What are your best fitness purchases of 2008?

DVDs - All my Amy Bentos. I refuse to pick a fave--it would be like picking your favorite child...

Apparel - these way cute, way comfy workout pants I bought from Old Navy last week. I paid less than $12 for them (thanks to a 40% off coupon) and I *heart* them.

Equipment - My Taebo Amped bar. Hard to believe since I was never a Billy Blanks gadget fan, but Rockin' Buns changed my mind.

Misc - This was an easy one! Watching Amy Bento film Rumble and seeing my DD filming with Amy for the credits of that workout. It was "Wow X 1000"!

apparel: i got the cathe t-shirt that is white with pink cap sleeves, and embroidered....i dont wear it to the gym cuz it is so cute and comfy....i dont want to sweat in it!!

dvd: i got kickmax, coremax and high step challenge

misc: a gym membership!! can't workout at home anymore :( i REALLY miss cathe's voice...can't wait for those ipod workouts!! (oh, and also to finally get an ipod)

we may be the single solution to the economic trouble

Between all of us we could solve the problem just by shopping :)

DVDs- Being new to Cathe it was RS :)

Apparel- Pink Hanes jog bras, several pairs of pedal pusher length pants from K-mart, was on sale 4$ a pair :) 2 black, 1 white. Several pairs of inexpensive shoes I tend to be hard on them (wogging trails) Cheap junior's tank tops from Wally World one in each color. I don't care what happens to them so getting dirty/hot/sweaty etc is ok.

Equipment- Circuit Pink step. Fits just right in my room. Also, the extra set of risers I bought were purple :) My fave color.

Misc- iPod Shuffle (says "Rapid Breath of Fire")

Jess's answers...

Apparel: Nike Tempo Track Shorts in black & hot pink, LOVE them!!

DVDs: P90X+ (P90X was last year's purchase! ;)), and technically not a DVD since I downloaded them, but Cardio Coach!! :D

Equipment: P90X Chin-up bar

Misc: iPod Nano

Gear: iPod Nano (3G)
Workout: Cardio Coach!!!
Apparel: nothing

Must say I'm disappointed I am going to return my Cathe vest. Just doesn't fit me. :(

April

well... where to begin on this thread??? I'm not new to working out, however, haven't done much (translated into NOTHING :eek: in the past few years) but am new to Cathe, therefore when I found her this past July on FitTV and fell in love with her style and personality I basically had to BUY everything! Ok, maybe not everything, but...

7 Cathe DVD's (plus STS - which was actually my first purchase but no instant gratification on that one!)
also, 10 minute trainer series
barbell and curl bar with weight plates
additional dumbbells to fill in the gaps
weighted KB gloves
bands
interval timer
and a new Ipod.

with a few exceptions, I'm all set for now!

While I've seen much worse, it just doesn't motivate me. I've had it for a while, previewed it, but never used it.

OMG that entire DVD is a train wreck! The lack of music & annoying breathing, the premixes w/the absurd Greek god names (I never did figure out how on earth I could get an actual 60-ish minute circuit/cardio workout) and the production quality (which normally wouldn't bother me but combined w/all the other negatives I couldn't find a single redeeming quality in this w/o).

In fact, if anyone wants it, PM me & I'll tell you where my trash bin is so you can dig it out. :p

Kathryn, just curious (& not sure I actually want to know), there's a WORSE DVD in existence? :eek:

Workouts: Cardio Coach downloads!!! Followed closely by Power Yoga for Happiness Vol. 2

Apparel: Asics gel fluent shoes, So Low rolldown yoga pants on clearance for $15 , Eoin Finn Blissology shirt... so soft and fits like a glove!

Equipment: Yogitoes yoga towel (works great on carpet)ipod shuffle for CC downloads, Travel Trac Century Fluid Trainer to use with CC.

Misc: Xer's Retreat in N.C. with the ladies from the Xer's Check-In. Mother's Day present: Eoin Finn weekend workshop in Toronto.

Wendy

Interesting thread.

Apparel:

My champion sports bras that I get every year during their spring sale. My Nike running shoes which I sorely needed.

DVDs:

I recently got into kettlebells and I am loving Lauren Brook's dvd and The Kettlebell Way - great workouts for a beginner kettlebeller like myself :)

Equipment:

My kettlebell and my Ironwear Coolvest weighted adjustable vest. (Props to Kathryn for her reviews on it this summer :) )

Misc:

CCv8 and CCPump completed my Cardio Coach collection for this year :) Now waiting for Vol. 9 :p

Still waiting on my order of AOS Newport and 2 other kettlebells

My Questions:

Wendy is Eoin Finn's YFHappiness good for a beginner? Looking to get into yoga again and have heard great things about his magically hips section.

picture.php

Clothes - Prana Sugar Mini running skirt - so soft and comfy. I bought one and then bought two more. :)

Workouts - all my Cardio Coach volumes. Started with 3,6 and 8. Did v3 and went back and bought them all!

Equipment - Garmin Forerunner 305

Misc - Discovered that I actually can enjoy running!

Miscellaneous: Hands down, it's the book, Runner's World Complete Book of Beginning Running. After years of saying I'm not a runner and spending endless hours at other cardio activities, I can finally say that I'm a runner and boy has it done incredible things for my body. Perhaps it isn't the best book on running out there, but it's the one that got me started, so it wins this category.

Apparel: My running skort. I had mixed feelings about this one when I bought it, but now I absolutely love it. I can wear it to take my daughter to Panera for breakfast in the morning without feeling self-conscious, and then head to the park after I drop her off at school and do my run.

DVDs: Gasp! I don't think I bought any this year!

Equipment: My Road ID. Now I can run with peace of mind and not worry about which of my family members will have to come identify my lifeless body on the side of the road.

lynda

What a fun thread!

Apparel -- Treated myself to some nice Adidas outfits for the August RT; they sure beat my old Target (or should that be "Tar-jay"? ;)) gear!

DVDs -- Amy Bento's new ones and all my kettlebell DVD's (The KB Way, Newport, Firepower, Lauren's, Extreme Cardio)

Other workouts -- My Cardio Coach workouts! I put off buying them for so long since I didn't have a way to use them, and really love them!

Equipment -- Definitely my elliptical trainer tops the list, but I also love my Troy Lite barbell system, my pull-up bar (and the bands I need to actually pull myself up!), and my kettlebells.

Misc. -- This has been a really cool year in that I've had a chance to meet and work out with Amy Bento, Cathe, Coach Sean, and Lauren Brooks! :)

Last edited:
Hands down my kettlebells and all the workouts..Lauren Brooks, Providence, Newport, Firepower, Extreme, and Steve Cottrells's...Lauramax, I totally agree with you on this one, he rocks, these workouts are fantastic, you can do as little or as much as you want, lower and upper body, cardio, abs are all on seperate DVD's so you can customize a workout..my favorite is to take one of the cardio workouts, then follow it with either upper or lower body, then do two of the ab workouts! Loving these...Kettlebells are fast becoming my favorite way to workout.

Workout clothes: I bought some new ones of course, but cannot name a favorite, I don't pay that much attention..oh, the ones I got in Lulemmon or whatever that name is! Very cute pants with full legs...

Equipment--the aforementioned kettlebells for sure, oh and Cathe's fitness gloves, they are so comfy.

My Questions:

Wendy is Eoin Finn's YFHappiness good for a beginner? Looking to get into yoga again and have heard great things about his magically hips section.

Not Wendy, but I have this DVD and he offers modifications for all levels. It might be a bit challenging for a true beginner, but you'll grow into it. Great DVD!

Since I got injured and have been involved in rehab for my knee, I have not gotten any value from anything I purchased new. Instead, I have learned to re-appreciate the equipment I already owned that has helped me regain strength and redress muscle imbalances in my lower body. So, I applaud my stability ball, resistance band and yoga mat. Simple stuff, but tremendously helpful.

I also got some Nike low rise, black shorts with red trim. Love the fit and feel. No ride up factor because there's so little fabric to begin with!!!

Clare

Apparel: My Etonic Jepara Running Shoes

DVDs: Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Workout - Keith Weber

Equipment: 18# Medicine Ball

Misc: Facing my fear and running in multiple 5Ks, a 8K and a 10K.

Apparel: My black new balance running shoes. If I stray from my trusty New Balance for running I always end up paying for it.

DVDs: I really did not buy many new DVDs this year. Strikezone is probably my favorite.

Equipment: new pair of lifting gloves.

Misc: a gym membership. I was getting really burnt out on home fitness and needed a change. I actually look forward to lifting weights again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.