WEN alert (a good deal)

Thanks to these Wen threads, my bank account is getting depleted...:p For those of you who use 613, what exactly is it? Does it work like the regular cleansing conditioners or is it something extra that you only use once in awhile? Also, is it available on QVC only once in awhile or have they stopped carrying it altogether? I tried to order it there but it was unavailable.

Sorry for all of these questions, but I'm new to Wen and you guys have lots of info!

Update on my results (fine straight porous highlighted hard to wet comb out hair)

I am glad I got the 5 pack 16 oz bottles of assorted flavors so that I could experiment in a meaningful way.

I now think that Pom is the best one for me as far as giving me a comb out, I think better than Fig and even better than 6 13 and prob about the same as WVM, but that bottle ran out before I could really compare those two back to back.

613 is used in the same manner as the other wen flavors, I think Chaz is extra jazzed about the ingredients and its inspiration, but I use it the same way. I've seen it available on QVC twice since the Wen threads here on Cathe. I ordered it, ended up on a wait list and then they shipped it when it came back in stock.

Also, one of the Wen's is causing my scalp to itch (fig or 613) or more likely, it is not a particular formula, but just a reaction to my overnight use, which I have now discontinued doing. Anyone else have this problem?

I haven't had as much experience w/ Lavender or Almond Mint b/c those are in a different shower, but Lavender seemed to be least effective at making my hair comb out easily, but did seem to do a nice job on dd teen hair.

A friend just gave me her Almond mint Remoist, styling creme and texture balm. I've only just tried the Remoist, but I think it may be the next level of Wow for me. I left it in for a few hours today after using Fig to cleanse. Dang my hair feels nice. : )

RE: lotions: I did NOT like the bath or lotions - I got lavendar scent - and it smelled like Pledge spray wax .. not at all like the shampoo .. now that being said .. the formula was awesome .. left my skin silky smooth ... but I am an aroma kinda gal when it comes to my body .. so it had to go!!!

Hair: been using Wen for about 3 months now .. LUV LUV LUV it ... I use a combo of scents w/sweet almond as the base ... my fav so far is the sweet almond, winter mint, and pom ... wonderful .. and my hair looks awesome!! feels awesome ..

I did exerperience the drying of part of my hair when I was using them as a whole .. mainly the lavendar scent seemed to be the culprit ...

I do use reg shampoo/conditioner once a week ... and it also feels good . but the next day when I go back to Wen .. my hair does great .. my style last longer when using Wen .. and my color last longer!!! LOVE IT!!

(I am blonde - hair is normal to dry - fine to med thick HTH!!!!)

I think the WEN is great for blond or gray, but it totally messes with my hair color (red) so it's going back, unfortunately, because otherwise I love the stuff. The "original" formulas were the worst - they actually lay down a layer of butter yellow on my hair. And my hairdresser has another client that swears by Wen but it does the same thing with her hair (she apparently overlooks it - I can't). Very disappointing, because the cleanser works great for me, but I can't spend a fortune on color and then buy expensive cleanser that trashes the color. Sad.

So I tried the Hair One finally. I got the one for curly hair. I love it. My hair is really soft today and was still damp this morning. That means my hair is retaining moisture. So very cool. Not too fond of the smell, but at least it isn't that horrible menthol smell.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.