Weight Watchers - Third week of May, 2011

story1267

Cathlete
Late start this morning....gotta run.

Happy Sunday everyone! Glad to see the 5 hours of yardwork I did yesterday seems to have balanced out our dinner out! Yay!

Diet hasnt been stellar, but I did get my workout in this morning.

I did the kick/punch combos & ankle weight leg work premix from KPC followed by Ab Ripper X.

I had to get a new credit card with a new number last month and forgot that I had my automatic WW fee being taken from the old card. I'm wondering if it's time I just call it quits from WW. I mean I can track on my own and I dont use the site for activity points. I do like seeing my weight graphed out though, and I do still use some of the online points tracker/food point databases. Going to think about it a bit more.

Happy Sunday, Yall. I"ve had a very busy day. Ate too many sweets and have probably messed my 2lb loss up for the week. Man, that stuff was good though.

I cant wait to get on the scale tomorrow so I can start over.

Goodmorning ladies..
All that chocolate has caught up with me...I stayed the same this week! :( considering how great i have been at tracking etc i am a little discouraged (i stayed within my points but, did dip into my bonus anytime ones.)
This week my goal is to track faithfully, measure more and stay away from my bonus points! I will try to stay within my allowed 29 per day and not touch my weekly or my activity points (i never touch those anyways).

Good luck to all of us this week
stephanie

happy monday, Yall. No workout today. Im overloaded with sweets from yesterday and overslept. I hate not staying on plan. I will weigh in tomorrow no matter what though.

Shereta

Boy i don't know what is the matter with me these days...I seem to be totally off focus..I wanted to stay within my 29pts and already today I am at 40! I just cant seem to get with the program and am discouraged :(

On a good note I did a hiit 40-20 and the imax extreme. I made it all the way through but i used the 6 inch instead of the 8...i figure if 6 is good enough for Cathe..it should be okay for me!

Quick note...no workout, diet is so-so. I'm coming down with a sore throat, hopefully I'll be better tomorrow.

Steph, good job on that workout! Wow! KIU.

I know it's hard staying on point. Maybe you should re-think your food intake. I've found that I can eat more clean food (sometimes going well over all DP, WP and AP for the week) and still loose. It has to be all good food - no junk though.

That being said, I'm down another 1.5 this week. And, I know I went over every point I had last week. But, it was mostly good food. The workouts wear me out, but the good food replenishes me.

Stacy, please take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

thanks Shereta
I know i should avoid all the chocolate and i am getting close to ordering Tosca Renos clean eating book..
Have you read it and is it any good?

No, I havent read it. I have heard good things about it though.

What I have heard is Cathe always says to eat clean, get plenty of rest and water. I've also heard ladies on these boards saying how they eat alot of calories to sustain while doing Cathe workouts. it always blew my mind - I was reading numbers like 1800-2100. But, it was good food. And when I think of my workouts and how I go over WWers pts repeated, I only loose when I alot of clean food. It almost makes me want to quit WWers and just count calories. But, I'm not ready for that. hahahaha

I've tried the bigger losers diet. You know a variety of small amount of calories 1200-1400 and working out. I cannot sustain on that at all. Even WWers 29ppts a day wont work for me.

Shereta

I gave in an ordered the clean eating Tosca reno book the last 10 and another one (you get free shipping)
I am going to try following that along with the weight watcher points..I have WW until july and when i get back from all my summer vacations i am going to maybe try counting the calories..it just seems easier with ww somehow...i'll probobly stick with it..

So yesterday was my official weigh-in day, and I lost 1.2 pounds, for a total of 7.4 in 5 weeks! I'm really worried about this week, though, because not only is it that time of month when my weight is naturally higher, but I have two "high calorie events" coming up. Tonight is dinner at a friends house and she's making a dessert that involves brownies, Cool Whip, and homemade rich chocolate pudding! Then Thursday evening we were invited over to dinner at a couple's house that we don't all that well and so I can't be picky (like I can at a good friend's house) and I know that everything she cooks is super super high calorie. On top of that the couple lives 30 minutes away so I'm not sure whether I will have time to workout that day. I'm really, really trying to do my absolute best with eating and working out at all other times, though, so I won't see a gain this week.
Oh, and I do have the Clean Eating book by Tosca Reno. I like it. There's nothing revolutionary of course, but it's some good motivation. I also like how she suggests taking all your food with you and has "cooler" suggestions.

Hi gals so far still on track for today and its 7pm!:)

I wanted to knowif you gals can help me with something? When you do imax extreme or any of the cathes when she uses the 6 inch is that what she uses when she calculates the mets and all that stuff on the workout manager?
Are we supposed to do it with the 6 inch (i am 5'4).? I notice that on some of her workouts she uses the 8 inch so i thought that she calculates based on whether she uses the 6 or 8.... do you understand my question or am i all over the place??

thanks again
stephanie

Happy Wednesday, yall. today's workout was MMA Boxing. Earned 7 APs.

Stacy, Im feeling really bad for you. i know what you mean. I've had times like that. Hopefully you'll find the balance soon. Meditation and prayer always help me.

Laura, you are kicking some serious butt. KIU!

Hi Ladies,

I've fallen off the wagon recently, work has been very stressful but that's when I need the balance most. I'm keeping up with my workouts for the most part, but haven't been tracking for the last 2 weeks.

I recruited another cathlete to join our group, but she kindly pointed out that I haven't been here to check in so she has just been lurking. Nothing like a friend to give you a kick-start when needed!;)

My goal for this week is to track every day, every morsel, measure my food (I'm good at this one), and get to this check in at least every other day. I am attending a conference on Thursday/Friday which will be difficult to keep on track. I won't be able to w/o in the morning on those 2 days, and they provide your meals. I will do my best.

Shereta-so glad to see you are still here motivating us all. Keep up the good work, you are making excellent progress!

Stacy-I'm in the same boat with you. Take each day as they come and do the best you can for yourself. I've heard this before and find it motivating-Is this action I'm about to take going to help me reach my goals? This statement can be used in nearly every situation, whether it be eating, exercising, sitting on the couch, drinking, negative thoughts etc.

Steph-I have most of Tosca's books and although they are not revolutionary, I find them very informative and full of useful information. She is a true success story and shares some details of her personal life. I know what your asking about the mets, but don't have the answer. Wouldn't the met value be individual to each person?

LauraJane-social situations are always difficult. Maybe you could say you are allergic to chocolate...lol. I've read that you should have a plan and it sounds like you do. Try eating smaller portions of whatever is served. Not much help I know.

Have a great day Ladies!

hahahahha, Diana got her butt kicked by a newbie. hahahahaha
And that was a good suggestion about eating small portions of everything.

Shereta, don't feel bad about "cheating" LOL. I've been known to roam the interwebs. I've spent some time on SparkPeople as well.

Using fitday right now for tracking. Just finished Step Blast.

Weight is down, stress is up. What seems to have pushed me past that plateau is really cutting down on my adult beverage. Now, at most I had one small glass of wine or one small cocktail. But still. It's the wrong kind of carb and it was always in the evening. So.

I was very close to letting my WW expire this month, but thought better of it. I think quitting would be an excuse to not track anymore. So I entered in my weight on the site this morning and watched the graph go upwards :(

I did track my food today! The first time in a looong time. My problem is that I tend to track only my good days and not my bad days b/c it depresses me too much. The cure...not to have more good days!

One of my biggest obstacles has been my stress at work and I dont see that ending soon, so I'll just have to grin and bear it and try my best to not let it affect my progress with WW, that has done nothing but compound the stress!

I'm still feeling a bit under the weather with a headache and sore throat, so no plans for a workout today.

I'm at 18 PP so far but with my cold, I'm not that hungry at the moment but I do have some wiggle room if I want something later.

I'd like to thank everyone for their stories and motivation on here, just reading everyone's posts helps alot!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.