What are some things people do to irritate you?

I hear you Nadine, I was driving up a lovely country road last week when the lady in front of me throws some napkins out the window and I start shaking my head but thinking at least they're biodegradable. Well then she throws out a round plastic container and the rest of her freakin' lunch. I couldn't believe it. How thick can people get???? What would the world look like if everyone was so selfish and oblivious!!

Take Care
Laurie

when people talk big – too big, it’s unbelievable (in other words, when they try to BS me)

or when they act high-and-mighty. Make me want to ask, “If you’re all that, why are your feet grounded on the earth, just as mine are?”

when salespeople (especially car salesmen) shake my husband’s hand but not mine because they believe it’s my husband who pays for the car. Little do they know the decision to buy will never be made without my okay.

when I’m at Home Depot and someone asks if I need help, and I say, “No thanks”, and the person looks at me closely and says, “Are you SURE?” It ticks me off even more when it’s a woman who says this. I would assume she wouldn’t want to be patronized like that.

Impatient people grate on my nerves. I have a little boy with me all the time. That slows me down, okay? If people want to drive 90 mph on the freeway, by all means. Just don’t tailgate me during rush hour to intimidate me into speeding when I have my baby in the back seat. I don’t have a death wish.

when people gossip. I’ve lost many friends because of destructive, idle chatter.

when I am accused of being something I’m not, or of something I’m innocent of. Like my husband’s father telling me I married his son for his money, which was laughable because my husband was dead broke when I married him. Now there’s an A-hole on my hit list...x( x( x(

Oh yeah, Norma... I know what you’re saying about THAT look, that measuring up look. The one that says, “I’m better than you.” Hello? I’m just standing here, minding my own business.

I gotta stop now. This is only giving me a headache.;-)

Pinky

I get really irritated when I'm in the grocery store and someone leaves thier cart in the middle of the aisle while they are trying to decide what to buy. I ALWAYS pull my cart to the side! Why can't they?? It only takes an extra couple of seconds!!!
I get really irritated when I am getting off at a busy exit on the highway and I pull to the back of the line and a million cars try to cut in front of me as I get closer to the exit because they think they are too good to get in the back of the line like I did! So Kim, I know how you feel!!!
I get really irritated when I am trying to talk to someone and someone else interrupts us with out even and "excuse me" to talk to the person I am talking to and the person that I am talking to then turns to that other person with out even a "hold on a second" and leaves me talking to myself! ATLEAST say "excuse me a second"! JEESH, how rude!

Okay, I could go on and on but I think I'll stop there! :)

I'm relaxed, Norma. Thank goodness for kickboxing.;-)

Seriously though, I never realized how many things bothered me until I wrote them down, and what's worse, there's MORE I haven't written down.:eek:

BTW, I love your line: The older I get the more I love me. The first time I saw it, I knew immediately that that is exactly what I want to do. So thanks.:)

Pinky

I hate, hate, hate oral noises, like crunching or people popping or chewing gum or sucking sounds (although my babies nursing never bothers me). I really hate that I have this pet peeve--I wish I could just "will" it away, but I can't seem to. It bugs me way to much.

I also hate it when the neighbors play their base so loud that it comes through our floor at night when I am trying to sleep. Actually it bothers me anytime, but especially at night. I am blessed that my sweet hubby will go talk to them if need be. I'm way too wimpy.

There's other stuff, but I'm gettin too long winded.

:7 :7
Maggie

>I did want to hurt him just a little bit}( :p I almost
>followed him for a license plate but I thought he was
>obviously crazy, who knows what he would have done. I just
>counted to 10 about 100 times;-)
>Brandi

Brandi, I'm glad you counted to 10 instead of losing your cool. Sure you were right, but you don't want to be right AND DEAD. Be careful! People are crazy! Tha't when I would have picked up my cell phone & either called 911 or pretended to.

Marla

People who drive slow in the fast lane....move already!

The worst....gum poppers/smackers.....hate,hate that!

My worse nightmare is to be in the hospital, in a medically induced coma (still aware of surroundings but sedated), and have a gum-popping nurse taking care of me....eeekkkk....just morphine me please!!!!!

I detest people who are approaching you on a sidewalk, looking dead ahead, and try to walk "through" you.

Chewing noises.

Also, cashiers at any sort of retail place who don't speak to you during the entire transaction. Not even to say thanks at the end. :(

I'm better, now. Thanks!

Lunacat

I'm going to keep it kinda short because it is friday and a holiday weekend YAY!!!:7

But I can't stand it when you let someone into thick traffic and they don't wave "thank you" or acknoledge your there or did something for them, show some appreciation I was in a hurry too!

And throwing anything out the windows, trash, cigrette butts etc.

Thanks for letting me vent
:7 ~Angel

Oh angel, I know what you mean. I let people in traffic in the morning and some just don't thank you. You just want to smack them!

I think traffic situations are my worst irritations.

kim

Know it alls who try to correct things that don't need correcting.

People who look in your shopping cart and pass judgement on what you are about to buy. What the hell business is it of theirs? You aren't buying it for them!

Rudeness. I was going to say the way some folks act on the road, but those that act like buttheads on the road, act the same way in the grocery store etc.

I HATE it when I'm in the grocery store and someone is parked right in front of an item I want, I say "Excuse me." and about 50% of the time I'm ignored! That's when the you know what in me comes out because at that point, I have no problem grabbing their cart and pushing it out of my way...which usually sends it up the aisle.

DeeDee

Oh, DeeDee, I hate know-it-alls too! My brother is the ultimate know-it-all. He is forever correcting people who say "less" when he thinks it should be "fewer". So annoying, and it accomplishes nothing except to interrupt the person's train of thought. x(

I know it kim!!! It makes me wonder why I bother...traffic always gets to me in one way or another.

~Angel

It depends on what time of the month it is.}(

The most irritating thing to me is when people talk on the phone while they are driving. Both my hubby and I have been in wrecks where someone was on the phone and not paying attention to where they were going. I get cut off the road while people are talking on the phone not paying attention to where they are going. People swerve between lanes because they are on the phone NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO ROAD!!!!! Some people are bad enough drivers, anyways. Do you really need to add to your incompetence by TAKING ONE HAND OFF THE WHEEL?????

Missy

When old people try to but in line at the grocery store, I know your old and all and if you ask I will let you, but don't assume b/c your a senior Im gonna let you in there.
When people leave dirty dish water in the sink (DH)
When people pull out in front of you,while driving, seem to be in a big hurry and then they go super slow.
People who speed up when you try to pass them.
Can you tell Im a bad driver?

When people say "to make a long story short". Thirty minutes later your sitting there with a dazed look in your eyes thinking....this is the short version???

Dee Dee I do the exact same thing if people don't acknowledge of even care that they are in your way. I hate when people also have their carts in the middle of the isle, can see that you are trying to get by and just ignore you and look away!!!

Another pet peeve is when parents let their children run wild in stores and they end up crashing into you, crashing into other things or just getting in your way. All the while the parent is paying NO attention whatsoever to what their child or children are doing or even if they are still around.

My husband and I were shopping the other day and there was this kid there who came up to our daughters stroller and started trying to taker her stuff, like her water and her toys and kept trying to touch her and push her stroller around. DH and I were trying to find the kids parents, but they were no where to be found. The kid eventually lost his balance and ended up falling over on one of the clothes racks. He started crying and STILL no parent came. How can you NOT know or care where your child is??? That kid could have walked right out the front door and the parents wouldn't have been any wiser.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Katie

I hate it when people (my MIL, specifically) have ulterior motives for everything. You have to listen carefully to everything she says and figure out what she really wants. It's really annoying.

I tend to ignore the little things a lot of people are not aware of what they are saying, they just open their mouth and stuff comes out. I don't let that bothers me. I am not the person that takes peoples opinions or comments too seriously.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.