Well *sigh* I tried....

I think I remember that now!! Yes, I know the area well, have lots of relatives in the Peoria area. I was supposed to meet my Mom y'day there, but have sick kiddos so ended up having to stay home. :-(

Yep, I've heard it's the fastest 4 mile race and the 15K is the one that my friend did. I have thought about the BIX too, but it's in July and is always really hot then. My cousins invited me to do some of RAGBRAI (the biking in IA) so I might do a couple days of that. My first marathon (oh, and last! LOL) I ran was the Quad Cities in Sept '06.

That would be really cool to meet up, I'll let you know!! I know for sure that we're doing the 12K, it's going to depend on my running buddies (both have been dealing w/ achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis- yuck!).

Feel free to email anytime!

Congratulations! How great you must feel! :) :)

I got a chuckle out of your man on crutches...in a race I was in a few years back, I pushed to get in front of a 90 year old man that was just moving like crazy!!! HA! But I beat him! :)

Jo

Great job, Evily!!!!! }( :p :7 I'm so happy for you!!!

Way to kick that one-legged guy's butt, LOL!! :p I still remember when I passed the one-armed man on a trail run... and I passed him because I was tying his shoe... and then of course later he passed me again!!! LOL I love it... I think I'd still be on the trail if I were trying to tie my shoe one handed!!!! :+

I'm so glad you got out there and made peace with last place... and then BLEW IT AWAY!!!! }( Nice job!

Hey, Emily! Great job!!! And I don't care what you say, it DOES look like you're smiling. I'm glad you had a good time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.