What are YOU reading???

I just finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory. I loved this book! So, I decided that I needed to start reading The Boleyn Inheritance by the same author. I am intrigued by this period of history.

Old Sins by Penny Vincenzi, and then I'm going to start on her book The Dilemma. If you guys haven't read any of her stuff, I highly recommend it! She wrote a great saga that was a trilogy of books that is extremely good... I love sagas and family dramas -- especially British ones.

For fun, I am reading Robert Ludlum's Bourne Identity (which is a lot better than the movie) and the Resident Evil series from S.D. Perry.

Otherwise: Textbooks, textbooks, textbooks.

Just finished Born Standing Up by Steve Martin. I love all of his stuff, especially Shopgirl.

I just finished Snow Fower and the Secret Fan ...loved it!!! Now I'm on to The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I'm looking forward to The Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamant next (I absolutely loved her book The Red Tent !

I'm almost done with Water for Elephants... Absolutely LOVE this book! I'm going to be sad when I'm done!

I started Eat, Love and PRay before Water for Elephants, so I'll go back to that one (borrowed ELP, WFE is from the library).

I was wondering about the Steve Martin book! Thanks, I'll definitely get to that one!!

Andrea.. The Road is a good book, but very different than anything I ever read. It was a hard read in spots!

~Chris

Mary by Janice C Newman

It's about Mary Todd Lincoln (Abe's wife) who was committed to Bellvue by her son sometime after the shooting. It's historical fiction and it intertwine's her life before the shooting and the time she spends in the asylum. She is convinced she is not insane and wants very badly to get out. I'm really enjoying it and of course it makes me want to do research to find out what part is fiction and what parts are based on truth.

Just finished Janet Evanovich's new one, then also read Third Degree and True Evil by Greg Iles. Tonight I'm starting The Historian.

Karin, I love Phillipa Gregory's books too. I suggest you read her book, The Queen's Fool; It's even better than The Other Boleyn Girl, IMO.

Sarah :)

WOW! Some really good and interesting books you guys are working on! Thanks for sharing. Maybe later this week I'll start a post and we can list our favorites???

Happy Reading!

Gayle

Wow, I didn't know about Jane Austen on Masterpiece--gotta look that up and start recording them.

Anyway, I'm just starting The Mysteries of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon. I just finished the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. Also listening to a mystery-thriller type book on CD--called Simple Genius by David Baldacci.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.