What are you getting your men for Christmas?

darli ann

Cathlete
Over the past 30 years I've used up all the good ideas for gifts for my husband. Wondering what you gals are getting your men for Christmas this year so maybe I can steal your ideas???????:7

My Honey's a camper with a son who is a Boy Scout. He goes on quite a few trips so I got him a new Thermarest so he doesn't have to sleep on rocks.

He's the type to keep something forever (a good trait) but he was due for an upgrade.

Unfortunately I already gave it to him so I told him I'd have to take it back and wrap it up again! ;)

Good question. I've been dating BF since August and have NO CLUE what to buy him. Anything he wants, he usually just goes out and buys! But I am thinking of planning out a little trip for just the 2 of us, just not sure where.

NO CLUE!!!!!!

Gayle

I decided to spring for the one thing that my SO's been wanting for a loooong time but would never buy for himself. He's a world map freak and has always wanted a coffee table that has a world map on it. I searched the world over and couldn't find the thing.

I finally came across it last week and bought it right away! It's been picked up and is being safely stored at my parent's until I can give it to him on Christmas Eve. I'm so excited! It certainly was pricey, but it's worth it. (and so is he...;))

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Donna - what didja get? Do we get to see?

I got my SO a wine rack and filled it with wine, and I also got him one of those fancy schmancy corkscrews. And a compound mitre saw. And a bunch of little things - CD, books, etc.

I was walking in the mall one day and you know those stands in the middle of the mall (I usually just walk past them) but this particular day, the person caught my attention. They were selling Herbal Heat Packs. My husband works outdoors for half of the day (rain, snow or shine) and the other part of the day indoors. I thought this would be a great gift for him. It smells really soothing and the heat on your shoulders is wonderful. Who knows, I may just steal it from him. :D

I am also looking to buy him something else.. and would love to hear about what you are buying too.

Ellen I'm so jealous! Can I come:7 My DH is getting his truck fixed, just had a fender bender last night in the snow:-( Gotta shell out the deductible right before the holidays, yippee. But I did manage to get him a new cymbal for his drum set the other day so at least he'll have something to open on Christmas morning:)

My DH is one of those who just gets what he wants for himself, if he wants anything. He is so cheap he doesn't want to get anything for himself and doesn't want anything from me (since I buy it with our money). He always insists I should not get him a gift, but I always do anyway, because I like to try. Last year I tried giving him "coupons" that were good for a foot rub or back rub or oatmeal cookies, or other things he likes, but he never used them. He said I give him all that without coupons, so what's the point. Grrr...impossible man.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

<A cruise in January to the Caribbean!>
Awesome! Actually, aside from a hunting knife and socks (and I am sure a few other things because I do actually like to get gifts for him)I've asked him that we go in on a gift to each other--a nice weekend away. Both of us have gone through a lot with sick parents and house repairs and we are really due for some relaxing time away from the ever present responsibilities.

As for the p.i.t.a. husband who never wants anything, make a donation to a charity in his honor. Perhaps he'll be little less grinchy after that ;-)

I am getting my spoiled DH:

Video games for XBox360 and Playstation 3 (I know...he is such a kid! All of the neighborhood kids thinks he is cool because he has both consoles! :) He also plays the electric guitar...he is definitely their hero!)

Music books for guitar

Music CD (Walmart has this cool thing where you choose all of the songs for a CD. They burn it for you. Too cool!)

Wireless Headset/Mic for the (you guessed it) XBox360, so he can play and talk with headphones on when playing XBOX live.

Probably TMI, but I hope it helped!

My DF is getting:

Carhartt pants, shirt
workout shorts, t-shirt
new wallet
stud finder
CD
....and a weekend away with me in Nags Head!! (wedding planning)

A kick in the doopa }( :+ :p

No, I will probably get him the new Verizon Voyager phone or the iPhone. Haven't decided yet. Was also thinking about getting him the P90X DVDs.

If everything goes as usual I'll probably run out on the 23rd at night or 24th in the morning to get presents and decide at the spur of the moment. Every year I promise myself I will start shopping earlier.

Lainie, my DH sounds like yours. This year he just asked for TiVo renewal...so that's what he's getting!

"My DH is one of those who just gets what he wants for himself, if he wants anything. He is so cheap he doesn't want to get anything for himself and doesn't want anything from me (since I buy it with our money). He always insists I should not get him a gift, but I always do anyway, because I like to try. Last year I tried giving him "coupons" that were good for a foot rub or back rub or oatmeal cookies, or other things he likes, but he never used them. He said I give him all that without coupons, so what's the point. Grrr...impossible man."

Sounds like my DH. So I just put a bow on my head, and a smile on my face!;) :p :+

Me....in thigh highs, and black lacy underwear!}( :7 Maybe a "grownup" movie tossed in for good measure. }(

Serious biz, my DH has everything he wants or needs and if he doesn't it, will buy it. So, I have written him more love poems and tried to think of original things to give him...me is the best gift right?:7

I am getting my husband an official Indianapolis Colts Jersey (from the NFL shop) personalized with our last name and the number 25 (which is our anniversary date/he uses this number for everything, he's such a sweetie!) :)

Can't wait to see it on him!!

Denise

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.