What things can you NOT live without?

Angie_nrs, you are not coo coo. I watched the Walking Dead as well and yes that got me thinking like that too. I think because our world is so unpredictable that we don't know what's really going on out there.

I sometimes catch myself thinking "well what would I do, how would we survive.

My manager let me borrow a book called World War Z by Max Brooks, it's about this very topic. I'm about half way through but it's really interesting.

"I am Legend" is a movie I've seen starring Will Smith and it's about how he is one of the last surving people on the planet after everyone else is either killed or turned into a flesh eating zombie of some sort. He survives living alone with his dog in his apartment in desserted NYC for years. It does make you think...not that I think flesh eating zombies will kill off mankind but nuclear war or some gigantic natural disaster or a plague of some sort that wipes out most of man kind are all very real and scarey possibilities IMO! :confused:

"I am Legend" is a movie I've seen starring Will Smith and it's about how he is one of the last surving people on the planet after everyone else is either killed or turned into a flesh eating zombie of some sort. He survives living alone with his dog in his apartment in desserted NYC for years. It does make you think...not that I think flesh eating zombies will kill off mankind but nuclear war or some gigantic natural disaster or a plague of some sort that wipes out most of man kind are all very real and scarey possibilities IMO! :confused:

Have you ever seen the movie "The Road"? Food is scarce and people (non zombies) kill and eat other people. It's disturbing.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Road"? Food is scarce and people (non zombies) kill and eat other people. It's disturbing.

No, have not seen that one. Not sure I could handle it. Sounds a wee bit too realistic for me to take! :eek:

It is not a feel good movie and there is no happy ending. :( I thought the movie I am Legend was depressing too.

Yikes I think I won't watch it then. :(
At the very least in "I am Legend" he found that hidden community of survivors that he was able to join in the end. I cried when his dog died. :(

I know! That was so sad. Gee, the movie wasn't depressing enough, they had to kill the dog too!:mad::(

But on the flip side, I think Will Smith is hawt so I was atleast A LITTLE happy while I watched it. LOL

Speaking of him, have you seen his movie "7 Pounds"?

Yup, I was totally freaked by the end of that movie...so sad...:(..and the jellyfish thing was just nuts! :eek:

I honestly didn't know how to feel about the movie. He was so giving, but on the other hand....

I like Will Smith in a comedy. One of my favorite Will Smith movies is Men in Black.

Yikes I think I won't watch it then. :(
At the very least in "I am Legend" he found that hidden community of survivors that he was able to join in the end. I cried when his dog died. :(

Actually, didn't Will get eaten at the end and that girl that he was helping got out with the antidote and found the hidden community?

Well, I slept maybe 3 hours last night, so it's more possible that I am confused! ;) I think he did die though cuz' I was really po'd about it.

Wendy - You CAN live without a computer girl!:p:eek:;) LOL! Actually mine probably wouldn't do me any good IF anyone else was using theirs. Our sevice here on a good day isn't all that great, so if something did happen, I'm sure my server would be down.
Good point on the booze. I forgot about my UV Blue.:eek: I always have lots of that in stock b/c my grocery store runs out of it all the time and it takes them several weeks to restock. So, I'm already prepared for a party if the apocalypse does happen.;)

LOL about stocking up on the booze! I knew we got along for a reason! ;) As for the computer..um nope...can't survive without it. Sorry. :p I have had the same daily morning computer habit for probably 10 years now. If I lost my pc (for good), I think I would lose my mind!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.