What do you eat in a typical day??

skeenan

Hi, I'm new here. I just purchased my very first Cathe video (Kick, Punch, and Crunch) and I LOVE IT!! I do mostly Firm videos right now but really like what I see with Cathe. I have about 15 lbs. to lose and know that I need to clean up my eating. One problem - I don't like veggies. I'll force myself but it is really forcing. So I'm asking all you clean eating Cathe users what you eat in a day.

Thanks,
Shelly:9

Here you go

Today's Foods
  Food Name Servings Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Prot
Orange, raw 62 0 15 1
nf cottage cheese 322 0 18 60
Yogurt, plain, nonfat milk 82 0 11 8
Crustaceans, shrimp, mixed species, raw 38 1 0 7
Broccoli, flower clusters, raw 20 0 4 2
ZONE BAR 840 28 96 56
Tuna salad 148 5 10 15
wasa 90 0 21 3
Berries, raw, NFS 67 1 16 1
Crackers, wheat 71 3 10 1
Cheese, natural, Cheddar or American type 58 5 0 4
Totals 1798 43 202 159
Save Changes Re

This is from www.fitday.com

Mari

Protein: egg whites, chicken, tuna, non-fat or low-fat cheese, vanilla soy milk

Carbs: oatmeal, whole wheat bread, steamed vegetables, rice (sometimes), apple, orange, grapes, lettuce

Fat: sliced almonds, avocadoes, peanuts, salad dressing

Add one or two power bars (on weightlifting days) and lots of water.:)

Pinky

Very similar to Pinky plus:
Steel cut oatmeal
Apples, pears
Natural applesauce (no sugar)
Cottage cheese- non fat or 1%
Protein Plus bars
Natural peanut butter w/ half peice of whole wheat or multi-grain bread
Lots of water

Good luck!

Hi there!

Today...

BREAKFAST plain nonfat yogurt with granola. I usually eat it with fruit and wheat germ, but I ran out of both. I didn't get a chance to go to the grocery store.

SNACK approx. 1/2 sesame bagel and honey walnut cream cheese at Panera.

LUNCH plain turkey sandwich on whole grain bread

SNACK mango slices, 1/2 peanut butter (Smuckers natural), no jelly, sandwich (whole grain bread again).

DINNER red beans and rice, a few Girl Scout cookies for dessert.

I don't try to be on a specific diet. I just try to make good food choices. Regarding veggies, did you ever try making a vegetable soup? Make a broth using a variety of veggies and water, puree it, season it with spices, and add whatever else you like, e.g. chicken, pasta. I, actually, have never done this, but it seems it would be a good way to disguise veggies. I think I'm going to try this. I love to cook.

4 eggs
4 slices of bacon
1 slice of cheese
1 cup of Spinich

1 cup of mixed nuts
1 apple

Ceaser Salad with chicken

1 cup of mixed nuts or protein shake
1 banana

Roasted vegetables
Pork chop
Butter

Thanks for your replys. I think I will try the veggie soup. I also do like to drink V-8 juice. Is that good for me?

Shelly

If you like it V-8 counts as a veggie (a very good one)! Be careful of fruit juices since many are filled w/lots of sugar but tomato juice is great.

Hi Shelley

Here are some ways in which I eat my veggies - hope you will find something in there which you like

- Since you like V8 you could try looking into making juice with fresh carrots, celery and other veggies. You can control the sodium and make sure that you don't lose the fiber.

- Cauliflower tastes good when boiled and then mashed (tastes like mashed potatoes). You could add some butter spray or even a little real butter to it. Eat it with some chicken or fish.

- Aubergine tastes good when sliced thin, sprayed with some olive oil spray, seasoned with spices and then baked till crispy.

- frozen spinach can be added to virtually anything without altering the taste of the original dish e.g. in pasta sauce, in your eggs, on your toast with some fat free cheese etc. Just keep a bag in the freezer and pull it out whenever you can.

- Some veggies can be used in baking muffins and breads - grated carrots, zucchini and pumpkin.

- Check out an asian supermarket and try those veggies in stirfries with shrimp and a tasty stirfry sauce. Some nice veggies are mange tout, sugar snap peas, mung beans sprouts, shitake/oyster or straw mushrooms, bak choi, chinese cabbage etc.

-take a portabello mushroom, brush it with olive oil/ balsamic vinegar and basil. Broil it and melt a slice of cheese on it. Sandwich it between a burger bun.

- On Sunday morning use PAM spray and fry yourself up some eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms.

- Stuff veggies and make them mere containers for your favorite foods. e,g. take a green pepper, fill it with something tasty like, minced turkey, crab or whatever and bake it for a while.

- Buy raw food cook books. They have some interesting recipes that make even veggies exciting.

Sorry I went on but I am always willing to convince people to eat their veggies if they can. They are my favorite food. Take care and I hope you reach your goal soon.

Thanks so much for the great suggestions! I will try them. I did eat some carrot sticks with my lunch today:7

Shelly

Hi, thanks for your response. I was wondering if you had a juicer. If so, which one. I have been looking at them at the store and the price range is big. You can get a cheap (affordable) one or a very expensive one. Any suggestions?

Shelly

A typical day for me would be:

B: 4.5 oz lean hamburger patty or ground turkey patty w/ 1/4 cup tomatoe sauce and 2T parmesan cheese OR 3 oz lean ham, 1/2 cup pumpkin w/ 1T butter

S: 1/2 Atkins protein bar w/ decaf (not exactly clean I guess)

L: chicken w/ 1 cup of broccoli and 1T butter OR if I didn't have the ham/pumkin for breakfast, have it here

S: Atkins or Keto shake OR more chicken/broccoli or ham/pumpkin

D: Around 5 oz of steak, pork, or salmon and another 1 cup of green vegetable (usually either green beans or asparagus and sometimes broccoli again (loving the stuff lately)) w/ 1T butter

S: 2T natural almond butter plus 2T macadamia nuts

If I workout early in the mornings I usually have a half cup of plain yogurt.

I follow Body for Life so my typical days (except free day!) are:

Protein:
Cottage cheese, chicken, extra lean ground turkey, 1 egg/4 egg whites, pork tenderloin, extra lean beef occasionally

Carbs:
Potatoes, beans, lentils, oatmeal, corn tortillas, WW couscous, fruit, WW bread occasionally, yogurt occasionally

Veggies at least twice a day

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.