 1 DVD.NOW I HAVE THE WHOLE BODY BLAST EXCEPT THE 3 DVD AND THE WHOLE INTENSITY SERIES THE CTX, THE DVD WITH PH, MIS.... I FIRST BOUGHT THE TIMESAVER BUT THOSE PIECES ALL THE BB MAKED ME TO WANT ALL THE BODY BLAST SERIES.NOW I HAVE PREORDERED THE HARDCORE 10 DVD AND I HAVE ORDERED THE PYRAMIDS AND THE DVD WITH CARDIO KICKS. I MUST BE ADDICTED.I HAVE TO STOP BUT IT IS TRUE, IT IS SOO HARD.ALL OF US ARE IN THE SAME BOAT.OUR CC MUST BE ON FIRE.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.