Weightloss Challenge Now to Dec 31st - Aug 17th

rcsaros

Cathlete
Morning everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.

My workout this morning was butts/guts Leg Blast premix. Not sure what I think about this one but I was certainly sweating a ton. I will see how my legs feel later today.

I don't check in on the weekends as I don't get on the computer much. So hope everyone has a great weekend.

Rhonda

I thought I posted yesterday not sure. I got gym styles biceps shoulders and back in mail yesterday! I did the timesaver one since I had to work late. I then did yoga for weight loss today. I plan on crossfire. I think I should have done cf first because yoga relax me so much I'm now sleepy and love hoe my muscles are feeling all stretched! I'm waiting for step moves to come in as well. Gawd I don't need more but I can't seem to stop! Lol
I weighed myself today I am still at the pne pound loss and it has been two weeks since. I guess it looks like an additional few ounces lol. Wow not much loss but you know at least I didn't gain that pound back.. I guess I'm gonna keep on even if it is one pound every three weeks ..it is better. Then where I was and that was gaining steady. So now on with cf or whatever goody I find in the mail!

Hello! Last night I did do the CTX All Upper Body w/o. What a lil unexpected surprise! This is the first w/o since STS that I couldn't keep matching Cathe. I am feeling the DOMS especially in my bis and tris but my chest, shoulders, and back too!! wowser! I'll have to keep this w/o in mind to revisit.

Today was another run/walk alternating longer jog times of either 4 or 8 minutes. I like the intervals cuz they go fast as you are always switching things up whereas running longer stretches gets a lil boring, but that's the goal is to run Gina!! I followed it up with STS TB Lower Body premix that one sure is fast and furious like Meso 1! and I also did the legs from Muscle Max (very short premix) as it had leg presses and plie squats that STS didn't have. I can't believe I am still walking cuz I did weights right after running. Im crazy :eek:

Yes, Sue, I really liked doing that walk/jog/sprint and will do it once weekly. It should def help with increasing my speed. I change up my interals of run/walk all the time! That's the only thing that keeps me motivated to keep running really. I need variety!!
It's okay to take a break, but I tend to eat better when I w/o! Exercise has become a must for me and it's a priority in my schedule. Just like anything else you do every day like brushing your teeth. It's become my precious "me" time.

Shereta I think your weight loss is great! that's a healthy 1.5#/wk avg. Awesome :D Wt loss is slower as we age I've come to learn :(
Kuddos for listening to your body and not pushin for the 10 miles. 8 Miles?! Incredibly good :) Some days our bodies just aren't up to what we have planned.

Rhonda have a great w/e and we'll look forward to catching up with you next week!

Renee join the crowd. I was the same way with buying her w/os. I ended up acquiring all of them! and now, I don't even hesitate, I pre-order every time!! Hey, isn't this a healthy addiction?! It's cheaper than medical bills from weight and inactivity related diseases!! I can conjure up more rationalizations for your purchases if you wish ;)

I am liking the Fitdesk! I ride as I am on the computer (like now) and then at night I'm on it while I watch an hr tv show. I am going to start trying to read while on it. My soreness "down there" is a notch better than yest :eek: but I know it will adapt and be fine with time and use. I determined it burns double the calories for me versus just sitting. So that's good! Altho Sue, walking on the treadmill burns double than riding. So, I may throw the treamdill desk in a few times, but riding is nicer to my feet. I have to watch how much I am on them cuz my plantar fascitis flares up. And the goal was for me to increase my NEAT activity as they say just sitting is a killer EVEN IF you workout! This I like doing better than the TM anyhow.

ok everyone, have a great day and workouts if you have yet to do one!

Gina

Back to report crossfire is done! Got my shower in and working on finishing up my laundry. Then spend evening with hubby on porch if it cools down some.
Great job on fitdesk! I want one now lol

Had a really great hike with DH and DD this morning. We left DS home and did a speedy 4 mile up and down on a beautiful mountain, and thankfully no tragedy this time. Tomorrow is hopefully a really long bike ride if the weather clears up. My mid-section is starting to show the perils of vacation dinning, not pretty! I'll be cleaining things up big time on Monday.

I hope you all have a great weekend! : )

My workout today was a 6 mile run. It was a great morning for it...cool and clear. Tomorrow I think I'll do Stretch Max as I've been feeling tight all over lately. I'm also trying to think about the food I put into my mouth BEFORE I eat it. I have a wicked sweet tooth so that's a challenge for me.
Hope you all have a great weekend.

Brandee

Good Morning Ladies,

I had a great 3 day conference. I ate too many sweets but they were all worth it. Back on track today with Hight reps. I've already planned my meals out and I'm heading out for a great day.

I have butterflies this morning thinking about all the changes happening this week. My mom's last chemo is this Wednesday, and I could cry for the relief in it. The last week of STS for me and the last week of summer vacation for my kids. The viewing for my DD's senior pictures are today and that is also bittersweet. Just lots of changes going on and so far its incredibly motivating. My brain is excited to get back to solid structure and predictability.

With the obvious change of season, I'm pulling out the cookbooks and going back to making fresh bread and slow cooking meals. Will be seaching the library for a book on week long meal planning. Our grocery bill is out of control, there must be a more efficent way to spread our meals out.

Today also renews my NO ICE CREAM rule. That's an all or nothing for me, I think I had some everyday on vacation. : /

Good luck to everyone today. : )

Morning everyone. Done 1.5 pounds this week. Hope to continue this but weekends are my downfall. So back at it today.

This morning was KCM Circuit burn. Still sticking to this rotation of mine and enjoying it. Some mornings it is just hard to get up and do my workout but 4am is early and there are days I just want to hit the snooze and sleep but I force myself to get up. Once I am going I am fine, it is just th thought.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Rhonda

Good morning girls!

The scale finally budged, and I'm down 1.5 pounds!

More positive news is that I finished STS - woohoo! I'm so proud of myself. I had done it through once before, but prior to this attempt, I had started it a couple of times and never finished it. So I'm really proud of myself for sticking with the program and getting it done.

PLUS, I reached my goal this month of running 11 miles! So I'm feeling very pumped about the half marathon next month and know that I can do it.

I just wanted to check-in quickly cause I've been away for a couple of days. I'll be back after I've thoroughly read all your posts.

OK - that's annoying. I just finished typing up a huge post, but pressed the wrong button and lost it all! So I gotta start over!! Oh well.

Rhonda - good job on Butts & Guts. That one is such a challenge. I did it the whole way through last week and forgot how hard the second section is after you've fried your legs on the first section. The floor work is tough!

Congrats on your weight loss too! Way to go!!

Renee - Sounds like you're still on the right track. How's your pf? Any flare-ups recently?

Gina - I forgot how much I like CTX upper body. Its been ages since I've done it.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your running and keeping it interesting.

I think you asked me last week about how I'll get my carbohydrates if I don't eat wheat. Well, I've been eating sweet potatoes, beans of all types, quinoa. Seems to be ok so far. Although I have to confess that Saturday night I was in great need of some comfort food, and I caved to a Montreal bagel. Lemme tell you, those things are SOOOO good!!!! At least I ate it with fat-free cream cheese & sugar-free jam. It was worth it.

Tina - You really sound like you're in a good place with things coming together. We always need to pause and re-evaluate our situation. Sounds like you have a good plan with revamping your menus and planning meals in advance. I'm sure it'll have a good impact on your diet and your wallet!

How is your mom doing? How did you do on your icecream challenge?

Brandee - way to go on the 6-mile run! You mentioned before that sometimes your feet are sore. How did you hold up on this run?

Shereta - Keep up the good work. High Reps is a fun one - fast-paced & good music.

This morning I did STS disc # 31. I wanted to get a quick run in afterwards but 3 of the kiddos were awake...and hungry, so that will have to wait. Maybe I'll do it this afternoon.

Brandee - way to go on the 6-mile run! You mentioned before that sometimes your feet are sore. How did you hold up on this run?

I'm fighting a very mild heel spur, as long as I keep my runs to 8 or less, I seem to be fine. I'm really trying to be careful as I have a friend who got a serious one a year ago. She had to take almost a year off from running and still only is able to run twice a week.

Low intensity step from 4ds. Had to do low intensity...my foott hurting today. Tomorrow is a weight day.my dad is in hospital they are amputating his foot. Not sure how he will take it.. I have to go to him.

hi all! I haven't checked in in a few, still having a hard time getting a workout in, I bit the bullet this morning and got it done first thing before the day got away from me. need to keep doing it early. this morning did 15 minutes of jogging, basic step over the weekend, 3 days of not worrying out last week. my appetite has grown too, still no sugar, still eating in my mealplan but I'm starting to get cravings and feeling deprived. I just need to remember I started this for a reason and I have lost some weight whereas I was at a standstill before.

Renee - I'm so sorry to hear about your father, i hope you can help him through it.

Tina & Shereta how did getting back on the diet track go today?

Rhonda congrats on the weight loss!

awesome job on finishing STS Melanie!

hi to Gina & Brandee :)

My workout for today was a 7 mile run. I'll spend the rest of the day running errands, picking up school stuff, and finalizing outfits for our family photos tomorrow. It's still a battle to keep the sweets under control. We had family over the other night and sat around the fire making s'mores for the kids.... and one for me. Oh well, at least I stopped at one, in the past I would have had more.

Morning everyone,

This morning was Susan Chung's Rapid Fire kickbox workout (the second one).

Renee- Hope your foot starts feeling better.

Rhonda

Hi All !! Wow. I had a busy w/e with family. Then I had to prepare and attend a Worker's Comp hearing yesterday. So time for me was quite limited the past few days, but I got my w/os in :D I'll give you a run down of what I've done:
Saturday I did High Step Challenge. I really like circuits as they keep me breathin and sweatin and they go by so fast with all the changing back and forth.
Sunday I did a 3 mile Leslie Sansone walk as my recovery day.
Monday was a 4DS High Intensity Circuit. It only included upper body so I did 4DS Legs and Calves afterwards to round it out.
Today, was my long run of 4 miles which I accomplished by doing cycles of jogging 5 minutes with a 1 minute walk. That minute sure flies by! but it is amazing how it allows you to keep going further than you ever would just running straight. In a lil bit, I hope to go knock out TB Trisets Lower Body.

Tina, wow, what a week!!! I am so happy that chemo is finishing up for your mother. That is a brutal time to endure for everyone. She is in my prayers for her recovery and hopefully remission. STS I know has given you the strength, endurance, and confidence to get through all of your life changes! Kuddos for seeing it through to the end for yourself :D

Rhonda congrats on the wt loss!! I weigh in tmrw **fingers crossed**. Oh my gosh, 4 am ?!?!. God Bless you cuz I know that would be extremely hard for me to do!!

Melanie...yea :D on the 1.5#!! See? We all knew it was gonna come off!! It just takes it own time and then bam, it drops! And 11 miles?! AWESOME :cool:
ooh, I ALWAYS save my text as I type along cuz losing my info has happened one too many times!! Just hold down both Control & A keys to highlight the entire post and then both Control & S keys to save it! And it'll be on standby in case that happens again. I hate when that happens :mad:
I had tricep DOMS for 3 Days after CTX Upper Body!!!
Im glad to see that you are getting carb intake! Thank you for explaining. I worry about my gals, you know?! ;):p

Brandee, wow, you are more a runner than I thought you were!!;) Great job on the 6 miler!!!

Renee, My prayers are with you and your father. I'm sorry to hear that it had to come down to that. Is he nearby?

Sue...what's up? Have you been tired? too much to do? Just unmotivated or burnt out? Yes, I w/o first thing in the morning or distractions always derail me later in the day. Please try and schedule that time for yourself!! sooo important!! Are you eating enough? Are you getting quality nutrition in? I know if I don't eat enough fruit, veggies, and carbs, my cravings and hunger skyrocket! Just a few thoughts... Im pullin for ya!!

Shereta, hope you are back on track. Sometimes you need those extra indulgences to keep your body on track to lose weight!! I haven't done High Reps in awhile. so many w/os to choose from!!

Ok guys, hope Im all caught up and addressed everyone :) Keep rocking your workouts, handling life and its stress, and moving forward with love and confidence that we can accomplish all we need and want to do!

Gina

Another day where I didn't get the wo done first thing, but I did do yoga max today. Ate clean until dinner, then had homemade pizza.

Brandee I have an out of control sweet tooth too. I am avoiding all sweets this month and it was going well until a few days ago when the cravings kicked in. I haven't caved but it's getting pretty difficult to keep my resolve.

Gina I think I'm in a funk. I've never been good at balance so when work got busy other stuff slid (incl working out), then I don't get the endorphins because I didn't work out and I get disappointed in myself.... enter snowball... I am doing well getting my nutrients, veggies, fruits though. you're right I need to prioritize myself :) your workout list just since Saturday makes my head spin - you go!

Renee - how is your dad? are you holding up okay?

Wave hello to everyone else, I hope things are going well for you all :)

Hi All

I'm really struggling with keeping up with my running plan. I miss my Cathe workouts soooooo much. Today, I did LIC step and tomorrow I'm doing HSC. I plan to rest on Friday and get a long run in on Saturday. It may be because I'm checking in on this site and not a running site. It's so hard to hear about her workouts, but I have running planned. It might be easier to run if most folks are talking about running. I may check in on a running site after Dec. I cant switch now because I just cant start something and not finish it. Next week, I will work hard to run at least 3 times. This week, Im only getting 2 in. Im not really worried about finishing the half next month. My running endurance is good as long as I rest the day before. I just miss those hard, fun workouts.

No workout for me today. Were having family photos taken this morning. We have to be dressed and out of the house by 9:45. Hoping the kids are in a smiling mood and the photos go well!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.