What are some things people do to irritate you?

Not only do I despise chewing noises, I also gross out with slurping, lip-smacking & sucking noises as if they're trying to suck every last particle of food from between their teeth. That is so disgusting. Unfortunately, I have a coworker that does that and all I can say is she has NO CLASS. Ten minutes after she's back from lunch she is still smacking & sucking away. PUKE!

Marla

I, too, get irritated by the people who, when they know the left lane is ending ahead, they zoom up until the lane is ending and then cut in front of all the other people who have correctly gotten over. We have some State Trooper here in Indiana who don't like that, either, and now they sit in the left lane with their lights on so as to MAKE those cars get over earlier. }( Hee hee!

I also can not stand when someone snaps and pops their gum. I overlook this outside of work and school, but in a classroom or professional setting, the gum-snapping is not appropriate...and it is VERY VERY VERY distracting, if not downright rude and obnoxious to those around the gum-popper.

Spelling oops like this "opps" bothers me, too. If you are one of those who spells oops "opps", here's something to think about that might help you remember how to spell it next time the opportunity presents itself (I apologize in advance for the...well, you'll see): Is it poop or popp? I mean, do you go poop, or do you go popp? o-o-p-s, not o-p-p-s. I hope this helps. :7

I could right a book on the things people do to irritate me. I'm annoyed by people in general. BUT, since I working on mindfulness I will allow myself only one rant!

I absolutely postively totally despise it when I'm driving along smoothly and some nitwit on a side street or in a shopping center etc. WHIPS OUT in front of me, forcing me to hit my breaks, when there is NO ONE behind me and this person could have waited three seconds and then pulled out. I especially love this when the person then proceeds to crawl along at ten miles an hour below the speed limit. Grrrrr......

Sparrow

I hate when people stand too close to me. Who invited you into my space?

--Lois

"If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning" - Mahatma Ghandi

>I hate when people stand too close to me. Who invited you
>into my space?
>
>--Lois

Oooohhh! Lois. I do too! Especially out in public like when you're in line somewhere or in an elevator. Please! GET OFF MY BACK!

Funny thing is, I have to invade people's space all the time at work, but I give them warning & don't overdo it.

Marla

I'm irritated by people who mispronounce words. It's not "nu-cu-ler", it's "nu-clear". And it's "jewelry", not "joolery".

I don't like my space being invaded, but I've developed something one of my friends terms "death stare level 7" to combat that. It mostly works, unless the person on the receiving end is a completely obtuse dolt.

Slow people irritate me, especially slow walkers. I work on Michigan Ave. in Chicago and sooo many people just mosey along the street and it's not always tourists either (as many Chicagoans like to blame).

This one doesn't happen to me anymore but it still bothers me to think about it. I used to work at a pharmacy when I was younger and a lot of transactions were paid by cash and some people would place their money on the counter even though my hand was outstretched waiting to take their money. grrrr irritating to this day. especially the people who paid with change and made me pick it up off the counter. Even now I make sure I always hand the person my money or card rather than place it on the counter and make them pick it up.

Jessica

You can count me in for being irritated by drivers and slow people.

I'll add; messy, dirty people. Is it really that difficult to comprehend, it's easier to clean a bowl of soup or a cup of coffee immediacy after finishing? Around the sink at work there are countless mugs and bowls "soaking" in swill for days!
Also, if you cook something in the microwave, either cover your food, or remove it BEFORE it explodes. AND, if your sausage, burrito or whatever, explodes...clean it up! PIGS!!

Susan C.M.

This is kind of silly, but I notice that more and more people say "Absolutely!" Newscasters, ESPN commentators, coworkers, most salespeople, my husband (until I pointed it out to him).... I want to give these people a thesaurus. "He absolutely is the best...." heck, they don't even use it right most of the time!

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.