What do you do to get re-motivated?

You know, if someone else had said that, I would have thought it was just a joke, but knowing you Ellie....

:eek:LOL!

Just ask my workaholic husband about his Blackberry!!!! I put it under the wheel of my car, backed over it and then pulled forward just to make sure I got the whole thing!!! No MORE Blackberry use in the house!!!!

I go for the 'vanity' motivation - I tried on a swimsuit and said 'OH MY, that is NOT MY butt'. Yep, it was...

I just pick my most fun dvd's on those days. It's hard to get started most of the time, but now I have a good assortment of dvd's to choose from - and doing the STS strength and it's changing my body makes me want to continue .... but once I get started I really am fine - I think once I started a disc on my of my spazzy days and just couldn't get mentally into it, so I gave up after 15 minutes and did some yoga and that made me feel better. Autumn

Jean--thanks for this thread!! This is where I've been for the last few months. Illness and an injury sidelined me in the spring, and I feel like I've just been kind of moseying along since I recovered--not totally giving up working out, but having a hard time being consistent with that and with eating. I've been struggling with feeling guilty about it and at the same time saying "but I STILL have a nice looking, relatively healthy body." I want to be "disciplined," but isn't it so much easier to go to the extremes of "lazy" on the one hand or "obsessive" on the other?

I have finally decided that I have to decide--either get in gear and get back in my best shape, or cave and buy the new clothes that I'm about to need since I'm bustin' out of the ones I have.

So . . . yesterday DH and I did our 1RM tests together, and we're about to start STS. I'm hoping that'll be my answer.

What a wonderful thread to help us know that we all hit these slumps! Thanks, Jean.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.