Weighted Vest

soon2bfit

Cathlete
Does anyone have any info on the weighted vest, when it will be available, who makes it, price point? I have been looking online and most of the vests have the weight around the abs as opposed to Cathe's which looks like it is more on the shoulders and back.

At the road trip, they had a prototype. It is going to be marketed by Altus and available in various sporting goods stores. But they didn't give a realease date. I tried it on and it was pretty comfortable but seemed a little light. 20 pounds might be better

Does anyone have any info on the weighted vest, when it will be available, who makes it, price point? I have been looking online and most of the vests have the weight around the abs as opposed to Cathe's which looks like it is more on the shoulders and back.

We actually have these in stock now and will begin selling them within in the next week or two.

I'm pretty sure all the weight was on the back, and I have a feeling they won't go to 20. Altus does have a 12 pounder, but it sounded like the Cathe line would only be a 10. It was very comfy.

-Beth

Will any of the stores that were listed as carry the Cathe Fitness Gear being carrying the weighted vest also or can you only order it from Cathe.com?

www.ironwearfitness.com sells them - although they aren't not Cathegear. I'm not sure about stores though. Maybe a sporting goods store will sell them. I think 10# is too light for me. I'm going to find one somewhere else that will add more weight.

I would like an ajustable one also. I plan to use it on the treadmill as well as squats etc. :)

I guess I may have to get both...:D

I have seen them at TJ Maxx believe it or not! They are 24.99 and I think they are somewhere between 10-20 pounds and adjustable. It is different than Cathe's but very similiar to what you will find online. I have a small frame so the on at TJs was too big for me.

I would like an ajustable one also. I plan to use it on the treadmill as well as squats etc. :)

I guess I may have to get both...:D

Jann this is exactly what I am going to do, LOL. I am also planning on using it on the treadmill.

I was just thinking that I would have to try it on - the ones on ironwear have only one size, I think - so how would that work for women AND men's body frames?

Some of them are adjustable. The one I tried on at TJ Max was one size fiuts all and I think most of them are. My problem was that the vest was able to fit around my bust but was tremendous around my abdomen! I think one that wear the weight on the back will be more of a custome fit.

I have purchased two weighted vests from resistancewear.com over the past few years and they are great. They make vests to fit both men and women.

I bought mine from Asian World Martial Arts. It's a 40lb adjustable vest. The weights are in 1/2 incraments. I love this vest but it is pricey. $245...

I'm very disappointed the vest only goes to 10 pounds max. I liked the idea of using the vest to help with barbell squats, but was expecting to be able to add much more than that. Right now, I know I can get 55 pounds over my head, probably could go to 60, but I feel like I need much more weight than that to figure my 1RM for squats.

I'm just kind of surprised they went with this light on the vest. I tried one on at a sporting store in NJ that was kind of bulky but could go up to 80 lbs (granted, more than I need), looks like I'll have to go with bulky.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.