What is the weather like where you live ?

Thanks Anna

Some cool weather would really come in handy right now. It hardly ever gets below 68 degrees around here and that is only for about 2 months of the year. Average around here is about 82 to 85 degrees. I suppose I just have to bear the heat otherwise I would never get to work out. That's part of the reason why I do my workouts at 4:00 am, because at least now in summer it usually goes down to about 85 to 90 during the night.

I really can't stand the South African climate even though I was born and raised here. I absolutely love cloudy, rainy days and so does my light complexion.

Keep well
Amanda

Here in Lexington, KY, around noon, it is about 30 degrees. The nights are dipping into the low 20's with the windchill in the teens. We had a dusting of snow last week, but it really is too early for us to get any accumulation. That normally happens in late January - early February and we normally get only 1 or 2 inches maybe 3 or 4 times in the winter. However, if you have ever been in the Kentucky or the Ohio Valley then you know that if you stick around long enough the weather will change. It is never consistent. Maybe next week we will have temperatures in the 50's.

Edith:

what part of Michigan are you in?

I hear there is more than 40 inches up in the upper peninsula, but here in Ann Arbbor (the arm pit of Michigan in Summer), we are just starting a litttle seasonal snowfall right now!

Clare

I usually just lurk but had to respond to this post. I'm so jealous of all the nice weather some of you are having. Today in Winnipeg Canada, this morning it was minus 27 Celsuis and minus 37 Celsius with the windchill. In Fahrenheit that is minus 34.6. Severe frostbite warning was issued. Brrrr! kIM

Intersting Thread Anna!

I live in the San Juaquin Valley ( Cental California) and we have had unusually warm weather here...45 degree nights 60 degree days. I still have roses and morning glories blooming. However, it was in the low 30's last night and barely 54 degrees out now. Like the UK, it is bright and sunny and crisp!! Perfect running weather!

Deb

Hi Debbie,

Forgive me, I haven't forgotten about your skin brushing question, I shall post an info thing on it in the next couple of days. Just out of interest, does California EVER get snow ?

Anna :)

Anna!

Oh yes California gets Snow! We live near the Sierra Nevadas. My husband is a ski Patrol so, we get a good bit of snow. Nothing like the Mid-west though! That is just plain too darn cold for this California girl!

Thanks for remembering my skin brushing ?. I will be looking for it. By the way, how was your Thanksgiving? I too have a cold. I have managed a couple of runs. I find, that I don't have the enthusiasn for my run, but I get out there and my wind and legs feel fine! weird. Take care-Deb

Today it was nice and sunny in the 50's. I live in Aviano, Italy. But for the last several weeks, we have had much rain.
Nice to see the sun.

Lollie

RE: Butt-cold and sunny

It's a balmy 15-degrees FARENHEIT here in the ole Minneapple. I'm sure snow is on the way; we had a rare snowless Thanksgiving. Why on earth do I live here?

A-jock
Desperately Seeking A Nice Warm Pool

Little Rock, Arkansas: today it's sunny and high is mid-sixties. Forecast for two days down the road: high temp in the 30s with snow flurries. We have a saying around here, "If you don't like the weather in Arkansas, wait a minute and it will change."

Angela

(Off topic -- sorry to butt in on this thread!) Hi Donna -- You don't know me, but I've been lurking here for some time now and I always get a lot out of your posts. I've been really impressed with your accomplishments (amazing!), your attitude, and your knowledge. Now I find out you live near our family in Fayetteville, PA. They live across the street (up the hill) from Mr. Ed's on Rte. 30. Where do you live? Anyway, thanks for sharing your wisdom with all of us on this site.

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-wow :-wow :-wow :-wow :-wow :-wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 degrees FARENHEIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blimey, that is COLD !

:-cool :-cool :-cool

Anna :)

Hi Jodi :)

We're only about 15 min from Mr. Ed's. We're right off Rt. 30 on Mont Alto Rd.

Donna

Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

Tonight in Chicago it is snowing beautifully on a Christmas -lit night. I am signing off to go upstairs and gaze out...Murph

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-02 AT 00:56AM (Est)[/font][p]I am a Michigander too.

The day before thanksgiving we(port Huron) received 16 inches of Lake effect snow. It was funny, because we had 16 inches and my husband drove in to work to Romeo (45 minutes away and there was only an inch or two) That's Michigan for ya.

We recieved another 8-10 inches tonight and yes it is in the teens.

But I have to say it was beautiful to see a blanket of white across the whole town everything was white and everyones x-mas lights were glowing, I loved it. But that's why I am a Michigander. I love all 4 seasons, yes even the snowy winters.

I hope you all are staying warm?:)

Nikki

Hi Nikki,

I'm 15 minutes down I-94 from you in Chesterfield! I just looked out the window, and ugh, I have to drive the kids to school in this? I hate driving in this stuff! Nice to find a fellow Catheite so close!

Dawn

Here in New York we are having an unusually cold snap. They're saying on the radio that with the wind chill factor, it will feel like the single digits today. They're also expecting at least a few inches of snow this week.

I don't know how many decades its been since we've had a white Christmas in New York city, but this could be the year!
-Nancy

Actually, this morning 15-degrees farenheit is now a distant, fond memory - it's about 6 degrees ABOVE zero. I suppose we should all be thankful that it isn't 6 below.

A-jock
Tinkling Cubes

Hello There! I'm here in Wisconsin,about an hour west of GreenBay (Go Pack!) and we woke up to a figid 5 degrees farenhiet this morning. All week it will be highs in the 20's if we're lucky! I love the cold but I really want some snow!! Hopefully it's coming this weekend! Stay warm! Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.