What is your favorite shampoo and other hair products?

beehappy

I have fine, fuzzy, oily shoulder length hair. Sorry, but those are the words I would use to describe my hair. I feel like I can't go more than a day without washing it, especially when I do a hard Cathe workout. Do you guys have any advice?

I have been using Panteen for a long time. It has been alright, but I hear there are better options out there. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Beehappy, I think sometimes you need to switch up shampoos to get the benefits. Try a different one for a while and see if it makes a difference.

Sue,

how long is your hair? do you have a layered cut?

I gave Monat (all natural) another try, this time using way, way less. I love it! My usually frizzy hair is tame. It's so much easier to style. The rep told me I used way too much. That's what I'm used to (more is more). I'm going to buy the shampoo and cond now. Later, the oil. I love Aveda too, but Monat works better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was younger, my hair was thick, straight, and very long. I was always complimented on my hair. After menopause, it started to wave, and now it is curly. I've tried straightening it, but it was a no go. Now, I just go with the curl. I love it, I use Deva Curl products as well. I wash it everyday. After working out, I'm a sweaty mess, and I can't stand sweaty hair.

Menopause has definitely affected my hair which now tends to either frizz up or flat with no volume. I finally splurged and bought Unite7second shampoo and conditioner from my hair stylist and love it. Unfortunately very expensive but I've found a site on-line that has deals and free shipping once in awhile.
Jamie

I also have very fine hair, and I stopped using shampoo a couple of years ago.
I use Tressemme Undone weightless conditioner. I scrub my scalp and let it sit daily.

2 things are true, I have a TON less breakage, and my hair is MUCH LESS oily than it used to be by not shampooing everyday.
My hair looks great these days as a result.

I have fine hair that tends to look oily and flat on day 2!! I try to go two nights without washing it, just for its health, but sometimes I cannot because it just looks...yuck!. I am constantly on the hunt for good shampoos and conditioners that don't cost an arm and a leg. I simply cannot spend $25 on one bottle of shampoo/conditioner. I find myself always going back to John Frieda Brilliant Brunette. However, I am also currently using Matrix Conditioner alternating with Ion Conditioner both for Color-treated hair.

Dry shampoo works wonders on my oily, fine 2nd day hair. I like Suave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Oribe products. A little goes a long long way...I only use about a dime size of shampoo and conditioner so the product last months! My stylist suggested the products for protecting color treated hair and I love them!

When I was younger, my hair was thick, straight, and very long. I was always complimented on my hair. After menopause, it started to wave, and now it is curly. I've tried straightening it, but it was a no go. Now, I just go with the curl. I love it, I use Deva Curl products as well. I wash it everyday. After working out, I'm a sweaty mess, and I can't stand sweaty hair.

I'm getting a wave in my stick-straight hair, its slight, but I see it. My hair was never thick though. My mom said to me its high time I cut it off and be more respectful as I *age*. I like my ponytail, its quick and fast and tons of things I can do with long hair.

For frizzy & fine hair, have you ever tried doing a vinegar rinse every third wash or so? My hair responds nicely to this. I'm using a herbal vinegar now (marjoram) as I like that it bring outs highlights in dark hair, but you can use just plain apple cider, plum or red wine vinegars. Red wine goes well with red hair! ;) If you have warm blond hair, try mixing apple cider with strong chamomile tea.
If you have been using Pantene for awhile, I can see why your hair is feeling limp & may be looking dull. Pantene has loads of sulphates which causes quick build-up and rough hair. Look for shampoos without sulphates and silicones or any ingredient ending in 'cone'. They just make the hair rough and dependent on said product to not be dull looking. The shampoo does not need to be costly. There are lots of folks on etsy creating some lovely hair products these days! I would also recommend that you get one of those scalp brushes to use while transitioning off of heavy shampoos to cleanse the build-up off. Natural oils are good - but product and hard water build-up will leave your hair very flat no matter what you try and do with it.
Like jaypea, I really like using dry shampoos. Especially in summertime. They're great to give hair close to a needed hair cut some omph.

Loving reading all of the good recs on this thread. Off to have a look at these shampoos!!

This is like the scalp/shampoo brush I have. We bought ours (DH loves em) in Korea town locally. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Deluxe-Hair-...223733?hash=item33a4ae6175:g:U1kAAOSwd0BVymg6

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.