what is your favorite movie quote???

"I want my two dollars!" (Better Off Dead)

"Dude, that was my skull! I'm so wasted!" (Fast Times at Ridgemont High)

I have SO MANY favorites!! The first one that comes to mind......

from a very perverted Matthew McConaghey (sp?) in tight pink jeans:
"That's the thing about these high school girls--I keep getting older, but they stay the same age. Yes they do."
--Dazed and Confused

another one:
DETECTIVE: "Well I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is, your dates are here."

GIRL: "And the bad news?"

DETECTIVE: "They're dead." --Night of The Creeps

Bridget Jones~when she refers to her "wobbly bits" while hiding under a sheet changing into her clothes! It was too funny watching her jump around while trying to get dressed.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

From one of the Crocodile Dundee movies

and I am paraphrasing cus I don't remember the exact words
when Dundee is getting mugged by a thug with a knife

"That's not a knife bloke.....this here's a knife"

Yes! That whole "throw me a frickin' bone, I'm the boss, need the info" quote by Dr. Evil was hilarious.

I also love "this one goes to eleven" from Spinal Tap....

One of my other current favorites:

"Why spiders? Why couldn't it be "Follow the Butterflies?""
--Ron Weasley from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. :)

I have alot of faves but here are some:

Trading Places

Billy Ray Valentine(Eddie Murphy):When I was growing up, if we wanted a Jacuzzi, we had to fart in the tub.

Fletch

Doc: So where do you know Alan from?
Fletch(Chevy Chase): We play tennis together at the club.
Doc: Really. The California Racquet Club?
Fletch(Chevy Chase):Yes.
Doc: That's my club too. I don't remember seeing you there.
Fletch(Chevy Chase):Well, I haven't played in a while because of these kidney pains.
Doc: Right. Now, how long have you been having these pains, Mr. Barber?
Fletch(Chevy Chase):That's Babar.
Doc: Two bs?
Fletch(Chevy Chase):One. B-A-B-A-R.
Doc: That's two.
Fletch(Chevy Chase): Yeah, but not right next to each other. I thought that's what you meant.
Doc: Isn't there a children's book about an elephant named Babar?
Fletch(Chevy Chase): I don't know. I don't have any.
Doc: No children?
Fletch(Chevy Chase): No, elephant books.

Ferris Bueller

Ed Rooney(H.S. Principal): I don't trust this kid any further than I can throw him.
Ed’s Secretary: Well, with your bad knee Ed, you shouldn't throw anybody... Its true.
Ed Rooney(H.S. Principal): What is so dangerous about a character like Ferris Bueller is he gives good kids bad ideas.
Ed’s Secretary :Mmm-hmm.
Ed Rooney(H.S. Principal): Last thing I need at this point in my career is fifteen hundred Ferris Bueller disciples running around these halls. He jeopardizes my ability to effectivley govern this student body.
Ed’s Secretary :Well, makes you look like an ass is what he does, Ed.

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Mr. Turkentine(Charley’s teacher): I've just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we've learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn't matter in the slightest. Pencils ready!!!

Willie Wonka(Gene Wilder): Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

A Christmas Story:

Ralphie’s Dad reads the box with the prize that he won
Ralphie’s Dad: Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian.
Ralphie’s Mom: Uh, I think that says FRAGILE, dear.
Ralphie’s Dad: Oh, yeah.

Planes Trains and Automobiles:

Car Rental Agent: I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me.
Neal(Steve Martin):And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of fu--ing nowhere with fu--ing keys to a fu--ing car that isn't fu--ing there. And I really didn't care to fu--ing walk down a fu--ing highway and across a fu--ing runway to get back here to have you smile at my fu--ing face. I want a fu--ing car RIGHT FU--ING NOW!

Bridges of Madison County:

Robert Kincaid(Eastwood) speaking to Francesca: This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime.

Heehee!! LOL!!! I read both Trevor's and Carol's quotes from PT&A and had to laugh...just watched that one again the other night (watch it every year around T-Giving). LOVE that airport scene (though it's in St. Louis, where I live, lol) and love the one with "those aren't pillows!"...how 'bout when they're driving down the wrong side of the highway? LOL..."You're going the wrong way...you're going to kill somebody!" Ah, geez...that movie was great! I really miss ole' John Candy! I always love Steve Martin! :)

"Damn, we're in a Tight spot!" George Cloony in "Oh Brother Where art thou"

That is the funniest part of that whole movie!

Kathy

I think it was Long Hot Summer with Jason Robarts, Don Johnson, Cybl Shepherd, and I can't remember this actress' name...
But Don Johnson walks in Jason Robarts' (spelling) house and tracks mud on the hall foyer's oriental rug.
He then goes home

She angrily rolls up the rug, hoists it over her shoulders and throws in onto the hood of her cadillac convertable.

She drives at top speed over to his house, barges into his house, throws this rug on the floor and says with a deep southern accent: "You walked on it Mr. Quick...you clean it!"

That line has been a mainstay in my household. My husband knows if he tracks anything on my white living room floor, he had better be getting rug cleaner or a sweeper..pronto. LOL (anywhere else in the house is okay...just not on my white carpet.)

Liar...Liar with Jim Carrey

The scene in the bathroom when Jim Carrey is beating himself up and some one walks in and asks him what he is doing and he says..."What does it look like I am doing, I am kicking my own @ss!!".:7

Fletch:
--------
"Boy, what in theee he11 is the matter with you?"

Steel Magnolias:
----------------
"Smile, it enhances your face value."

Office Space:
-------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

:p

I've got another two I love. They're kind of sappy though.

"I need to believe that something extraordinary is possible."

A Beautiful Mind

"How about you try again tomorrow." Alecia Nash says to husband John Nash after he comes home after a stressful 1st day back to Princeton.

Also in A Beautiful Mind.

Marla

"If it bleeds, we can kill it." Arrrnold in Predator.

"For the love of God, do your duty. For the love of God!" Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird.

"One for me, and one for my homeys." Austin Powers, the second movie.

"Give me a compromise!!!!!" That little girl in that Nick Nolte bomb, I'll Say Anything, or I'll Try Anything, something like that.

Okay. So I'm complicated.

From Get Shorty, one of my all-time favorites, when Renee Russo asks John Travolta if he's scared:

"I was scared then. I ain't scared now. How long you want me to be scared?"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.