~*~We're In This Together~*~ (June-Sept)

Hello Ladies,
I must admit, it was getting pretty lonely here on the check-in :(. Poor Tasha had just me for a while there! I know how tough it can be to keep up posting, life has a way of interrupting things, doesn't it?

Justina, I know that you are dealing with some inner demons these days. It is admirable that you are trying to balance homelife, worklife, and lifelife...I don't envy you with this challenge! It may seem impossible to believe this now, but in a few years (hopefully sooner) you and your daughter will be best friends. Right now she is fighting for independence and pushing you to test your limits. We all did it to our mothers; I don't know why :rolleyes:. Maybe push-ups will save you :p!

I've been very busy with my workouts and getting some hiking in before my mini hiking vacation next week. I'm going to cut and paste from parts of another post I did on my other check-in to save my brain and fingers (I hope you don't mind!):

Yesterday's hike was AWESOME!!! I had a great cardio workout on the inclines (my glutes & hammies had a good workout, too!). Today I am still feeling DOMS in my biceps from the PUB I did on Saturday! AND I'm supposed to do an upper body workout today !!! I think it will be Xtrain Chest, Back, and Shoulders. I have one week to go before my mini hiking vacation and I want to fill it with some good weightlifting! I think I'll do my Xtrain Week Module #1 to get me through the week:

XTRAIN MODULE #1
Mon: XTRAIN Chest, Back, & Shoulders
Tue: XTRAIN All Out Low Impact HiiT + XTRAIN Burn Sets Triceps + Core 1
Wed: XTRAIN Legs + Rear Delts
Thu: XTRAIN Bis & Tris + Core 1
Fri: XTRAIN Tabatacise
Sat: XTRAIN Cardio Leg Blast + XTRAIN Burn Sets Biceps + Core 2
Sun: HIKING + Yoga Relax

We're diving up to Shenandoah on Monday morning and I plan on doing Travel Fit when we arrive at the hotel. We'll hike Tues-Thurs and then drive back home on Friday. I'm hoping to fit in lots of upper body work to supplement the hiking...you can do a lot of stuff with a picnic table (dips, Australian pull ups, etc. ! The travel stick foam roller gizmo I ordered should be here tomorrow (!) so I should be able to keep up with my myofascial stuff!

Here's a shout out to Marie, Colleen, Sarah, and Natty!!!!

I did AB today :) I'm sure I'll be feeling the DOMS tomorrow! I can tell I haven't done anything that hard in awhile. I was breathing heavy but I rocked it :)

Tomorrow I'm thinking SC. I now have my mom addicted to Cathe. She texted me today telling me she did that one. I sort of forgot about it. Oh she has so many though. Can't wait to get the latest!

Speaking of moms, Justina, I know things will get better with your daughter. You are doing a great job. Remember that! I was so horrible to my mom sometimes when I was a teen and now we are great friends. You will both get through it!

Nancy- Have a great vacation next week. It's always fun coming up with new workouts and hiking in new areas!

Colleen- Yay my slacker check in buddy! Glad I'm not the only one ;) Nice job on finishing up Meso 2 and enjoy that UY! Delicious it is :) We are staying on Anna Maria Island. My mom has a friend that referred to her that area. I haven't used that website but I'll have to check it out. Here's the place we are staying. The highlights of course are the pool and that it's only a few blocks from the beach :)

Beach Bungalow, 310B 61st St, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island Florida

Natty- I'm glad Bella had a "great day." What a sweetie! I'm sure I will be so emotional the day B heads off to kindergarten. We went to storytime at the library and at the end they let the kids have free time and play with toys. B just crawls right off my lap and heads for the toys with no looking back. They are just so independent :) I was so proud and yup I got a little emotional inside. Oh btw your bunch sounded amazing! Thanks also for mentioning your minimal workouts the first year you were a mama. I just get so frustrated with myself sometimes because I used to workout daily. Glad to know I won't always be like this. I know I'll get back in the groove soon but it helps it hear that from you!

Sarah- Happy birthday to your boy! He made some good food choices for his special day. Yum! Nice job on the pushups! Not sure I would want to attempt that right now ;)

Alright time to check out Hulu and then bedtime. Tomorrow I have a work meeting at 12:30 blah! They said I could bring B though so I guess I'll go ;)

Drive by check in! :eek:

I'm loving my Ultimate Yogi week! :D Monday night I did Yin Yoga (the one with all the long held poses...slept like a baby!), then yesterday I did Detox and today I did Flexibility. Feel fantastic!

I just got the new Kettlebell Kickboxing series (the Body Series)!!! :eek: I'm so psyched! I plan to alternate these workouts with HoCo, Cathe lower body and one Cathe Hiit a week for the next month after my recovery week is done. CAN'T WAIT!!!

ETA: Here's a link to the new Kettlebell Kickboxing series if you guys are curious: http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Kettlebell-Kickboxing-The-Body-Series-11-DVD-s-p/kbset.htm
I actually pre-ordered the series through Dasha's website instead of going through Total Fitness so I got a special preorder price of $89.97 :) I'm having a really hard time not caving and doing one this week but I NEED this yoga week! lol

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

My last w/o was on Monday, which was:

1) 6x4R sumo deads lifting a cool 90lbs!!!!!! I can't believe I will be over 100lbs soon :eek:. It feels f%$#ing fantastic! Something about lifting that heavy bar off the floor -- can't really explain the euphoria I get from that.

2) 6x4R chin-ups (w/15lbs vest & assistance band) superset w/
6x4R barbell overhead press

3) planks 3X superset w/
sliding back lunges w/disc (I added this one ;)).

*10min beach work*
3x10R barbell curls
3x10R scull crushers
3x10R lateral raises

For anyone who is interested, I posted this vid over at my other check-in and both Nancy and Jennifer have tried the move and loved it! I have absolutely fallen head over heals with this move. I love how amazing my shoulder's and back feel after I perform it: Best Exercise for Strong Shoulders - YouTube
So ya, give it a try :D.

Colleen
Don't worry about the ninja check-in's! I love reading about what you're doing, so please keep posting whenever you are able to :) (no pressure ;)). I understand your feelings about veering away from the forums. I have not been posting very much on this forum myself :eek:.
How are the kids liking school so far?
Congrats on the new KB w/o's! OMG I just can't order any more w/o's cuz' I need to buy more weight plates for my bar :eek:. Priority is priority ;).

Marie
I absolutely LOVE that your mom is into fitness! You don't understand how extremely fortunate you are to have a mommy like that :). That is the type of mother I want to be for Bella, and I hope that I can continue on with my active lifestyle for the rest of my life.

Have an awesome day everyone!

Last night I worked late and was SO tired when I got home! I'd been doing all kinds of Get Glutes stuff here at work and felt pretty tight in the butt and hammies when I got home. Then I looked at my calendar and realized I haven't had a day off exercise since Aug 29th! I wonder if that's why I've been feeling kind of weak these days :confused:??? I think I considered hiking an "off day" but it really isn't, is it?! Long story short, I took a true rest day last night and rolled my body and stretched! I moved last night's Legs workout to Saturday. I'll be hitting Xtrain Bis & Tris + Core#1. Of course today I did the "Wake Your Glutes Up at Work" bit from Get Glutes. It's very quick and it DOES wake up your butt ! I've said it before, but my goal is to be able to crack a walnut between my glutes :eek:!!!

How impressive is Natasha with her 90 pound sumo squats?????:eek:
Dang!!!

Colleen, your yoga week sounds like it's totally recharging you!

Marie, way to be kicking out the SuperCuts!!! I haven't done that one in a while...think I need to pull it out soon...especially since your mom did it :rolleyes:!!!:p

Justina, chocolate and wine...'nuff said ;)!

Sarah, How's HomeImprovementMax workin' out for you???:p

Hi ladies!
Thanks for listening to me vent! :D

Nancy,
You're right. Maybe push-ups will help. lol I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Natasha, thanks for the Nia prgram! That looks pretty good! I'm definitely going to give this a try. I love her posts. I get them on my phone. :D

Hi Marie, Colleen and Sarah!

Sorry this is a short post. I'm working from home since i didn't get all of my work done in the office.

Will post more tomorrow!

Have a good night!

Justina

I pulled out Intensity today. Oh wow! I forgot how much that one kills. I love it though. Can't wait to feel it tomorrow.

Yesterday was Step Moves, core 2 and a walk around lake after T got done with school.

Not much else happened today. Playtime of course :) Sealife, Costco, Target :)

My mom wants to do CCC on Sat when she's in town. Eek! That one scares me!

Natty
- You are a dang rockstar girl. 90 LBS....WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had a love of lifting like you do. I'm more of a cardio freak. To each their own ;) You are too sweet for saying that about my mom. I KNOW you'll be that for Bella. Walking with her and working out in front of her is a great start. Speaking of which, before she went to school, did you usually workout during her naptime (did she nap)? I always try to plan my workout during B's naptime but it doesn't always work. If that's the case he usually just hangs and plays in the basement with me.

Colleen- Your yoga week sounds amazing! I have yet to complete Yin. I started it one time and was just too bored and distracted. I'll have to try it again soon.

Nancy- Way to take a rest day. Rolling sounds nice and probably just what your muscles needed. I'm with ya though. When I get on a roll it's hard to stop.

Hi Justina and Sarah!

Hi everyone :)

Yesterday Bella was sick w/fever so she didn't go to school. I'm keeping her home today as well. LOL it didn't take very long for her to get sick :rolleyes:.

Yesterday I warmed up with my foam roller and the ESM (aka-Elliott Shoulder Move). OMG love the way it warm-ups the shoulder joint and increases flexibility! Then onto my w/o:

1) 6x4R barbell reverse lunges

2) 6x4R front squats (I added this one in because I really want to nail it!)

3) 6x4R push-ups (w/15lbs vest) superset w/
6x4R inverted rows (w/15lbs vest)

I was tired from a rough night so I called it quits after that.

Marie
Bella stopped napping at 2 1/2yrs old :mad::(. Before then I was almost always planning my w/o's around her long afternoon nap (unless I really needed the nap too ;)). If B will hang out in some form of contraption while you exercise, that's awesome! Bella hated all those bouncy, exersaucer-type thingies.

Justina
How are the kids liking school so far? Is Jackson in pre-school?

Nancy
You should def do some sort of recovery or de-load week [enter ahhh feeling here]. I liked that I was still lifting 2x/week, but not really heavy or challenging, so my muscles got to recover nicely. I felt awesome and ready to go the following week :eek:.

Hey hey!

Quick check in to say yesterday was Trisets Lower Body and a hour walk :)

Today I'm almost done with work and then I'm headed home for a little CSS with my mom.

Have a good evening everyone :)

Hi everyone :)

Yesterday Bella was sick w/fever so she didn't go to school. I'm keeping her home today as well. LOL it didn't take very long for her to get sick :rolleyes:.

Marie
Bella stopped napping at 2 1/2yrs old :mad::(. Before then I was almost always planning my w/o's around her long afternoon nap (unless I really needed the nap too ;)). If B will hang out in some form of contraption while you exercise, that's awesome! Bella hated all those bouncy, exersaucer-type thingies.

Poor Bella! Hope she is feeling better today!

Yeah B used to like all those bouncy things but hates them now. He's like how dare you keep me confined like that lol. I usually just let him crawl around if he happens not to nap or I nap with him ;) because as you know that is needed sometimes :) I was doing jacks with the discs the other day and he was chasing them around. It was too cute :) When I step he has been known to climb on the step with me :) That makes for a more complicated workout :)

Marie- You are SOOO lucky your mom is working out with you! I am so dang jealous! lol :eek: I wish my mom was like that. Every time you report a Cathe workout your mom is doing I just find myself smiling like an idiot. :D I LOVE IT!! You should tell your mom how all these people on the internet are proud of her! ;)

Natty- The kids are doing great! We started getting homework assignments right away the first week, though. :confused: They sure do like to pile on the homework with kids these days compared to when I was young!

So let's see...workouts. Friday I did Kettlebell Kickboxing: Double kettlebell cardio challenge. I don't have two kettlebells of the same size so I had to do uneven weights, hoping she would repeat the exercises at some point so I could switch sides. Since that didn't happen, I decided to chapter skip back to the beginning of the workout and re-do it with the heavier bell on the other side. :eek: It ended up making the workout about 55 minutes that way (normally a 35 minute workout). This series is going to be GOOD!

Did anyone else check out Cathe's clips for the new workouts? The step ones, of course, are not for me. I got dizzy just watching those complicated steps! lol I like the looks of X10, though. I do see some parts I will have to modify or take to the rebounder, though.

Today's workout will be Crossfire! :eek: If there's time, I may do a little HoCo 101 as well. We'll see how much energy I have! ;)

Hello ladies :)

Yesterday we went to an apple farm with Bella's godmother, my aunt and uncle, my 2 cousin's and their son (the one with Leukemia). We had a great time! Went on an awesome hay ride around the apple orchard, down a beautiful trail w/swinging ropes hanging from the tree's (lol the adults had fun with this just as much as the kid's), pet some goats and sheep, pony rides for the kids. I left that sucker with some farm fresh pumpkin pie (TO DIE FOR) and lava cookies :eek::p.

My w/o today (training w/Metallica, which really pumps me up like a bad a$$ :eek:) was:

1) 8x4R squats

2) 2x25R barbell glute bridges

3) 6x4R bar dips superset w/
6x4R bent over barbell rows

I didn't do any beach work or finisher's, instead I practiced on my deadlift and did some foam rolling.

Gotta scoot! BBL for personals!

Just got back from Anthony Lakes. Normally I would have been hiking about 5-15 miles a day, but this year I didn't do any hiking. I was feeling a little guilty about my hiking partner (sam the dog). She's getting pretty gimpy and I just couldnt go without her and she loves it so much. I took some short strolls around the lake, took some short bike rides with the kids. Mostly just fished while canoeing for hours upon hours (with little luck).

Nat - I am sorry Bella has already managed to get sick. Unfortunately, my kids were sick much of their first year in school. Sounds like you had a great day at the apple orchard. I picked my first apple off our apple tree when I got home tonight so I totally was on the same page as you. Excellent squat numbers ; )

Marie - Hope CCC went well. I thank god for the core segments it gives me just enough time to get my heart rate down. Have fun in Florida. Cute little bungalow. I think we are going to have to be picking a sunny destination spot in the middle of winter in Alaska. Ive heard that Alaska air gives cheaper rates to Alaskans going to Hawaii. I never been, never had an interest either but I can see how nice it would be in the middle of an Alaskan winter.

Justina - I hope things are going better for you.

Nancy - That is a long stint w/o a day off. I love hiking †oo. I dont usually count it as exercise either because I love it so. I just had a moment when I typed that. I realized if I really love something and I don't push myself to do it then it "doesn't count". I love exercise but its not on the same level as hiking.

Hi Jen - How are things going? Its nice for you to pop in.

Sarah

Hi everyone!
Hope you are all well.

I have to get back into shape. I don't feel my best now but I'm working on it.
I've been doing the Burn Set express workouts. Any other short workouts you ladies can recommend? I'm getting bored. :)

ok. three mins to wrap up before heading out the door. I left work late last night; had to pretty much run to the train station from my office building.

Have a good night!

Justina

B's 11 months today...oh my! Little dude is waking all over the place.

We went for an hour walk today and during his nap I did Turbo Barre....the whole thing. It's so dang long. I think I've only done the whole thing once. I'm all about the premix. As I've probably mentioned before I'm a cardio freak but my new goal is to do one weight workout a weight with a focus on lower body.

Not too much much going on other than that. Tony and I are just chilling. He's watching a movie. I don't have the attention span for those things lol.

Alright off to search meetups.com for a playgroup. We have been going to storytime lately and at the end when they bring out the toys for the kids to play I notice B is really shy and likes to hang by mama. Nothing wrong with that I just hope he's more outgoing than I was as a child so I'm hoping to find a group of kids he can play with. We shall see......

Last edited:
Ninja check in!

This week I started my Kettlebell Kickboxing/HoCo/Cathe hiit and lower body rotation. I plan on alternating these workouts for the next month or so. I got a little burned out on traditional weight lifting with STS. I'm excited for this change of pace! :D

Tuesday I did KBKB Body Series: Limitless Lean Legs. Then Tuesday I did a killer lower body combo with Cathe :eek:~ First Athletic Training: leg/cardio premix (~30 min) followed by Lower Body Blast: standing only portion (~35 minutes). I wore my 8 lb vest during LBB and generally tried to go heavier than Cathe's weight selections (although sometimes matching it).

What do you guys think of the clips for Cathe's newest so far? I love the looks of Flex Train (I bet I'll be able to alternate this with SC and TF for my deload/recovery type weeks), most of X10 (although I see a few spots I'll have to modify or do on my rebounder), Lean Legs and the Glutes one. I won't be using the floor or barre sections of those last two very much, but I think if I up the weights used they look like they will be great! I may even experiment with wearing my 8 lb weight vest while doing the two leg ones. I hope Cathe puts up a longer clip of Rockout Knockout. The one they put up at Collage isn't that great and it's hard to get a real feel for the workout. I do wish Cathe would ditch the big boxing gloves. For some reason I find them really distracting. :eek:

Gotta go do my workout for today! I'm planning on KBKB 40/20 cardio (~30 minutes) plus HoCo 101 (~30 minutes). TTYL girls!

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is well.

I did STS last night. Love the old fashion weight lifting. :D I'm slowing getting back in to the swing of things. I did Turbo Fire on Monday night. I can only do those hiit workouts not the long cardio ones. Not crazy about cardio at all.

Hi Marie, Jack was the same way at school. Whenever I drop him off, he likes to hang by me. I had to encourge him to go play with his little friends. He went to a birthday party (his first one) some months back, he held on to my leg for a good 10 minutes before he relaxed. I think this is something they will grow out of. It takes me awhile to make friends. Maybe Jack is the same way. :D

Hi Colleen,
I haven't seen any of the clips yet. I know it would only make me want to buy more DVDs. LOL. I need to keep the ones I have and mix 'em up to keep things interesting.

Hi Nancy, Natasha and Sarah.
How are you ladies doing?

Checking in with no workout today ;) I am working til 3:30 and it's family night tonight. We may take a walk to the park but are for sure thinking Sealife :) Love my family nights!!!

Yesterday was Rebecca Small's Step 2 Success :) Love her step!

Looking forward to FlexTrain. Looks like a fun workout!

Alright off to give report to the eve nurses.

Have a good evening everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.