!!!!!!!!!Weightloss Challenge for Nov

Good morning girls - This morning was To the Max Extreme for me. I burned 570 calories - which is much lower than indicated on the WM. But I'm going by what my heart rate monitor tells me.

I can't decide which one is tougher - Cross Fire Extreme or TTM Extreme. Somedays one is tougher, somedays the other is. Well, I love both of those workouts. They are quickly becoming my favourites.

Tina - I totally agree with you about wanting another IMAX 4! I love the IMAX workouts. Congrats on the mileage! That is really amazing!!!

Sue - I agree with Tina on the 1RM testing. I was off too the first time I did STS, and actually it was shoulders that I was off on - too high. I quickly realized that I couldn't handle the weights originally calculated and just made the adjustment.

Good for you for getting those push-ups on the ball - your core must be really strong. I CANNOT do those!!! My arms shake way too much so I just drop to the floor.

I'm trying to get more Omega 3 in my diet, so this morning I cooked up some sardines with my veggie omelette...kind of gross, but I ate it anyways :) My husband opened all the windows in our place to try to get rid of the smell!!! Not sure if I'll try sardines again, maybe I'll just stick with salmon.

Congrats Tina!

Hey Tina! I just checked Cathe's Race Across America and see that you're on the top 10 Leaderboard. Fembot40 reprezentin' our little Weightloss Challenge group! Woohoo!!!!

Hey, Ladies

today's workout was a shortened version of STS TB. Legs are frried.

The HR monitor I use came from Walmart ofr about $27. You hold a little button to check your HR and it keeps a running tab of how many calories you are burning. No downloading . It's not that adavanced.

melanie, for more Omega 3, buy the best eggs and drop the sardines. Yikes. You killing me.

Hello Ladies!

I have been reading along on your thread for awhile and now that I am finally starting up again on my workouts and get in shape/weight loss efforts I could really use a place to give and get support. I am also doing similar things to some of you, starting up on STS again and training to run races, etc. Could you perhaps spare extra space in your check-in for me? :)

Thanks,
MJ

Today was STS D6 legs, I'm starting to wonder if I'm cut out for STS. I just had to cut out early on some of the exercises (lunges). But I did go all the way through the bonus section, you should have seen my face - grimace, grimace, grimace!

Tina congrats on making the leader board! Yes, I got my run in last night, the race on Saturday is a 5k. I hear you on not being ready to limit calories right now. The season change has me making more pasta casseroles. it's probably been about a month since I've had a salad, my brain thinks of it as summer food. Are you in the path of the nor'easter that's coming?

Melanie I don't have the new workouts so I don't know which is harder. I assume they're both too hard for me :) That's funny about the sardines, I think adding more healthy items to the menu is a bit like kissing frogs.

Shereta good job frying your legs :) I'm feeling it with you today!

Welcome MJ! tell us s little more about yourself... how much weight do you have to lose? do you have a strategy you're using?

Have a great Thursday :)

Good morning girls - this morning was Afterburn. I really loved it. Especially because I was able to complete some of those moves I haven't been able to do in the past, and just crumpled on the ground in sheer exhaustion! There's a move where your feet are on the disks, and you drag yourself forward in a plank position, then do staggered push-ups. Well, I've only ever been able to drag myself forward & back ONCE. This time, I completed them all!! That is an accomplishment I am really proud of!

Sue - don't give up on STS. You are cut out for it - you'll see. Honestly, if you can do the Warrior Dash, I'm sure you can get through STS. I seem to remember the first time I did it I found the leg workouts tough - especially D9 (sorry if I'm scaring you...) You can do this Sue!!

Shereta - yeah, I'm giving up on sardines. When I came home from work last night, my place still smelled!!

Have a great day all!

Welcome MJ!!!!!

Today's workout was HiiT Pyramid. Good and short. I went to bed at 12 so getn up and working out was huge for me.

Go, Tina, go, Tina!!!!!!

Oh the Imaxes. Gotta get one in soon. Imax - love working on 8in and proving my strength, Imax2 - love the music. Imax - love the fun. What in the world could she do with an Imax 4? I cannot immagine.

Weigh in tomorrow. I can tell I'm loosing inches!!!!!

Today was Imax 3 and the end combo and stretch from AS. Depending on the weather on Saturday, I may break out Imax 2 to make it a complete Imax week. My PF is acting up, so I can't wait to get back to weight work. It seems to act up in the winter.

Thanks for the shout out Melanie, that cracked me up. I don't have the new workouts either. Are they like Athletic Training or Afterburn? I've been thinking about ordering them, but I've never warmed up to AT or Intensity. I do really like Afterburn though.

Sue, don't give up on STS, you'll see huge improvements from it. If it was easy the first time through, it wouldn't be worth the investment. I'm on my third run through and I still can't do a proper bleeping tricep pushup. It's very different next Meso cycle, and that's only a few weeks away. You Can Do This!

Shereta, good luck at weigh in. Congrats on the inches lost!

Welcome MJ! : )

Today was D5 back/tri, everything except the pull/chin ups. Knee pushups all the way, I didn't even attempt any on my toes. 3 mile mostly walk, a little jogging but my legs are fried from yesterday so I didn't push it. I'm continuing STS, I just needed to whine a little :)

Melanie you're a rock star with afterburn! That is one tough workout.

Shereta good luck tomorrow! The inches are where it's at!

Tina sorry to hear about the PF, is there anything you can do to coax it away?

Tomorrow should be yoga relax for me, Yay! Have a good one :)

Good Morning...thanks for the warm welcome :)

Last night I did STS M1D3 legs...I have forgotten how hard the M1 endurance leg discs are for me. There is something about the way they are sequenced and the extras she puts in like leg extensions on wall squats that just end up making me grumpy and uncomfortable the whole time...but I am determined to push through it. I am much better in M2 when it gets to trisets. This morning I did run/walk intervals on heavy legs and now sitting at work I feel the DOMS coming. May need help getting out of the chair in a bit lol

A little about where I am now...A few years ago I lost about 65lbs through a lot of Cathe, walking and tennis...then I ended up going through some extra stressful times and instead of keeping up my new habits to cope with things, I let my old habits creep back in over time and of course, now I have gained back 40 of those lbs....blah! It sucks, but its where I am now, so no sense in dwelling on it. So now I am finally ready to start taking care of myself properly again.

I started back last week with STS and starting from the beginning on training to run. Due to the shock I experienced in how hard everything was physically last week, I decided to repeat the same week over again this week to try to build some foundation back in....this week feels much better..but still hard. lol Starting from scratch again is tough and something I dont want to experience again if at all possible, so I better make it stick for good this time lol :p So anyway, I am going to be doing a 5 1/2 month version of STS along with a 13wk walk/run to running a 10k plan and then see where I go from there.

Great job in all your efforts and workouts this week! You seem like very nice ladies and I look forward to getting to know you along the way. (I will get better with personals as we go along lol)

Have a great Friday!

MJ :cool:

Rest day for me, was going to do yoga but didn't fit it in. MJ good for you for starting again :). Cheers to you all, have a good weekend!

Hey Sue, late night for you also? I feel a rest day coming soon too. Maybe Tuesday, my house needs a deep cleaning.

Welcome MJ, nice to hear from another STS user. Congrats on getting motivated again, sounds like you have a great momentum going. Would love to hear more about you. : )

Today was Kickbox Xtreme. DH says were biking in the morning, but I may have to pretend to be too tired, it's a little chilly to say the least. Weather man says possibly 70 on Monday, WOOT! Glad I kept the screens in the back part of the house still in.

Still revising my holiday survival plan, I'll post it when it's solid.

Hope you have a great weekend. : )

finished the race, there were bottlenecks before a couple of obstacles so my time wasn't great. attaching a picture, my sister on the right w her hands in the air, I'm on the left. it really was fun, a little intimidating on the higher obstacles. my cathe training has served me well :)

So Tina did you kickbox today or brave the frigid outdoors w hubby? I've still got my holiday plan kicking around the back of my mind, gotta firm that up.

I hope you ladies are having a good weekend!

Attachments

• image-222131690.jpg
    image-222131690.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 12
I posted before leaving for work, but I must have clicked off before it uploaded. So now my message of encourgement is a little late. Awesome photo Sue! How did you ever get home like that? My SIL just did a similar race a few weeks ago, she loved it. I can't imagine slipping through mud and racing. Awesome job. : )

I was a good girl and didn't feign illness when DH woke me up this morning to bike. It was beautiful weather and tomorrow promises to be a bit warmer.
I am definitely solar powered.

Hey everyone!

Sue - way to go on the Warrior Dash!!! I second Tina's question - how the heck did you get home??? Will you do it again next year? Glad to hear your Cathe training paid off - and how fun is it that you could do it with your sister? WOW - that is really all I can say!!! So what did you do to reward yourselves?

Tina - Glad to hear you had a good bike with your hubby.

This morning was Step Blast on an 8 inch step. Tonight I'm going out to a new restaurant in town - a new english pub that has no salads/light options on the menu. But my hubby and friends really want to try it and I'm going to allow myself to enjoy it rather than worrying about the scale.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Hey Tina - just saw your ?? about the new workouts (To the Max & CrossFire). I enjoy them a lot more than Athletic Training. I do enjoy Afterburn, but these workouts are also different from AB. I find that they move much faster and I really like the tabata drills & Hiits. CrossFire has some really good plyo moves with the band loop around your ankles. I also like the music better in these workouts than in Athletic Training/Afterburn.

If you're looking for a new challenge during the winter, I would recommend these two. I think Shereta has these workouts, so maybe she could also let you know what she thinks fo them.

Good Sunday Morning!

Way to go Sue on the Warrior Dash! Very cool! Those races look like a lot of fun (a goal for another time) for now just getting to a full 5k is enough for me. lol

Tina - Glad you enjoyed the bike ride in the good weather. I have been riding my bike on and off throughout the hot florida summer, so I am glad the weather is breaking here again for some cooler rides. Although, we tend to ride to breakfast, so does it count as a workout if you eat french toast in the middle of it? :p

I finished with M1D1 of STS on Friday evening after going to see the new James Bond movie, which was great by the way. Saturday I did some step by Rebecca Small and this morning I finished my run/walks for the week. Now I get to start all over again tomorrow with the new week. ;)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

MJ :cool:

Today was a mega hill climb bike ride. DH took us on his group ride route. He had an evil grin on his face the whole way, I could see the laugh crinkles around his eyes when we pulled onto Wednesday Hill Rd. How can one road be all up hill? Much colder today, lots of hot cocoa for recovery. We did the abs and stretch from LIC, and I realized I haven't done this workout in ages. I'm going to add the cardio portion into my rotation this week.

Thanks Melanie for the descriptions on the new workouts....enabler. ; ) I really do want these now, I've yet to see any negative reviews on either one. I don't think I could get through Step Blast on an 8 inch step, phew! Hope you had something tasty when you went out.

MJ, riding in Florida heat sounds tough, I think I'd rather be cold.

: ) Tina

Sorry I've been MIA. Was having a church conference. I should be back to working out tomorrow.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.